Garrett - Old man at bar says

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't believe half of what Jerry says -- neither do I believe half of what some old guy in a bar claims to be true. We won't know what to believe until this season plays out and Jerry either keeps this staff intact or doesn't. I'm far from satisfied with the way this team and its leadership is content to keep their status stagnant. Garrett's had 10 years to turn this ship around. Jerry's had far more. It's well past time for sweeping changes to take place. It's more than obvious by now that Jerry cares far more about himself than the fans. This team needs to lose out far more than it needs to win out, just to convince Jerry and his son to do the right thing and rid itself of Garrett and the rest of the dead wood on the team.

Last edited:

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Like JJ goes to the store and buys his own liquor. The man's a billionaire, he has orders delivered to his house, if he doesn't have somebody order it for him.

Get real...

I agree with you but consider that Kraft went to a strip mall for sex, so anything is possible.

<Patron> 'Any Johnnie Walker Blue?'
<Liquor Store Guy> 'Look bud, i serve hard drinks to men that want to get drunk quickly, now what do you want?'
<Patron> 'Ok, give me a six pack of Bud. I'm thinking i might have to fire my coach even though i kind of like the guy, you know.'
<LSG> 'Well, maybe keep him if he wins the rest of his games, just a thought.'
<Patron> 'Yeah maybe, i'll think about it, thanks for the beer, keep the change.'

Could happen.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I agree with you but consider that Kraft went to a strip mall for sex, so anything is possible.

<Patron> 'Any Johnnie Walker Blue?'
<Liquor Store Guy> 'Look bud, i serve hard drinks to men that want to get drunk quickly, now what do you want?'
<Patron> 'Ok, give me a six pack of Bud. I'm thinking i might have to fire my coach even though i kind of like the guy, you know.'
<LSG> 'Well, maybe keep him if he wins the rest of his games, just a thought.'
<Patron> 'Yeah maybe, i'll think about it, thanks for the beer, keep the change.'

Could happen.

Sure, anythings possible, but I seriously doubt it...

Reaction score
This old man that goes to the local bar has long talked about his contacts with the Cowboys and says he personally knows Garrett. His stories are believable over the years as they are correct many times. I should add that he is not a drunk, usually has no more that two beers, while I have as many as I can fit down my neck.

Anyway, tonight we are talking Cowboys and he told me he has it on good authority that Jerry told Garrett that if he wins out he will get a new contract. He said winning in the playoffs would not be a condition.

The old guys knows I hate Garrett, we have discussed that for a few years and he understands why the fans are sick of him. But, he says he knows him and he backs him all the way.

If this is true it goes to show that Jerry really is not interested in winning big, but only interested in keeping his organization as is. As long as the Cowboys have a winning record and seemingly have a chance Jerry is happy. It is all about the fans deep pockets.
This story makes me want to cheer for the Bears tonight.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If Jerry was going to extend Garrett for a winning record he would have done so at 3-0.
This season was always about playoff success and again I am not that certain Garrett wants an extension.

He could return to the northeast with a far more pleasurable job.
This is a thankless job unless you are winning Super Bowls.

Reaction score
The fan base will revolt if they sign Garrett. I am sure of this. Jerry is not a stupid man, he sees this. He has lied before. Probably told him that to inspire him.

I will say this...if Garrett is signed I may be gone. Not going to another team but I will completely check out until the thing burns down. Which it will.
I was thinking very much the same thing.

A Garrett extension will have me seriously thinking about checking out.

I live in Canada. So for me to watch the Thanksgiving game I have to take the afternoon off work. I did it for years and years.

I didn't this year. I decided I would rather work. And I'm glad I did. Never saw that mess against Buffalo. I don't think I'll be watching tonight either. I have a room I am going to paint tomorrow and I will prep it tonight.

I don't have to do it tonight. But I'd rather do that than watch these guys play.

That's where I am. I can't watch another year of this underachieving nonsense.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I'm serious, this guy is not a bullchitter. We'll see what happens. I believe for sure that if the Boys do not get to at least the NFC championship game, Garrett is gone. But according to the old man, all he has to do is win out.
Maybe he meant... win out to the SuperBowl??? :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That Garrett apologists are Morons???? Hmmmm

Oh, I don’t apologize fir Jason Garret. I just point out that his record is what it is. The fact is that I think its really obvious the issues that keep us from advancing are elsewhere in the organization. It’s frustrating sometimes to see that get lip service but not really stick for most people.

cern

Reaction score
i'm not buying into the veracity of this story. I was born at night. but not last night.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That’s irrelevant. I’m not going to blame coaching when the real problems obviously rely elsewhere, but it doesn’t change the fact that the Cowboys are go to continue to grow value regardless if who the coach is. You’re fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

It is not irrelevant at all. Bias drives you. It’s ok. I am biased about some stuff too.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
the fan base is full of morons (the blind Garrett apologists) and cowboy addicts (like us) and Jerry knows that

we ain’t going anywhere

True. But I am at my whits end. I used to be a big NBA fan. Big Knicks fan. I have not followed them and watched a game in 10 years. I could easily do the same with the NFL. I love hockey so there is plenty to keep my fandom stoked this time of year.

zerofill

Reaction score
If I personally knew Garrett, I wouldn't speak to him anymore... After some of the crap he has let be called in just this season alone.

zerofill

Reaction score
This old man that goes to the local bar has long talked about his contacts with the Cowboys and says he personally knows Garrett. His stories are believable over the years as they are correct many times. I should add that he is not a drunk, usually has no more that two beers, while I have as many as I can fit down my neck.

Anyway, tonight we are talking Cowboys and he told me he has it on good authority that Jerry told Garrett that if he wins out he will get a new contract. He said winning in the playoffs would not be a condition.

The old guys knows I hate Garrett, we have discussed that for a few years and he understands why the fans are sick of him. But, he says he knows him and he backs him all the way.

If this is true it goes to show that Jerry really is not interested in winning big, but only interested in keeping his organization as is. As long as the Cowboys have a winning record and seemingly have a chance Jerry is happy. It is all about the fans deep pockets.

Although since you are drunk, are you sure he said Garrett, and not he has a pet Ferret or something like that? They sound really familiar, especially when inebriated.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Does he work at a liquor store?

Sydla

Reaction score
If they win out, lose in the first round (which would be a home game mind you) and they bring Garrett back............. I might be done.

At least in terms of investing tons of time in watching them and participating on this site. I'll still follow the team but invest less time into it.

cern

Reaction score
the fan base is full of morons (the blind Garrett apologists) and cowboy addicts (like us) and Jerry knows that

we ain’t going anywhere
wouldn't it be nicer to call them garrett apologists and cowboy addicts as opposed to morons. there's just no excuse for bad manners.:)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well, I’m hoping you will follow Garrett to his new job at the Giants, and that’s another thing we can agree on

You hope for a lot of things that aren’t going to happen. We’ll just add this one to the list.

FWIW, I do really appreciate all you little people who struggle so much with accepting the fact that I don’t agree with you about this coach. The squirming makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable for me.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is not irrelevant at all. Bias drives you. It’s ok. I am biased about some stuff too.

We may get to see firsthand how right I am. Let’s let it play out. Just remember there were people saying the same silly things five years ago, before Garrett’s last long extension. Maybe we can look and see what’s happened to Jerry’s net worth over that time as some sort of barometer.