Garrett's Last Ride

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Richard has not been a good Coordinator. Absolutely gives us no indication hed be better than Garrett.

But there's *every* indication that Garrett won't be better than he has been. At least there's a possibility that Richard would be better.

But I'm not hepped up on Richard either. I'd go with Boy Genius II over them all.

Garrett sucks as a HC. Marinelli sucks as a HC. Richard looks meh. Boy Genius II may have something. Let's see what he can do.

Reaction score
Yah... this thread is more of a “hope so” thread and a possible way fwd out of this mess to make lemonade out of lemons

JJ is going out of his way to do more than just give JG a vote of confidence... it’s just sad how JJ continues down this path.

There is a psychological principle that basically says that once a person has pursued an erroneous way long enough— they continue down that path and justify it because to admit they were wrong and then try to go back and correct the error causes too much upheaval and dissonance.

That sadly seems true here with JJ and his belief in JG. Instead of admitting he made a bad hire 10 years ago and was wrong— JJ compounds his error by continuing to do the same thing and expect different results.

His worst fear is that he would fire JG and then he would get hired and win a SB elsewhere— this the continual justification and narrative that owners would be “lining up to hire Jason.”

We have been in a death spiral for 23 years— BP started to get us out of it but was too tired to finish the job. I am losing hope as a fan
Clearly, Jerry watching Sean Payton going to NO and succeeding there still gives him nightmares.

johneric8

Reaction score
Richard has not been a good Coordinator. Absolutely gives us no indication hed be better than Garrett.

Lets look at it objectively. Richard was great last year in his role getting the Db's to play better, and guess what, they still are playing better than they did before he came. You have to remember Garrett and his process should of been fired after the Ram's debacle last year so the fact that Garrett came back probably against everyone's wishes except Jerry make the margin of error very thin.

Now that the team is floundering with no real direction the cracks are starting to really fray. The old stale defensive that Marinelli likes to call doesn't work in todays NFL or with limited chess pieces. With the dline playing like they are it has a very negative effect on the linebackers and defensive backs.

The issue obviously starts with Garrett, because he is very taught on his puppet strings, but Kris Richard is a different type of coach and one the players would at least respond to.... This is a mess but can be fixed quickly by getting rid of the root of the problem and that is the absolute lame duck pansy coach that represents our team.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:laugh:taught them what? How to get torched by a Jets passing game that struggles against air?

Garrett, Richard, the whole lot of them should be sent packing.
Obviously you haven't truly been paying attention. How bad we were before he got here. At least we know what to do we might not have the talent to do it. Do you ever take a consider that option so take that in your little Smiley figure and you know what you can do with it. Seriously it saddens me how people think

CB61

Reaction score
He's a top coach that would be highly sought after.............even belichick would be in danger of losing his job if Garrett became available.
Well Ron you know what they say you can't fix stupid ! And that's exactly what I would be saying to the team that hired him

CB61

Reaction score
Yep.

And remember— JJ made his millions in oil and “wildcattin” lol

He just swears there is oil in Garrett and believes eventually he will strike gold with him.
Just helps to confirm more solidly my belief that Jerry is on drugs

CB61

Reaction score
This team has finally taken on the demeanor of it's HC. No emotion. Flat. Uninspiring delivery. The talking points already mapped out before the media asks it's first question after another disappointing performance. Garrett refuses to accept responsibility-- why should any of his players?

The Eagle's HC guarantees a win to inspire his team-- JG keeps talking about getting a little bit better every day. Now-- they did come back from 3-5 last year-- so maybe they are circling the wagons internally and have a buzzsaw waiting for Philly on Sun night-- but I won't hold my breath. Man-- I just want a HC who has some balls and stands up for the franchise he represents. There are a lot of viable responses he could have given in response to Pedersen-- but the milk-toast, nice-guy schtick is literally the worst one IMO. Garrett may be a "motivator"-- but he falls far short of being a warrior. That is what this team needs right now-- some fire and passion-- someone to throw some tables and lockers around and not explain himself in trite little platitudes.

If this team comes out and lays an egg again with the division on the line-- then Garrett is done. He is already a lame duck coach and the players are simply not responding to him during games. The franchise will need a shakeup in order to have any shot of regaining it's competitive spirit.

