Garrett: The Cowboys aren't a physical team

bewp7

Reaction score
o yeah!?!!

well they are also mentally weak and dumb and undiscipline on top of being soft

remember tho only jerry can do this so thank jerry for this soft stupid overpaid roster

slick325

Reaction score

Former Cowboys coach Jason Garrett on @SNFonNBC on the Cowboys: “They’re not a physical football team. Everyone understands this about the Cowboys now. You have to go in there and run the ball. The last two years they were dominant at home. I think teams have found the formula. Run the ball, get ahead, and that’s what silences that pass rush. The Ravens controlled most of this ballgame because they handed it off and dominated the line of scrimmage.”

Yep!

Surfguy

Reaction score
You joke, but Jerruh likes his guys, losers he feels comfortable with, that is the only rule with his coaches.
Seems like kind of the nepo problem when Jerry says he "likes his guys". He's liking them for the wrong reasons. The question is why is he liking them because if the answer is "football ability"...then he's not being honest with himself in a lot of those cases imo. Maybe some of that is just from watching the team practice against itself where you're only as good as who you practice against? This can give a false sense of where the team is at overall...because you're only seeing your speed or lack thereof.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I remember when Wade Phillips was complaining about the lack of running the ball and wanted to bring in Dan Reeves to fix it.. but Garrett cried to daddy Jerry
You're forgetting the best part of that story.

Jerry and Stephen didn't want to pay Reeves's asking price; they felt a consultant was not worth that. They wanted Reeves to "clock in and out" each day so they would be getting their money's worth.

Reeves said no chance.

Zman5

Reaction score
jason-garrett-smile.gif

Trajan

Reaction score
Seems like kind of the nepo problem when Jerry says he "likes his guys". He's liking them for the wrong reasons. The question is why is he liking them because if the answer is "football ability"...then he's not being honest with himself in a lot of those cases imo. Maybe some of that is just from watching the team practice against itself where you're only as good as who you practice against? This can give a false sense of where the team is at overall...because you're only seeing your speed or lack thereof.
I think he really wants to be known as a "football guy", but he just isn't. He hated having a Jimmy or Parcells here, real football guys who knew how to draft and build a team, it undercuts him. He would rather lose and have coaches who kiss his ***, than real guys who are honest with his decisions.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Garrett finally understands what plagued his teams too?
Run defense has been a consistent issue since Parcells left, but this year it's alarmingly bad. One thing I'll give Garrett, he knew how important the run game is, and usually had a strong rushing attack. I'd imagine that had alot to do with Romo and Dak's success. McCarthy's system relies heavily on strong, consistent QB play, and puts alot of pressure on the QB to carry the offense.

While you may accumulate stats and put up points, you aren't going to wear anyone down and impose your will. I think Garrett has earned the right to say what he said. His lack of creativity was his undoing. I appreciated his "square up and beat the guy in front of you" mentality. His offense was dated by the time he was done, and he had difficulty in adjusting to stronger defenses....but his offenses had no fear of hitting a defense in the mouth. Haven't really seen that under McCarthy.

bigE79

Reaction score

Former Cowboys coach Jason Garrett on @SNFonNBC on the Cowboys: “They’re not a physical football team. Everyone understands this about the Cowboys now. You have to go in there and run the ball. The last two years they were dominant at home. I think teams have found the formula. Run the ball, get ahead, and that’s what silences that pass rush. The Ravens controlled most of this ballgame because they handed it off and dominated the line of scrimmage.”

Like it or not,he ain't wrong.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Shut up Garrett. Should’ve went back to Romo like any real coach who knew what he was doing would’ve and the team wouldn’t be in this situation nine years later.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
People clowning on Garrett but I remember his teams could run the ball and I don’t remember them being historically gashed like this game after game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We lost our defensive mojo by prioritizing the acquisition of finesse guys like Mazi, Diggs and Micah. We even rewarded Jaylon Smith and his comically obvious attempts to avoid contact. This team is oblivious to soft players. It likes flash.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

What's really sad it the fact that all the defensive coaches knew that Balt was going to run the ball and our lousy spineless defense still couldn't stop it. Just slammed it down their throat, fricking sad. Heads need to roll...............

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Study San fran. You have to block to play.little runs 4.5 and can put up Leicester numbers. He's arguably the best blocking t e in the league. Serbia a great blocker. Its a culture thing.