Garrett had 3 years to win while team was cheap & happy but failed

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2019 will go down as one of the biggest wasted seasons in franchise history if we don't contend.

Very true, but on the plus side these will be the Cowboys new shirts next year:

end-of-an-error-2020-mens-t-shirt.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
2016-2018

QB on rookie deal
RB on rookie deal
Slot WR on rookie deal
Center on rookie deal
RG on rookie deal
RT on rookie deal
LBs on rookie deals
CBs on rookie deal
LT on discounted deal

This was the time to win. Good job Garrett. Now let's discuss holdouts and 35M+/yr deals. :clap:

well, maybe Dak will care like Brady does and take less money so we can sign other players and win championships..... maybe Dak will push to make most amount of money and limit us signing other players...we will see how it plays out.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a forum. It is a place where personal thoughts are typed out so others can read and digest them for themselves.

Pretend it is any given week. On Sunday, someone posts, "Garrett failed. Here's why.". Readers digest it. Monday, someone else posts, "Our head coach underachieved. Here's how." Readers digest it. Tuesday, another person posts, "Jason must go. Here's a list of his head coaching deficiencies." Readers digest it. By the following Sunday, readers might stop and think about the content they had read over the course of the week and declare, "I get it. Garrett sucks."

Why is it offensive if readers eventually respond with "I get it. Garrett sucks."

?

ghst187

Reaction score
2016-2018

QB on rookie deal
RB on rookie deal
Slot WR on rookie deal
Center on rookie deal
RG on rookie deal
RT on rookie deal
LBs on rookie deals
CBs on rookie deal
LT on discounted deal

This was the time to win. Good job Garrett. Now let's discuss holdouts and 35M+/yr deals. :clap:

JG couldn’t win with Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin in their primes. JG will never win period.

Hadenough

Reaction score
2016-2018

QB on rookie deal
RB on rookie deal
Slot WR on rookie deal
Center on rookie deal
RG on rookie deal
RT on rookie deal
LBs on rookie deals
CBs on rookie deal
LT on discounted deal

According to others we dont have to worry about the team paying players. The cap will be going up so it's kinda like they can just pay everyone whatever they want and keep the whole team and if there are any issues they can restructure contracts. They make it sound like there is no salary cap. I wonder why the Seattle Seahawks had to let all those players go from the SB years?

Blackrain

Reaction score
This is a forum. It is a place where personal thoughts are typed out so others can read and digest them for themselves.

Pretend it is any given week. On Sunday, someone posts, "Garrett failed. Here's why.". Readers digest it. Monday, someone else posts, "Our head coach underachieved. Here's how." Readers digest it. Tuesday, another person posts, "Jason must go. Here's a list of his head coaching deficiencies." Readers digest it. By the following Sunday, readers might stop and think about the content they had read over the course of the week and declare, "I get it. Garrett sucks."

Why is it offensive if readers eventually respond with "I get it. Garrett sucks."

?
How about Garrett dosent suck but he has obvious limitations in big games Makes me think of Marty S

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Nobody has closed more windows during his tenure than Jason Garrett, it's his thing.

From the 11-5 team of 2009 he inherited and took to 8-8 for three years, to the 12-4 team with Romo, Murray, Dez and Witten, to the 13-3 team of 2016. Nobody does "rebuild" as long as Garrett has.

But good news is on the horizon. His own window closes this year.

kean-close-the-window.gif

I sometimes feel Jerry has Garretts window propped open with a stick