Twitter: Garrett PC and Practice Tweets - 09/19/13

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I was big on allen when we got him and knew he'd start. Hes pretty good but I do wanna jj he has some abilities!

jblaze2004

Reaction score
yes alot more speed and power in the secondary. Hopefully not too much rookie mistakes but heck allen was making them anyways.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
yes alot more speed and power in the secondary. Hopefully not too much rookie mistakes but heck allen was making them anyways.
Exactly. The only reason to be starting Allen to begin with was the fact that they were worried about rookie mistakes. Allen has not been consistent enough, so there is no reason to hold back the rookie.

The fact that JJ is this close is a ringing endorsement for him, the secondary coaches, and the fact that the scheme is so easy to pickup. Wouldn't have happened last year, imo.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
"Garrett said the Cowboys need to run the ball even if the d is set to stop the run"

LOL, sorry buddy boy. I remember Hard Knocks, you ain't foolin anyone.

visionary

Reaction score
Garrett +Callahan = Andy Reid passing-happy offense on steroids

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
so Broaddus seems to think that the cowboys like the Wilcox / Cook matchup better than the Allen / Cook matchup. could be the main reason why Wilcox is starting and/or getting the majority of the snaps

Bryan Broaddus said:
These Cowboys safeties will have their hands full in coverage with tight end, Jared Cook who will line up all over the place in these Rams formations. I have seen him play as the inline “Y” and arc release up the field against the Cardinals, snatch the ball and head for the goal line with a burst of speed. Would be interested to see if these defensive coaches would try and match up against him more with size than speed. This could be a game where we see Barry Church or maybe even J.J. Wilcox, line up across from him then try and bang him down the field. Will Allen could cover but I don't believe is physical enough to handle the job.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...g-OT-Out/73f2a3b0-02fc-4108-a1cf-0ab1ea9b8c23

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Good to see Terrance Williams dominating practice. But the question is was it williams dominating or webb sucking? Where is Miles Austin? This guy was a beast (one year) and now look at him.

dstovall5

Reaction score
So about Dez's back, is it going to more of a problem then his ankle? Also, how much of a problem is his back going to be? Hopefully he won't be limited come Sunday, but it honestly doesn't sound too good.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good to see Terrance Williams dominating practice. But the question is was it williams dominating or webb sucking? Where is Miles Austin? This guy was a beast (one year) and now look at him.

My opinion is that Miles is a seasoned vet now. Fans/Media only care about the new kids on the block, not the guys who have been around awhile.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
So far, this is looking a great draft class. Pretty impressive that our first four picks should become major contributors.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
My opinion is that Miles is a seasoned vet now. Fans/Media only care about the new kids on the block, not the guys who have been around awhile.

they mentioned witten who is more of a vet. If miles was beasting I guaranteed we would know.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they mentioned witten who is more of a vet. If miles was beasting I guaranteed we would know.

I don't know.. Miles has been under the radar all offseason. He got a little love last week because KC was his breakout game. Other than that, he doesn't get mentioned.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
It's exciting to hear about Williams and Wilcox. I know some have been down on him, but I think Williams has a lot of potential and could become a valuable weapon for us this year.

dboyz

Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread after reviewing the game that there were some plays not being made by Will Allen and I questioned if they would consider J.J. Wilcox. On the very first drive by K.C. there were back to back plays that were critical. On one play Allen really should have had an interception. He got his hands on the ball and just did not finish the play. The next play (I think it was the next play) was the 3rd and 15 that they converted on a qb scramble. Allen had trouble getting off of a block to get to the QB. Likely a player like Wilcox would be more physical and could have gotten off of the block and stopped him short.

If he made the first play the Chiefs get zip on their first drive. If he makes the second play we hold them to a field goal. There were some other plays that I thought Allen could have reacted better as well. I'm hopeful that Wilcox at least is able to get some snaps and get more used to playing in the base defense.

Make no mistake about it, if Wilcox plays there will be mistakes made by him, but he also has a chance to make some big plays too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Fwiw.

Bryan broaddus just said jj Wilcox will take over for will Allen this week.

I guess this is his speculation? But he is saying Wilcox is now a starter and will Allen is going to the bench.

Who knows the validity of what he says though.

Wilcox was running with the 1s today at practice, fwiw.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I believe JJ was the one recognized the break-down during the NY game when Cruz scored and tried to come across the field to defend when Allen let him free.

Edit: maybe that was Webb