Garrett - Old man at bar says

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We may get to see firsthand how right I am. Let’s let it play out. Just remember there were people saying the same silly things five years ago, before Garrett’s last long extension. Maybe we can look and see what’s happened to Jerry’s net worth over that time as some sort of barometer.

I hope that we don’t get to see it. Garrett sticking around would be very sad.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We may get to see firsthand how right I am. Let’s let it play out. Just remember there were people saying the same silly things five years ago, before Garrett’s last long extension. Maybe we can look and see what’s happened to Jerry’s net worth over that time as some sort of barometer.

I get that Jerry is a big issue. I get that him making money is a priority to him. So I agree on what you are saying. I don't get your allegiance to JG though. I did for a bit but I have yet to see in all these years where what he has brought to the table has done anything great for us. I just don't. In fact I'd say that this season is showing many things we discussed years ago with Romo teams...slow starts, not adjusting etc. That isn't a cut at you, as you know. I just don't get it unless what you are saying is no matter what happens with Garrett, Jerry will still ruin a new guy. Could be true but doesn't mean JG is a good coach.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I'm not putting this on you only because I've seen this multiple times but I don't get the "agenda" talk. I'd bet less than 1% here would rather be right about JG than see a SB. The issue is we have an owner with such a low bar for a coach that its tough to bear. If playoffs isn't in the conditions, then it's just hard to stomach in general. I also don't buy what the old man said because Jerry said being #1 overall is what is important right now.

Oh I completely disagree with the notion that less than 1% would rather be wrong about Garrett and win a SB. I would bet if you put a poll up, 90% of posters on this board would rather lose out the rest of the year than win a SB if it meant they finally get their wish and Garrett is fired.

Garrett, while not a GREAT coach has been a good coach. He has his flaws, no doubt about it and it may very well be time to move on, 9-10 years with one club is rare and is rare for a reason, teams need new blood and a new voice every so often. But almost every poster in here would rather chop off their arm than to give any credit to Garrett for anything.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I don’t apologize fir Jason Garret. I just point out that his record is what it is. The fact is that I think its really obvious the issues that keep us from advancing are elsewhere in the organization. It’s frustrating sometimes to see that get lip service but not really stick for most people.
I would give you a like if I could, but i can't, so I won't.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Oh I completely disagree with the notion that less than 1% would rather be wrong about Garrett and win a SB. I would bet if you put a poll up, 90% of posters on this board would rather lose out the rest of the year than win a SB if it meant they finally get their wish and Garrett is fired.

Garrett, while not a GREAT coach has been a good coach. He has his flaws, no doubt about it and it may very well be time to move on, 9-10 years with one club is rare and is rare for a reason, teams need new blood and a new voice every so often. But almost every poster in here would rather chop off their arm than to give any credit to Garrett for anything.

OK. I think you are dead right on a lot of things in this post and I can't stand Garrett but I like winning SBs too

visionary

Reaction score

yes, and since then Garrett’s Cowboys have gone on to win the NFC and the SB

yep, you’re right

:lmao2::lmao::facepalm:

tico

Reaction score
The fan base will revolt if they sign Garrett. I am sure of this. Jerry is not a stupid man, he sees this. He has lied before. Probably told him that to inspire him.

I will say this...if Garrett is signed I may be gone. Not going to another team but I will completely check out until the thing burns down. Which it will.

Yes I feel the same way, as hard as it is I would check out until he is gone. I would not watch a game, go to games, training camp, or buy anything with the logo on it. I remember I used to yell at throw stuff when we lost. Now I just chuckle, it's not fun watching anymore! I would just focus more on the Yankees & Warriors....

exciter

Reaction score
This old man that goes to the local bar has long talked about his contacts with the Cowboys and says he personally knows Garrett. His stories are believable over the years as they are correct many times. I should add that he is not a drunk, usually has no more that two beers, while I have as many as I can fit down my neck.

Anyway, tonight we are talking Cowboys and he told me he has it on good authority that Jerry told Garrett that if he wins out he will get a new contract. He said winning in the playoffs would not be a condition.

The old guys knows I hate Garrett, we have discussed that for a few years and he understands why the fans are sick of him. But, he says he knows him and he backs him all the way.

If this is true it goes to show that Jerry really is not interested in winning big, but only interested in keeping his organization as is. As long as the Cowboys have a winning record and seemingly have a chance Jerry is happy. It is all about the fans deep pockets.
And this is why you don't give alot of credence to old drunks at the bar!

cern

Reaction score
You hope for a lot of things that aren’t going to happen. We’ll just add this one to the list.

FWIW, I do really appreciate all you little people who struggle so much with accepting the fact that I don’t agree with you about this coach. The squirming makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable for me.
"Little people " how dismissive of you.

heir

Reaction score
This old man that goes to the local bar has long talked about his contacts with the Cowboys and says he personally knows Garrett. His stories are believable over the years as they are correct many times. I should add that he is not a drunk, usually has no more that two beers, while I have as many as I can fit down my neck.

Anyway, tonight we are talking Cowboys and he told me he has it on good authority that Jerry told Garrett that if he wins out he will get a new contract. He said winning in the playoffs would not be a condition.

The old guys knows I hate Garrett, we have discussed that for a few years and he understands why the fans are sick of him. But, he says he knows him and he backs him all the way.

If this is true it goes to show that Jerry really is not interested in winning big, but only interested in keeping his organization as is. As long as the Cowboys have a winning record and seemingly have a chance Jerry is happy. It is all about the fans deep pockets.
Question. Wins out as in the last 4 games or wins out as in the SB?

Sydla

Reaction score
You hope for a lot of things that aren’t going to happen. We’ll just add this one to the list.

FWIW, I do really appreciate all you little people who struggle so much with accepting the fact that I don’t agree with you about this coach. The squirming makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable for me.

I accept that you don't agree with the coach.

I have always been curious if there is ever a point where you will just admit to yourself, "you know what, I was totally wrong about this guy. He's just an average head coach..........."

I know you've said if they miss the playoffs this year they need to make a change but I think you'd still think Garrett is some really good coach just hurt by the circumstances here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And old man was in the bar, when in walks a priest, a rabbi and a preacher …. or was it a blond, a brunette and a redhead?