Firing Garrett at the bye week and rolling with Richard as the interim HC does two things:

1. Holds JG accountable and gives the team a chance to come out of it's death spiral

2. Determine whether or not Richard is a capable HC to consider in the offseason.
Thank you that's what I've been pretty much trying to say but you said it much better no matter whether the problem lies solely with Jason Garrett or not he is responsible from the top to the bottom that's why they call him the HEAD coach !!! Now with that being said it cannot be easy with Jerry Jones who knows probably nothing about the game of football ( figuratively speaking ) that's got to be a losing situation before you even step into it. Minus the Jimmy Johnson years

Aven8

Reaction score
All I know is the offense changed going into NO’s and it hasn’t changed since. This is JG. I have NO doubt in my mind. Jerry said he wanted Moore to have full control but JG has taken it back. It’s so obvious. Dak isn’t allowed to kill the plays either. Running into 8 man boxes and sweeps on 3rd and 11. What a joke!

CoachD

Reaction score
How does garrett still have a job in Dallas he should have been fired at half time of Sunday's game and although I don't think that Richard should be the head coach he the only guy I see on the staff that could be named interim head coach because I think he needs to go as well and he can take Marinelli with him!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This team has finally taken on the demeanor of it's HC. No emotion. Flat. Uninspiring delivery. The talking points already mapped out before the media asks it's first question after another disappointing performance. Garrett refuses to accept responsibility-- why should any of his players?

The Eagle's HC guarantees a win to inspire his team-- JG keeps talking about getting a little bit better every day. Now-- they did come back from 3-5 last year-- so maybe they are circling the wagons internally and have a buzzsaw waiting for Philly on Sun night-- but I won't hold my breath. Man-- I just want a HC who has some balls and stands up for the franchise he represents. There are a lot of viable responses he could have given in response to Pedersen-- but the milk-toast, nice-guy schtick is literally the worst one IMO. Garrett may be a "motivator"-- but he falls far short of being a warrior. That is what this team needs right now-- some fire and passion-- someone to throw some tables and lockers around and not explain himself in trite little platitudes.

If this team comes out and lays an egg again with the division on the line-- then Garrett is done. He is already a lame duck coach and the players are simply not responding to him during games. The franchise will need a shakeup in order to have any shot of regaining it's competitive spirit.

Firing Garrett at the bye week and rolling with Richard as the interim HC does two things:

1. Holds JG accountable and gives the team a chance to come out of it's death spiral

2. Determine whether or not Richard is a capable HC to consider in the offseason.
Just because we the fans don't see Garrett being so "emotional" in front of the cameras doesn't mean he is not fiery towards the team behind closed doors.

You guys need to remember that this is not WWE -- Fake Wrestling. This is real.

The Eagles head coach is a big mouth in front of the cameras, and suddenly he is great and what we need??? Didn't the Eagles lose this past Sunday...... badly? Actually, haven't they lost 2 in a row? Who in the heck wants a camera big mouth loudmouth coach who actually doesn't inspire his own team to wins?

Careful what you guys ask for. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Obviously you haven't truly been paying attention. How bad we were before he got here. At least we know what to do we might not have the talent to do it. Do you ever take a consider that option so take that in your little Smiley figure and you know what you can do with it. Seriously it saddens me how people think

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

3 straight losses with the secondary getting totally dominated the last 2 call your post complete nonsense.

waldoputty

Reaction score
hey garrett, clock is ticking
come on in so we can pour dirt on u while u r still kicking

An-illustration-showing-a-pendulum-clock-in-the-process-of-digging-a-grave-5.png

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not Richards fault he is being handicapped with the "bend don't break" principal of Rod. He has NO boom players on this team, Heath?? IS he the next coming of a SS/FS that lowers the boom on anyone but himself falling across the turf from running yet another bad angle? Name just one D player that has opposing teams scheming away from him? Lewis isn't on the field, because of clap. Heard that one today on hangn with the boys. One thing Richard does have, is spunk and spirit, and pretty sure he doesn't PC the players with loving flowers and unicorns BS. But like more then one on this team he is being hampered with decisions being made above him. I'm pretty damn sure, clap is doing the same crap to Moore....

lol.....

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope Garrett sticks around for another 5 or 10 years. I don't have to go back to giving a crap if we win. Now it's great, don't care and get to watch the game without blinders on. I see both teams.