Garrett's strengths

Fire407

Reaction score
Jason is really good at holding up one finger after a TD. If we need to go for 2 then he just holds up the game and tells the officials that he changed his mind.

ShortRound

Reaction score
NCt8Y6q.gif

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
To me it appears he is staying because of his vision for the team.

JJ has bought into Garrett's philosophy. He likes the idea of RKG. He likes the idea of a blue collar lunch pail type of team.

He likes Garrett for continuing to get his players to buy in and fight. He likes the way Garrett handles Monday-Saturday. He likes Garrett's input on roster talent and acquisitions.

JJ also likes the fact Garrett knows his place and listens to his GM/Owner. We've heard things from JJ that we've seen Garrett carry over in to games. Such as going for it on 4th down post Houston. JJ wanted to make Garrett a walk around head coach and put Xs and Os in someone elses hands. He gave Garrett a choice on who that someone is/was.

It now appears this will be a "collaborative" decision. I think JJ/SJ recognized Linehan doesn't fit and its time to update our offensive identity to fit Dak and Zeke. Romo is gone, the players are different and the offense needs to change because of it.

I am expecting an offense more suited to Dak. FWIW this is my read on why Garret is still here. I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with any of the above, its simply what I believe. That and the fact winning the division 2 out of the last 3 years, having an extremely young roster and a healthy cap have all led JJ to retaining Garrett. Your thoughts and condescension are welcome.

Garrett is staying because he is Jerry's pet poodle.

coult44

Reaction score
To me it appears he is staying because of his vision for the team.

JJ has bought into Garrett's philosophy. He likes the idea of RKG. He likes the idea of a blue collar lunch pail type of team.

He likes Garrett for continuing to get his players to buy in and fight. He likes the way Garrett handles Monday-Saturday. He likes Garrett's input on roster talent and acquisitions.

JJ also likes the fact Garrett knows his place and listens to his GM/Owner. We've heard things from JJ that we've seen Garrett carry over in to games. Such as going for it on 4th down post Houston. JJ wanted to make Garrett a walk around head coach and put Xs and Os in someone elses hands. He gave Garrett a choice on who that someone is/was.

It now appears this will be a "collaborative" decision. I think JJ/SJ recognized Linehan doesn't fit and its time to update our offensive identity to fit Dak and Zeke. Romo is gone, the players are different and the offense needs to change because of it.

I am expecting an offense more suited to Dak. FWIW this is my read on why Garret is still here. I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with any of the above, its simply what I believe. That and the fact winning the division 2 out of the last 3 years, having an extremely young roster and a healthy cap have all led JJ to retaining Garrett. Your thoughts and condescension are welcome.

Side question: Has Jerry said if JG is still training or not?

As for the OP, Here's a big positive I like about J-Geezy , His players like him. He's completely fake to the media and fans but you can tell he's real to the players. As a coach, that's huge.

Reactions: CWR

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Monica Lewinski had some good coaching traits also.lmao

Garrett is just the messenger. He's just a yes man who has very little input. Jerrah and Stephen are in charge and carrot top is just a master of puppets.

10 years of excuses. Poor coaching decisions and no playoff success . But I still like Garrett and Jerry even though it's not a Superbowl winning combo

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Side question: Has Jerry said if JG is still training or not?

As for the OP, Here's a big positive I like about J-Geezy , His players like him. He's completely fake to the media and fans but you can tell he's real to the players. As a coach, that's huge.
He is a good team manager. Thats his real strength as a HC. He needs to take a big step back from the X's and O's side of coaching

birdwells1

Reaction score
He's good at studying successful coaches (Jimmy, Saban, Coach K) and emulating them at the podium not on the field.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
JG has no strength. let me clear this up, JG is riding a wave hardly no one ever gets, a billionaire who loves him. If this was any other job in any other country, JG is gone.

Carl23

Reaction score
RKG's don't do illegal drugs throughout their career. Our team is loaded with people that are not smart enough to be RKG's.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Okay, I'll give it to you there, Belicheat looks ridiculous throwing his while Garret looks manly throwing his. So that's ONE thing he's good at.
He doesn't always know when to throw them, but he sure does know how to throw them. :muttley: