Twitter: Garrett "It's my responsibility, my fault, my job to make sure we do it better"

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
iu
All eagles fans are fickle.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've never seen this team's fans and the media so one-sided on a player or coach. There is literally no division about this anymore. Everyone agrees its time and I think Garrett senses it too. To me, that makes the timing of this quite suspect. This was a reactionary stance based on the press.

He's done.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Good, you finally took responsibility. And now that you've admitted you're responsible for this mess, you're fired!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Too late Ginger by like 10 years and you still suck as a coach.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I've never seen this team's fans and the media so one-sided on a player or coach. There is literally no division about this anymore. Everyone agrees its time and I think Garrett senses it too. To me, that makes the timing of this quite suspect. This was a reactionary stance based on the press.

He's done.

Yeah, in years past people tolerated Garrett. But feels different this year. Couple that with the upcoming schedule, it will only get worse for Garrett.

CWR

Reaction score
He ONLY said this because he was getting called out all over the media.

If he truly was accepting responsibility he'd have said that in the first place.

His initial instinct was to place blame everywhere else. Imo

Sydla

Reaction score
There goes the “Garrett throws everyone under the bus” narrative

He now accepts responsibility three days after the game and two days after he basically blamed the player(s).

This is nothing more than damage control at this point after he got criticized in the press and by some former players.

Ask yourself this, what was his first gut instinct to do right after the game? That's right, put the blame on other people. It was only after he caught some flak that he suddenly accepts responsibility. I know you aren't that naive.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He now accepts responsibility three days after the game and two days after he basically blamed the player(s).

This is nothing more than damage control at this point after he got criticized in the press and by some former players.

Ask yourself this, what was his first gut instinct to do right after the game? That's right, put the blame on other people. It was only after he caught some flak that he suddenly accepts responsibility. I know you aren't that naive.

Don’t be so sure he isn’t that naive.

CPanther95

Reaction score
He said:
"That's on all of us, okay . Its on me, Its on Keith, its on every coach, every player involved in that situation, we didn't do a good enough job."

NEVER DID HE SAY : 'It's my responsibility, my fault, my job to make sure we do it better,'

So basically after throwing Tavon under the bus, then O'Quinn... he's now reiterating that they are still the ones to blame, but it's also fair if they want to lump him in there also......as long as they lump in every single player and coach along with him.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Everyone was complaining that Garrett always throws everyone else under the bus and never takes the blame. Now that he does, I see every kind of post other than ones acknowledging that he's taking responsibility. I don't care - Just sayin'.

Kinda hard to say he was being genuine when he already threw everyone under the bus and only owns it once the media and fans called him out on it. That's like commending a kid for telling the truth after being caught in a lie. The only reason he told the truth was because he got caught..