Garrett comment on Tank

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really have to spend money. I'm spending it on defensive tackles. Last year alone should have proved how important the middle Rush is. Patriots killed Mahomes up the middle . And the Rams killed us the middle running game

Sydla

Reaction score
That's all fine and dandy but I don't think Lawrence really wants to hear Garrett talk about salary cap responsibility. I mean in the end, the Cowboys are offering him a really large contract that's going to have salary cap implications down the road anyway, so the HC telling him they need to be more responsible with the cap in this contract when they are likely only quibbling over a few million per year isn't going to sit well.

You want real salary cap responsibility? Don't sign him at all. Trade him and look for cheaper options at DE (which I am coming around to that idea if you can get Quinn and then consider Ansah for less).

This is nothing but Garrett being a public mouthpiece for Jerry. It's probably not going to sit well with Lawrence and his camp.

conner01

Reaction score
Give him 20 mil a year and let’s go
He’s not gonna play for what he got last year
If he wants much more than let his agent find a team that will pay it and we can make that happen for him

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's all fine and dandy but I don't think Lawrence really wants to hear Garrett talk about salary cap responsibility. I mean in the end, the Cowboys are offering him a really large contract that's going to have salary cap implications down the road anyway, so the HC telling him they need to be more responsible with the cap in this contract when they are likely only quibbling over a few million per year isn't going to sit well.

You want real salary cap responsibility? Don't sign him at all. Trade him and look for cheaper options at DE (which I am coming around to that idea if you can get Quinn and then consider Ansah for less).

This is nothing but Garrett being a public mouthpiece for Jerry. It's probably not going to sit well with Lawrence and his camp.

Of course, Garrett wasn't talking about just one contract with one player. He was talking about the overall philosophy of salary cap discipline.

erod

Reaction score
The Angels just gave a guy a half a billion dollars. Which top the third of a billion Philly gave to a guy.

Aaron Rodgers was given more money than Lambeau Field is worth.

LeBron makes more than the entire Bulls roster did in the 90s.

Messi makes more than $100 million per season.

Pro sports has jumped the shark.

Sydla

Reaction score
Of course, Garrett wasn't talking about just one contract with one player. He was talking about the overall philosophy of salary cap discipline.

Let's not be naïve. He's talking about Lawrence and the contract situation and that at some point the player has to decide if he wants to win and maybe take less to not muck up the cap.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Angels just gave a guy a half a billion dollars. Which top the third of a billion Philly gave to a guy.

Aaron Rodgers was given more money than Lambeau Field is worth.

LeBron makes more than the entire Bulls roster did in the 90s.

Messi makes more than $100 million per season.

Pro sports has jumped the shark.

I disagree. Most fans don’t care how much players make, except for the impact it has on the salary cap.

The actual amount of money doesn’t matter to most.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I disagree. Most fans don’t care how much players make, except for the impact it has on the salary cap.

The actual amount of money doesn’t matter to most and most.
Salary cap has never been an issue for this franchise we have always found a way around it. Now that we finally have money lol it will buy us more depth football players. That's just the franchise knows how to spend it well

exciter

Reaction score

I'm guessing it's more than a few million. They're probably offering something around his true market value as a strong side DE around 100m and hes going on something around the 140 million mack got. It it was a few million they would have acquiesced to him long ago!