News: Garrett chimes in on Dez's involvement in the offense

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The offense has all the pieces you would need to succeed in the NFL.

A diverse group of WRs with different skillsets, a reliable safety valve TE that converts third downs, two very good multipurpose 3 down backs, heck they even have an X-factor type back with Dunbar.

All behind the best OL in the league.

Yet we end up looking like this most games:

electric-football.gif

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is our offense in a nutshell. Impose our own will? Nonsense! We let other teams dictate to us on what we are going to run. This team will never win a Super Bowl with him in charge and that mindset :thumbdown:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
He's the head coach, why would he incriminate himself? It's like asking Dean Blandino if he thinks a ref blew a call. It's not in his interest to ever say, "The refs screwed up." because that means he screwed up.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
He's the head coach, why would he incriminate himself? It's like asking Dean Blandino if he thinks a ref blew a call. It's not in his interest to ever say, "The refs screwed up." because that means he screwed up.

Has Garrett ever once taken the blame for anything? Has he ever said "I need to do better as a coach" beyond generic statements like "We all need to do our jobs" or something along those lines? I hear a lot of other coaches, every Sunday, putting the onus on themselves after a lackluster performance.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

He did incriminate himself.

Telling the world that you couldn't get the ball in the hands of your superstar receiver because you only would take what the defense gave you says it all.

YR

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I hope this is just coach speak. We need to get our #1 WR the ball, and obviously opposing defenses aren't just going to give that to us. Defenses stack the box and we run anyway, because it usually works for us anyway. I think force feeding Dez is worth a shot at least l.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Has Garrett ever once taken the blame for anything? Has he ever said "I need to do better as a coach" beyond generic statements like "We all need to do our jobs" or something along those lines? I hear a lot of other coaches, every Sunday, putting the onus on themselves after a lackluster performance.
Not once. It's always the players.

He is a major passive aggressive guy so you'll the ball forced to Dez next week.

Carson

Reaction score
Not once. It's always the players.

He is a major passive aggressive guy so you'll the ball forced to Dez next week.

Let's hope. No matter how much they cover Dez, he should never have only 5 targets a game. Unreal

Reactions: BAT

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I hope this is just coach speak. We need to get our #1 WR the ball, and obviously opposing defenses aren't just going to give that to us. Defenses stack the box and we run anyway, because it usually works for us anyway. I think force feeding Dez is worth a shot at least l.

Why would it be coach speak? People have had the same complaints for a long time now and nothing has changed.

So the defense is giving up the middle of the field, how about taking advantage of that with Williams and Dez instead of just the 2 slowest receivers on the team.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I thought I would come in here and read, "who's Dez" as red answers the question....