Garrett had 3 years to win while team was cheap & happy but failed

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The old “gO rOot foR SOmeoNE eLse!!” Line

Predictable

Yall come on this site 24/7/365 crying and whining about why this team has been crap and why media members show us no love.

Being known as an “accident waiting to happen” and “choke artists” and the “definition of mediocre” is embarrassing for a team that was such a winner back in yall days
Ahahahahahahahahaha.....did you just quote Stephen A Smith? Not once.....but twice?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All kidding aside who I think is a legit HC, might be the perfect OC for Prescott and desperate enough for a HC position he’d suck up his pride to work for Jerry.

Art Briles.. if you can drag him away from Vernon High School. Lol.. but seriously . The guy can coach and great offensive mind. Just give him some talent to work with. He could develop a scheme for Dak.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The "reality" is none of us has the power to change coaches, QBs, or even get rid of Rowdy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2016-2018

QB on rookie deal
RB on rookie deal
Slot WR on rookie deal
Center on rookie deal
RG on rookie deal
RT on rookie deal
LBs on rookie deals
CBs on rookie deal
LT on discounted deal
This was the time to win. Good job Garrett. Now let's discuss holdouts and 35M+/yr deals.

It really was incredible that they kept on Linehan in 2018. 2017 was his chance to overhaul the offense for the first time in a decade with Tony leaving and Dak taking over. And it was a colossal and unbridled failure.

Could have at least moved on to Moore at the bye. But no. Dead OC walking for the rest of the season.

It wasn't just a time to win. It was time to build a new offense around our presumed franchise QB, and evaluate him for a franchise QB contract. We didn't just lose those out on winning in those years, we lost out on the development of the offense and Dak, and the chance to see if development just wasn't going to take.

You can win in the first few years of fat new contracts. But you'd better be on the verge of winning, and be *right* about the checks you write.

Now we're going to write that check for Dak without knowing. If it's the wrong call, the team will eat a few years of a good young team, with the oline in the normal prime of their careers.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
2016-2018

QB on rookie deal
RB on rookie deal
Slot WR on rookie deal
Center on rookie deal
RG on rookie deal
RT on rookie deal
LBs on rookie deals
CBs on rookie deal
LT on discounted deal

This was the time to win. Good job Garrett. Now let's discuss holdouts and 35M+/yr deals. :clap:

We know this. Jerry doesn’t care.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As much as I don't care for SAS he does make valid points from time to time.

I'm note questioning if he's making valid points from time time. My point is.....he's a confirmed Cowboys hater. He's built his whole First Take career on how much he hates the Cowboys. So why on earth would I use him to gauge how good or bad the Cowboys are?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm note questioning if he's making valid points from time time. My point is.....he's a confirmed Cowboys hater. He's built his whole First Take career on how much he hates the Cowboys. So why on earth would I use him to gauge how good or bad the Cowboys are?
I didn't say this was one of those times

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys have even a vague sense of how hard it is to actually win a Superbowl? Why does everybody around here act like getting a top-8 roster somehow entitles the fans to a Superbowl win? You know how many top-8 teams don't get one each season? I'll do the math for you: at least 7 of them. That's at least 21 of 24 teams not getting it done in OP's three year span. And that's with the Cowboys with a disadvantage at HC, OC, DC, QB, and GM, if popular opinion here is to be believed.

Yet another reason not to believe popular opinion. Stick to smart opinions and it will work out better in the long run.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
For all the Pom Pom guys and Garrett apologists, you must admit this is the put up or shut up year. He has no excuses. None. So let’s see what happens.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You guys have even a vague sense of how hard it is to actually win a Superbowl? Why does everybody around here act like getting a top-8 roster somehow entitles the fans to a Superbowl win? You know how many top-8 teams don't get one each season? I'll do the math for you: at least 7 of them. That's at least 21 of 24 teams not getting it done in OP's three year span. And that's with the Cowboys with a disadvantage at HC, OC, DC, QB, and GM, if popular opinion here is to be believed.

Yet another reason not to believe popular opinion. Stick to smart opinions and it will work out better in the long run.

Here comes the Everest of Garrett apologists...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here comes the Everest of Garrett apologists...

Address the points, if you care to. When you just come at me personally it makes it look like you can't win an argument on merit.

If you do that, we can have another thread sometime about the things I actually don't like about Jason Garrett. There are several things on my list. The thing is, I just don't let truly stupid criticisms of the guy slide. Truly stupid criticisms of the guy crop up daily, and you guys will swallow them whole without giving them a second thought.

Like this thread here, as if any of the teams from 2016-2018 are supposed to have been shoe-ins for a Superbowl victory after the fact. I mean, just dumb.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Address the points, if you care to. When you just come at me personally it makes it look like you can't win an argument on merit.

If you do that, we can have another thread sometime about the things I actually don't like about Jason Garrett. There are several things on my list. The thing is, I just don't let truly stupid criticisms of the guy slide. Truly stupid criticisms of the guy crop up daily, and you guys will swallow them whole without giving them a second thought.

Like this thread here, as if any of the teams from 2016-2018 are supposed to have been shoe-ins for a Superbowl victory after the fact. I mean, just dumb.

It’s not personal. Your support of Garrett is well documented here. As a mod you can probably run some algo and pull the data. I can’t remember a single “stupid criticism” of the guy. All the negative comments are grounded in facts. His record speaks for itself. It appears he has no excuses this season so let’s see what happens.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It’s not personal. Your support of Garrett is well documented here. As a mod you can probably run some algo and pull the data. I can’t remember a single “stupid criticism” of the guy. All the negative comments are grounded in facts. His record speaks for itself. It appears he has no excuses this season so let’s see what happens.

You do realize that by talking about "his support of Garrett" is the very definition of making it personal. You are basically saying that by one supporting Garrett it invalidates ones arguments. It's really stupid, partisan reasoning.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Like I said, if you want to tackle my argument, tackle it. Don't just write it off because I often defend the guy from similarly stupid takes.

I agree that he's built another team that ought to be really good and capable of contending in the NFC. We'll see what happens.