Garrett Rebuild 2.0

T-RO

Reaction score
The season hasn't started and the whining is building already. Is this practice whining?

It’s an art form around here.

Over the past four years the Boys have won nearly as many games as anyone in the NFC...and fans frame us as ‘rebuilding’?

So much of the thinking around here has the depth of a puddle and is so chronically pouty.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
can we just have a thread named jason garrett pinned and all other threads posts and rants just be merged into that one

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the most critical season in Garrett's career. Anything less than 8-8 probably gets him fired and I can't wait.

Anything short of a playoff win should get him fired, but your probably right. 8-8 with some tough injuries sprinkled in will be enough to keep this sh!t show going.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the most critical season in Garrett's career. Anything less than 8-8 probably gets him fired and I can't wait.
Anything less than at the very least a playoff win season, he should be fired. Other than the Cincinnati bungles, there isn’t another team in this league that would tolerate such mediocrity and lack of accomplishment after 7 full seasons.

I want Garrett to win because I’m a Cowboys fan. But when I take the fan glasses off, it’s clear this organization does not use excellence as it’s North Star. Maybe Stephen is upping the pressure. If so, it’s past due.

cern

Reaction score

Over the past four years the Boys have won nearly as many games as anyone in the NFC...and fans frame us as ‘rebuilding’?

So much of the thinking around here has the depth of a puddle and is so chronically pouty.
the size of a ripple in the ocean into which a bb was cast.

tico

Reaction score
I think Stephan Jones is exerting more pressure on process and teas leaves are there to be read. It looks to me like Stephen is half way to moving on from Garrett but will give him one more shot at it. Garrett guys being removed from roster at rapid pace.
Twilly needs to gog another Garrett guy! I think Daddy Jones said to give it 1 yr more & it'll be Stephen's way in 2019

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

The team even has a wild card win in the past 4 years so I don’t get the complaining. We should wait until year 7 without a wild card win before the complaints resurface. Damn whiners aren’t grateful for anything.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The team even has a wild card win in the past 4 years so I don’t get the complaining. We should wait until year 7 without a wild card win before the complaints resurface. Damn whiners aren’t grateful for anything.
I thought some posters on Facebook were bad? Sheesh.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
When blame is looking for a place to land, Garrett is like Teflon, blame just slides off. He's not responsible for anything that goes wrong. Ever.

THIS ^

I enjoy watching the Garrett bots spin making the playoffs TWICE in 9 years of the Garrett era.

Not making it the division championship EVER .

Having a 1-2 or 33% winning percentage in the playoff games, again MAKING IT JUST TWICE IN 9 YEARS.

Number1

Reaction score
JG ain't the issue, it's JJ and whine all we like ,,, that's what that is

as for this rebuild - it helps they look to have hit big with the first 4 picks

then they keep 4 nondescript TEs on a team that wants to go deep more often ... that was not likely JGs call, a tactical move no doubt

IMO, from the play I've seen Woods and Ross bring a level of intensity inside we haven't seen inside in years, Along with Thomas ... good FAs on D

4 things I'd do tomorrow they probably won't

- sign Eric Reid, other than Thomas he's by far the best DB available
- sign Jonathan Cooper, which they should have done any way (if healthy), he can play OC/OG at a high level in this system
- get real and cut a TE and use the spot to sign a real swing OT
- put Jones on IR and resign Ward

the more I look at this team the more I think Austin and Hurns have to have huge years - if this OL gets Dak time this will be a hard team to beat

waving monkey

Reaction score
the team has a ...bla bla ad nauseam

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
THIS ^

I enjoy watching the Garrett bots spin making the playoffs TWICE in 9 years of the Garrett era.

Not making it the division championship EVER .

Having a 1-2 or 33% winning percentage in the playoff games, again MAKING IT JUST TWICE IN 9 YEARS.
Just making the playoffs satisfy some people. I want more. Haven't been to an NFCCG since 1996. Get there and I'll lay off him. And maybe if he quits losing playoff games because of awful clock management.