Garrett: Eagles the best team in football

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
So sick and tired of all the talking heads praising the Eagles and calling them SB Contenders. The Commanders may be the worse team in football. The Lions and Vikings are mediocre. So sickening.

You can tell that all of the praise is getting to Eagles fans heads. Because I'm now seeing them not only predict that they'll go to the Super Bowl. But they are even predicting that they'll go 17-0 too. Hope they'll crash and burn and we will look back in November and December, recalling how the media and Eagles fans crowned them in September.

mcmvp

Reaction score
You can tell that all of the praise is getting to Eagles fans heads. Because I'm now seeing them not only predict that they'll go to the Super Bowl. But they are even predicting that they'll go 17-0 too. Hope they'll crash and burn and we will look back in November and December, recalling how the media and Eagles fans crowned them in September.

Oh come on…there are overly optimistic fans in every fan base. I guarantee you 99% of Eagles fans don’t think they will go undefeated. If you saw 1 or 2 of them say something silly, I would hope you wouldn’t be naive enough to believe they speak for the majority.

Hell I’m still not even convinced that Jalen Hurts is the long time answer. Yeah he’s lighting it on fire right now, and he’s played a lot better than I thought he was capable of, but it’s a long season.

Eagles started 3-0 in 2016 and missed the playoffs

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What’s really impressive about Philly is they’re getting it done offensively and defensively and Jalen Hurts is making plays from the pocket. Go look at some of the throws he made yesterday from the pocket. He made some perfect throws down the field from the pocket.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Well, so far it seems to be working.
Every team has a weakness that they try to hide. It's part of their "game plan".

Some weaknesses are fatal though. A QB who can't read a defense in modern football is a fatal flaw, because any offense without a QB who can progress through downfield reads always inevitably gets "figured out" and playoff caliber defenses start shutting it down.

Not to mention there is extensive precedent for what the Eagles are trying to do, and it always ends the same way.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
So why did the Bills lose yesterday to the Dolphins? Was it a mirage? Anyone with a functioning brain cam see who was the better team yesterday.
The better team can lose. It happens all the time. The Bills ran almost 3 times as many plays as Miami. Mistakes hurt them, but absolutely the Bills are better than Miami.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
LOL, where are you seeing eagles fans, in numbers, predicting 17-0. I call BS on that one

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The better team can lose. It happens all the time. The Bills ran almost 3 times as many plays as Miami. Mistakes hurt them, but absolutely the Bills are better than Miami.
They weren't yesterday. Like Bill Parcells used to say..."You are what your record says you are."

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Really?? Is that what we're talking about lol.. SMH some of you guys need to get a clue.. Who really gives a darn who is the best team in September?! My first response still stands..
Then zip it and wait until December to show up and say anything! Heed your own words!