Garrett comment on Tank

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
not worth 20 mil a year for sure but the NFL is a company, we as fans contribute to that company and the money that company generates will go back into itself. The money is going to go somewhere within the company regardless.

DLaw disagrees with your assessment, in fact, DLaw sees his value around $22 million.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
makes total and complete sense.

In other words............If all you care about is being the highest paid player, then your not for us.

Personally, I love that attitude as a franchise. If you have no concept of team then goodbye.

It will be very interesting to see how Dak does with that. Will he be a leader in that respect? Will he lead the way in NOT taking some crazy salary even though he could get it?

It will be interesting to see.

DLaw's response to you would be, "in that case, lift the tag and let me be a free agent".

He has a point. If the Cowboys dont want to make him the highest paid player in the NFL at his position, then dont franchise tag him. You didnt see the Pats franchise FLowers, did you? They said if you want that type of money, good luck and thanks for your services.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who make 20 Mil?

$20 million is the franchise tag number for DEs for the 2019 season. It is calculated by averaging the annual salaries of the top 5 highest paid DEs in the league.

The Cowboys knew this full well when they decided to use the franchise tag for a second year in a row. They also knew that this would become the new floor to negotiate a long term contract. If the Cowboys feel DLaw is not worth this much money, they can always recend the tag and let him become a free agent. Nobody is forcing the Cowboys to pay DLaw a single penny if they dont want to.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said they got their money worth with those QBs, now did I?

No, you tried to make some lame argument about their being paid tied to number of games won and then contradicted and embarrassed yourself.

you’ve been arguing those guys are proof that teams don’t put a premium on winning with QBs, all the while ignoring that there weren’t QBs from winning teams available to choose from.

Not once did I do that, ever. You know it, I know it, and everyone reading this thread knows it. What a pathetic attempt to divert attention from the fact that you clearly contradicted yourself.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
No, you tried to make some lame argument about their being paid tied to number of games won and then contradicted and embarrassed yourself.

Not once did I do that, ever. You know it, I know it, and everyone reading this thread knows it. What a pathetic attempt to divert attention from the fact that you clearly contradicted yourself.
*Sgt.Shultz remains staunchly adamant in his original statement ,even as Col. Klink threatens immediate re-deployment to the Russian front,,,:omg:

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Since Garrett's job security will to large extent depend on having as many good players on the roster as he can find, I'd be attempting to keep Tank sweet, not stoking the fire!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
DLaw's response to you would be, "in that case, lift the tag and let me be a free agent".

He has a point. If the Cowboys dont want to make him the highest paid player in the NFL at his position, then dont franchise tag him. You didnt see the Pats franchise FLowers, did you? They said if you want that type of money, good luck and thanks for your services.

Its called negotiation and also protecting an asset. Not done much of either of those have you?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Its called negotiation and also protecting an asset. Not done much of either of those have you?

We are just having a discussion here, why are you taking personal shots?

And yes, for your information, I have done plenty of negotiations since I was manager of a division of several hundred people after I graduated from UT, but frankly that is none of your business.

Now I could respond in kind by saying you are acting like a total dick, but I will take the high ground here and not personally attack you

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We are just having a discussion here, why are you taking personal shots?

And yes, for your information, I have done plenty of negotiations since I was manager of a division of several hundred people after I graduated from UT, but frankly that is none of your business.

Now I could respond in kind by saying you are acting like a total dick, but I will take the high ground here and not personally attack you

Taking the high ground eh? LOL Is that what you call what you did?

You can attack me all you want buddy. I wont go crying about it, you can be assured of that. I can only make assumptions based on your responses. And you wouldnt be out of order calling me what you just did. I dont suffer fools well on this site.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Taking the high ground eh? LOL Is that what you call what you did?

You can attack me all you want buddy. I wont go crying about it, you can be assured of that. I can only make assumptions based on your responses. And you wouldnt be out of order calling me what you just did. I dont suffer fools well on this site.

Glad to hear it:thumbup: