Twitter: Garrett PC and Practice Tweets - 09/19/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett PC Tweets
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 17m
Would #Cowboys go to Dez Bryant 20-25 times in a game? Jason Garrett: "I think if the opportunities present themselves..."
Jason Garrett: "We know the importance of Dez Bryant in our offense and we'll keep trying to give him chances." #Cowboys

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 38m
Garrett said the Cowboys offense needs to dictate to the defense not let the defense dictate to them
Garrett said the Cowboys need to run the ball even if the d is set to stop the run; contradicting Romo said he just takes what d give u
Garrett just said Dan Bailey and Chris Jones embarrassed the qbs in conditioning..forced them to run with RBs and WR...better than romo?

Practice Tweets
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 4m
Anthony Spencer at practice with a brace on left knee.
DeMarcus Ware also at practice today.
Ernie Sims is here at practice but looks like he'll do rehab work again.
Dez Bryant with the rehab guys at start of open media period for practice.
Brian Waters still with 2-team at RG.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 1m
Will Allen's starting tenure lasts 2 weeks? RT @cbs11swd: Buckeye benched? JJ Wilcox doing early stuff w the ones. #dfwsp

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 3m
Dez Bryant looking at rehab work with assistant strength coach Brett Bech. LB Ernie Sims also doing rehab work for his groin
Gingerly might be a good way to describe Dez Bryant's moving today.
Morris Claiborne with some impressive work in one on one drills today

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 1m
Dez running a little off to the side .. But he certainly looks like a guy with a bad back today

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 24s
Practice. Exercise room is empty. Dez and Sims are dressed and on the field, rehabbing on the side. Spencer is practicing.
1 on 1 time. Not the same without Dez. Receivers winning big. Garrett: '8-3. It's a f'ng drubbing.'
Williams toasted Webb to the back pylon. Webb ran with him but no chance. Got mad. 'What the f--- am I supposed to do about that!'
Defense rallied. Offense won. Claiborne got like five wins. Carr couple nice ones. Williams, Witten dominate

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 53s
Dez running slow, catching passes from strength coach to test his back pic.twitter.com/yNYb6DJ9Ke
By looks of his rehab, Dez's back remains stiff

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2m
.@DezBryant watching other #cowboys practice = kid with sad face pressed against window of closed candy store. @1053thefan

David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN 1m
Morris Claiborne tells himself over & over in practice that his dislocated shoulder no longer hurts. "A couple of times I believed myself."

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 1m
Mind over matter: Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne tells himself dislocated shoulder no longer hurts: Cornerback Mo... http://******/18d7Ryw

Last edited:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Fwiw.

Bryan broaddus just said jj Wilcox will take over for will Allen this week.

I guess this is his speculation? But he is saying Wilcox is now a starter and will Allen is going to the bench.

Who knows the validity of what he says though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fwiw.

I guess this is his speculation? But he is saying Wilcox is now a starter and will Allen is going to the bench.

I was reading his twitter and he alluded to Wilcox taking over, but I didn't take it as him saying this week. Just that he was talented enough to do it. But maybe he elaborated later and that's what you saw.

This is what I saw...
knickscowboys ‏@knickscowboys 17h
@BryanBroaddus could Wilcox win starting role over Allen this season?

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 16h
@knickscowboys: Yes he could. Talented player. Getting better each day

MrPhil

Reaction score
Morris Claiborne tells himself over & over in practice that his dislocated shoulder no longer hurts. "A couple of times I believed myself."

That is some funny stuff right there.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I was reading his twitter and he alluded to Wilcox taking over, but I didn't take it as him saying this week. Just that he was talented enough to do it. But maybe he elaborated later and that's what you saw.

I didn't see the tweet but I am listening to talking cowboys and he just said it.

He added that the team is willing to live with mistakes because they feel he will be more aggressive and make some plays.

He says a lot of things though..so who knows

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

That is some funny stuff right there.
Mind over matter

Staubacher

Reaction score
Boy Clarence Hill really wants to stir Romo stuff up doesn't he? Sounds like a lot of posters here :)

As John Madden says winning is a good deodorant. We'll take care of biz Sunday and keep the wolves at bay for a week

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fwiw.

Ha! Just posted on twitter

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 1m
Will Allen's starting tenure lasts 2 weeks? RT @cbs11swd: Buckeye benched? JJ Wilcox doing early stuff w the ones. #dfwsp

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boy Clarence Hill really wants to stir Romo stuff up doesn't he? Sounds like a lot of posters here :)

As John Madden says winning is a good deodorant. We'll take care of biz Sunday and keep the wolves at bay for a week

You will have to excuse him. He is not a very bright guy.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Excited about JJ if true he will start. Allen dropping that pick on a KC scoring drive didn't help him. He's not terrible but Wilcox offers more speed, tackling and playmaking ability.

I'd also like to see more of "Hands" Holloman at LB soon

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see the tweet but I am listening to talking cowboys and he just said it.

He added that the team is willing to live with mistakes because they feel he will be more aggressive and make some plays.

He says a lot of things though..so who knows
Yeah, the tweet was from last night.. But it looks like there may be legs to it. So I guess we'll see for sure come Sunday.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, Woodster.

With Dez fighting back issues I wonder if we'll see Beasley active Sunday. Having a 5th WR and an underneath guy might be useful if Dez has to sit out plays. Just don't know what position goes short if we do that though.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Good call with Wilcox if that's what they choose to do. He's had a couple of weeks to watch and is probably caught up mentally given time lost due to passing of his mother. Allen did his job and now goes back to a reserve role where he should be. Hoping the kid lights it up.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I really dont mind JJ starting over Allen.

I freaking love it. The guy is going to bring a lot more attitude and aggression to the defense. Allen was supposed to come in and be a solid guy who didn't mess anything up, and that really hasn't been the case as he's made his share of bad plays.

When all is said and done, Wilcox might end up being a steal.

Titleist

Reaction score
I think the notion that seniority (Will Allen) should take precedence over "rawness" (JJ Wilcox) is stupid.

Put the player who gives us the best chance to win on the field!