Twitter: Garrett: Carter will call defensive plays against NYG..Lee not ruled out

Frozen700

Reaction score
Love Carter, but this coaching staff is stupid.

You bench the guy, basically calling him a liability, now you want him making the Calls?? I think carter can do it, but why mess with him in the first place by benching him?

This might be a good week to take Eli as your QB in fantasy

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Until I see him on the field, the report will remind me of this:

http://newsok.com/nova-cek-out-this-possibility-tight-end-might-return-for-playoffs/article/2564409

December 19, 1996

IRVING, Texas - Bolstered by recent reports, the Dallas Cowboys have not ruled out the possibility that five-time Pro Bowl tight end Jay Novacek will return for the playoffs.

"Jay told one of our coaches that he feels the best he's felt in a long time. He thought he was optimistic about maybe playing in the playoffs," coach Barry Switzer said Tuesday. "That would be a tremendous lift to Troy Aikman and our offensive football team."

As it turned out, Novacek never played again.

I don't think we see Lee until the Bear game in December.

That opened up an old wound. I kept waiting for Jay to return and it was a real letdown when I realized his career was over.

Plankton

Reaction score
That opened up an old wound. I kept waiting for Jay to return and it was a real letdown when I realized his career was over.

It was rough. They dangled that as a carrot for the last couple of weeks of the season, and it went up in smoke. With all of the injuries in the Carolina game, they ended up with a WR corps of Kevin Williams, Kelvin Martin, Eric Bjornson and Herschel Walker (yes, they split him out wide) when they were down late in the fourth quarter.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys focused on simply getting Miles Austin healthy. Garrett hopes his presence and play will help the offense on Sunday

lol

That focus has been going on a long time! I wonder what Austin is focused on? :rolleyes:

marchetta

Reaction score
sean lee is about to pull a willis reed.

Doubt it. But, originally, I thought we lost him for the season the way he walked off the field and into the locker room. Probably won't be back until after the Thanksgiving Day game. And, I'm fine with that.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Doubt it. But, originally, I thought we lost him for the season the way he walked off the field and into the locker room. Probably won't be back until after the Thanksgiving Day game. And, I'm fine with that.

I agree. This is a big game because it is against a division opponent, but there are still two more division games yet to play. The rest of the season is more important than this game.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It was rough. They dangled that as a carrot for the last couple of weeks of the season, and it went up in smoke. With all of the injuries in the Carolina game, they ended up with a WR corps of Kevin Williams, Kelvin Martin, Eric Bjornson and Herschel Walker (yes, they split him out wide) when they were down late in the fourth quarter.

Yeah, I remember that. I also recall seeing a wishbone formation with Herschel, Emmitt and Sherman Williams all on the field at the same time.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Until I see him on the field, the report will remind me of this:

http://newsok.com/nova-cek-out-this-possibility-tight-end-might-return-for-playoffs/article/2564409

December 19, 1996

IRVING, Texas - Bolstered by recent reports, the Dallas Cowboys have not ruled out the possibility that five-time Pro Bowl tight end Jay Novacek will return for the playoffs.

"Jay told one of our coaches that he feels the best he's felt in a long time. He thought he was optimistic about maybe playing in the playoffs," coach Barry Switzer said Tuesday. "That would be a tremendous lift to Troy Aikman and our offensive football team."

As it turned out, Novacek never played again.

I don't think we see Lee until the Bear game in December.

Do you want to find an article not from 17 years ago? I mean I get your point but let's not compare a generation's difference in medical science.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
You're all wrong....Sean Lee is done with this team. He's off to Chicago to join Rat!......kiddin!

But seriously you can't trust anything reported by this team that is injury related. Rat went from return in one week to bears!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love Carter, but this coaching staff is stupid.

You bench the guy, basically calling him a liability, now you want him making the Calls?? I think carter can do it, but why mess with him in the first place by benching him?

It probably has more to do with him being the only healthy starter left in the LB corps than it does with the coaches being stupid. And by most reports, they benched him for his preparation and effort the week leading into and following the SD game.

My boy Holloman is about to see the field! STOKED! #gamecocks #udidntknow?

I'm stoked to see him, too. It's always risky playing a low-round rookie that much, but the guy does just make plays when he's on the field.