Garrett needs to take back Playcalling

roy31

Reaction score
Linehan was kept this year to be the scapegoat if this season failed like all the others

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This is not a "Fire Jason Garrett" thread.

I honestly think for this offense to have any chance whatsoever, Garrett has to relieve Linehan of playcalling duties. The offense clearly needs a spark, and it's just not happening with Linehan.

Garrett needs to be coaching this season like his job's on the line, and he can't let Linehan write the end of his story in Dallas.

It may end up meaning nothing, but it's what a coach on the hot seat would do given what we've seen this year from this comatose offense.

When your QB has 60 yards at halftime, there's more wrong than just poor QB play.

I cam be a smart *** and rather unflinching in my ability to call people names and be rude. But, with the most respect possible, :Have you lost your ever lovin' mind?"

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Garrett calling plays?

giphy.gif

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People's memories must be short, JG was even worse. Linehan is bad, it's so bad that people want JG to call plays, that's really, really bad.
Thank you. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Garrett's play-calling was so excruciatingly predictable (even more than it is now). First down was always a pass (incomplete), followed by another pass (incomplete), and then finished it off with a run for 3 yards. It took a saavy QB like Romo and very good receiving threats to make that work.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Why would JG take over play calling?

He was never particularly good at it which is why Jones finally forced him to give it up.

Because his job is on the line, and his offense stinks. It's that simple.

He needs to fire every arrow in the quiver so that there are no excuse to be made at the end of the year.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Do you remember how much people complained and lobbied for him to give up play calling? The "fix" was for him to be a walk around coach.

I think you're missing the point.

It's not about Garrett having the magic pill, it's about Garrett not have any excuses at the end of the year.

Unless he just wants to sit there and watch it all burn around him. Taking control of the ship is what a HC needs to do in this situation, whether he's worth a damn or not.

You don't like the copilot crash the plane, you take control even if you're going to end up crashing the damn thing yourself.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Stephen is the real HC and he told them earlier in the week he didnt want the rpo plays and dak running the ball.
he said it on the radio, it was here in the fan zone, so what we saw today was them not using what worked last week,
because they dont want to make stevie mad.

There is no other reason they would just stop after last week, they are dumb , but not that dumb.
JG coaches not to win but to keep stephen and jerry happy and keep his job, he will do whatever he is told.
Linehan has to do what he is told too or look for another job.

Now me I would have used rpo, and ran dak about 20 times, and if they want to fire me then fire me,
but these 2 will just say yes sir boss.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

I honestly think for this offense to have any chance whatsoever, Garrett has to relieve Linehan of playcalling duties. The offense clearly needs a spark, and it's just not happening with Linehan.

Garrett needs to be coaching this season like his job's on the line, and he can't let Linehan write the end of his story in Dallas.

It may end up meaning nothing, but it's what a coach on the hot seat would do given what we've seen this year from this comatose offense.

When your QB has 60 yards at halftime, there's more wrong than just poor QB play.
JG cant relieve Linehan or fire him lol, he doesnt have the power, only the jones boys, who are the real HC of this team.
JG just does what he is told and is well compensated for it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett wants no part of this offense, look for Kellen calling plays mid-season.......that is two built-in excuses to keep his job :lmao2:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll say this for 1000th time. It’s the PLAYBOOK, not the play calling. Actually it’s both but we go NOWHERE until Garrett and his 90’s idealism is gone. It’s really that simple.

lukin2006

Reaction score
During the Sunday night broadcast, it was mentioned that part of the New England culture is they practice hard so they can be the toughest team on the field, they would rather chance injury in practice to become the toughest team ... there is the huge difference between us and ever being great again ... JG coaches in pre-season and practice not to suffer injuries, but we have a soft team.

CWR

Reaction score
Garrett was so bad at playcalling he had it taken away from him. The only thing that needs to be done is send Garrett and Linehan packing

It wasnt that he was so bad at play calling it was the fact he became so focused on it his game management suffered. He cant be expected to chew gum and walk at the same time now can he?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'd fire Linehan if I was Garrett and take over the play calling duties myself. That way, if Jerry fired me I'd know is was for the decisions I made and not someone else......could be a ploy by Linehan and Moore to get rid of Garrett.

That is the very reason JG won't take on play calling, he still needs a scapegoat.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Exactly, the line can't block blame Prescott, wide receivers can't get open blame Prescott, play calling questionable blame Prescott. At this point doesn't
matter who the QB!

As Troy said, can't hit a simple curl in the 4th quarter when the D is giving that up, blame Prescott.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Stephen is the real HC and he told them earlier in the week he didnt want the rpo plays and dak running the ball.
he said it on the radio, it was here in the fan zone, so what we saw today was them not using what worked last week,
because they dont want to make stevie mad.

There is no other reason they would just stop after last week, they are dumb , but not that dumb.
JG coaches not to win but to keep stephen and jerry happy and keep his job, he will do whatever he is told.
Linehan has to do what he is told too or look for another job.

Now me I would have used rpo, and ran dak about 20 times, and if they want to fire me then fire me,
but these 2 will just say yes sir boss.

Very good point!

visionary

Reaction score

:lmao2:The moron who had to give up play calling because it was so bad should now take it back?

Wow just wow :facepalm:

When will people learn? Garrett is garbage

lostar2009

Reaction score
This team needs to execute better for one and stop making bone head mistakes. There was to be made against the Panthers and Zeke help blow the Seahawks game.