Garrett embracing the youth in critical year with Cowboys

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You know what’s pretty funny:
Jimmy Johnson career W-L record of .556
Jason Garrett career W-L record of .558

Fans live in mythologies of their own making...they repeat them in their heads...attach emotion...and it becomes cement in their head.
When Jason Garrett actually builds a team into a Dynasty then we can compare the two.

mrmojo

Reaction score

Fans live in mythologies of their own making...they repeat them in their heads...attach emotion...and it becomes cement in their head.
Lol your not serious are you? That sample is skewed by 1 and 15...I'll take .556 and 2 SB Trophies thank you.

Mannix

Reaction score
------However, I just hope this isn’t a built in excuse for Garrett to underachieve again this season.

Of course it is....Jerry has already forgotten how mad he was after Philly won the Super Bowl.

Blake

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Red is Uncle Rico if he had a mediocre career as a backup qb, that later springboarded him into a career as a mediocre coach.

Clappin' away, reminiscing about the glory day of 94'.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Sign me up to live in that mythology again.

T-RO

Reaction score
Lol your not serious are you? That sample is skewed by 1 and 15...I'll take .556 and 2 SB Trophies thank you.

And let’s not forget that Jimmy benefitted from pre-salary cap where Jerry could buy whatever talent he wanted. As it turns out Jimmy’s W-L % was about the same in Miami as it was in Dallas. I’m not saying Garrett is as good a coach as Jimmy. At all. I am saying fans around here have wildly crazy notions about Garrett.

Garrett gets dumped on 100x more than is deserved or rationally warranted. He sure isn’t great, but he sure isn’t terrible.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
MSN.Com ranked all of the NFL Coaches, could someone guess where the best clapping coach in the league came in?

GMO415

Reaction score
Hopefully they will do well under Sean Payton next year.