Twitter: Garrett "It's my responsibility, my fault, my job to make sure we do it better"

Qcard

Reaction score

Doesn't change anything

Championship Game or Bust!!!

This is just par for the course. Garrett's been doing this dance and song for 10 plus seasons.. Good guy hopefully they can find a front office gig for Garrett

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everyone was complaining that Garrett always throws everyone else under the bus and never takes the blame. Now that he does, I see every kind of post other than ones acknowledging that he's taking responsibility. I don't care - Just sayin'.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everyone was complaining that Garrett always throws everyone else under the bus and never takes the blame. Now that he does, I see every kind of post other than ones acknowledging that he's taking responsibility. I don't care - Just sayin'.
Run---- we fanzone freaks can be a bunch of Negative Nancy's....

Blake

Reaction score

Whoopdie! It's been an entire decade for him to finally accept responsibility for his shortcomings. One instance does not absolve him of criticism for a pattern of deflecting blame. No one buys that Reds admission is genuine unless they have room temperature IQ.

Big_D

Reaction score

It's completely different when you already threw everyone under the bus first thing Monday, then backtracked 2 days later. These are the things he should've been saying for 10 years. That's what coaches do. Have we actually seen him say any of these things before? Seems much more like damage control then it does him stepping up and actually taking responsibility. Sounds like he was being coached for this one cause he completely changed his tune.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
A day late. He only did it after he was bashed all over for it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whoopdie! It's been an entire decade for him to finally accept responsibility for his shortcomings. One instance does not absolve him of criticism for a pattern of deflecting blame. No one buys that Reds admission is genuine unless they have room temperature IQ.
As I said, I don't really care. My point wasn't to say that Garrett just proved everyone wrong. I just noticed that after all the posts I've seen, the subject of the thread is pretty much ignored, in favor of bashing whatever a particular poster wants to bash. lol

nobody

Reaction score

It doesn't change the fact that he did the wrong thing in the first place by publicly throwing players under the bus.... Spin control isn't the same as doing the right thing in the first place. I did mention being shocked he actually did it.

We'll see if it's something he does in the future at the right time instead of as spin control. :)

The guy's been the HC a long time now. The miscommunication shouldn't have happened. His behavior up until today shouldn't have happened.

I'm sick of a HC in training. Yeah, it's good that he finally did the right thing, but doing it under duress isn't the same thing as doing it for the right reasons.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yeh hes saying that today after Jesse Holley aired out this staff on hanging with the boys yesterday. Rumor is players are pissed off they hung Tavon out to dry on that fair catch. And tavon is very much liked by players on both sides of the ball

Some commented on how Tavon could be released because he wouldn't allow himself to be thrown under the bus and take the blame for something the coaching staff told him to do. Yet, if Tavon did get released after standing up for himself, then the other players would know that it was done out of revenge or spite towards Tavon. And that would only serve to put Garrett at more risk of losing the players and the locker room. To see a well liked player be cut for the coaching staff's blunders and not letting the media fault him because of Garrett not being truthful or getting things correct before he made it seem like it was Tavon's fault.

It's on Garrett. Why isn't he making sure that his special teams coaches have all of the players on the right page on what to do. Why didn't Garrett and the special teams coach gather all of the special teams players in a huddle, discussing what to do in the situation in case the Vikings punted? This coaching staff can't even do the common sense type of things in critical game situations and it's pathetic.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeh hes saying that today after Jesse Holley aired out this staff on hanging with the boys yesterday. Rumor is players are pissed off they hung Tavon out to dry on that fair catch. And tavon is very much liked by players on both sides of the ball

Exactly. He's again doing this to save himself. He'd be easier to forgive if he said this rather than throwing everyone under the bus initially.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I'd like to hear him say that *he* should do better, and identify a few of the obvious failures he plans on never repeating.

"It's my job to make sure we do better" is the way to pretend to take responsibility while pointing at others as the problem. "It's my job to stop everyone else from screwing up so much."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At the end of the season Jerry will probably get Jason to announce his resignation like he did Romo.

I cant wait to see the list of Puppets we will choose from.

Maybe he thinks Moore is the next McVay. Lol