Garrett might not want a new Contract

Brooksey

Reaction score
He is basically a fan like us, only he stands on the sidelines with a headset, and all he can do is clap.

Not true I think they told him to stop clapping too. If they next tell him to stop spitting he can just stand there like a frozen statue.

Don't talk, Don't clap, Don't spit. Just stand there with that dumb look on your face

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Good. Hope he doesn't. Doesn't matter who initiates this divorce, just that it happens at the end of this season...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm going to implode if he goes to NYG and turns them into perennial contenders without Jerry's interference.
I don’t think they will be SB contenders, but they would be perennial NFC East contenders, which is what he was able to accomplish here. He would be a thorn in our side like we are to the other 3 NFC East teams. He’s just not the coach to get you over the hump to greatness. He would definitely clean up the circus in NY though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s what people said about Zimmer before he was chased out of town, and now some have suggested we try to hire him as coach.

It’s time for a change but not convinced the right person is leaving.

Yeah Zimmer is a good defensive coordinator but he has been a head coach for quite awhile and still has nothing to show for it so there should be no regrets.

Championship coaches usually don't take that long to win a title. It comes quick.

It's actually not a process and continuity is not a good thing if that continuity hasn't produced anything.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE....
:lmao:
3iwbrq.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Reaction score
For several years now, I have wanted Garrett fired, but what If rumors are correct that Jason Garrett will be coaching somewhere next year... ie the Giants, why would he want a new extension here?

He has been hamstrung for years now, all aspects of control on this team have been stripped away, He is basically a fan like us, only he stands on the sidelines with a headset, and all he can do is clap.

If he had any dignity as a coach, he would want out of here!!

He can't even cut his kicker...I don't see how he would want to stay here.
Good. Then leave.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He may want a change of scenery as much as most of us.

I said this yesterday and agree. Right now he has to hear who they are talking to and looking at. Pretty much Jerry called him out and he got called out for throwing Austin under the bus. So it wouldn't surprise me that no matter what happens, they end up with a "mutual parting of ways."

Reaction score
I stated this in like week 3 in things I think post....
JG willingly coached out this deal knowing he had ot make it farther than he had in 10 prior seasons as HC.
You don't do that without seriously considering other options and outcomes.

Go home to the Giants where expectations are near zero or remain here where he had 10 years of history held over his head and winning a division is laughed off as nothing??
He's not going to coach for the Giants.

There is no way the Giants can sell Garrett to their fanbase. He is considered a joke. He would be villified the second they hire him.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I have made this point for several years and this year, just look at him on the sideline, he can't wait to get away from the circus and get to a normal football team.
Haha wait til his suckage goes to New York! He was treated with kid gloves in Dallas until very recently.
Once he starts sucking on NY (and he will) they will tear him to pieces and I will love every minute of it.
He had it easy here - paid millions per year and didn't have to do much and the local media kissed his butt

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am sure there is a Pop Warner team out there that would welcome him..of course he'd still need a clock manager and an OC....

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Threads like this are funny. That coward is enploying multiple family members throughout his tenure. Something he couldnt do anywhere else but some act like hes too good for this orginization. Hes a fraud and a coward. He doesnt want to go anywhere.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I said this yesterday and agree. Right now he has to hear who they are talking to and looking at. Pretty much Jerry called him out and he got called out for throwing Austin under the bus. So it wouldn't surprise me that no matter what happens, they end up with a "mutual parting of ways."
it is technically a mutual parting JG has no contract after the last game.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I'm going to implode if he goes to NYG and turns them into perennial contenders without Jerry's interference.

If that happens, that would answer all questions whether or not Jerry really interferes. I'm convinced he does but that would explain a lot...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For several years now, I have wanted Garrett fired, but what If rumors are correct that Jason Garrett will be coaching somewhere next year... ie the Giants, why would he want a new extension here?

He has been hamstrung for years now, all aspects of control on this team have been stripped away, He is basically a fan like us, only he stands on the sidelines with a headset, and all he can do is clap.

If he had any dignity as a coach, he would want out of here!!

He can't even cut his kicker...I don't see how he would want to stay here.
My thoughts exactly!!! But, at the end of the day he is a kitten and doesn't have the stones to leave on his own.

Chill35

Reaction score
All I know is that JGarrett could do more to help the Cowboys by signing with a division Rival, then he ever did in the 18 years he has been with the Cowboys as either a Coach or Player.

jrumann59

Reaction score
All I know is that JGarrett could do more to help the Cowboys by signing with a division Rival, then he ever did in the 18 years he has been with the Cowboys as either a Coach or Player.
While it is nice to blame the coach, JG has been in tough spot besides managing the stuff on the field averagely, he has had to manage the stuff going on higher up also. Ultimately I think that is why BP left also, no matter how much Jerry says he will take a backseat Jerry will only take a backseat when he is 6 feet under. I hang a good bit on JG but there are other factors also. If he goes to a division rival where all he has to do is concentrate on football and not what his moronic GM/Owner and idiot son say every day people will be mad when he gets the best of the Golden Boy that replaces him. I am not saying Keep him I am just saying thinking he is going to be easy win based on what he has handled here is a bit presumptuous.