Gary Hogeboom

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Just a reminder that former Cowboy QB, Gary Hogeboom, will be on Survivor tonight. Its their season premiere

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Also, taking the place of Tommy Lee in the show 'Tommy Lee Goes to College' will be none other than Steve Pelluer.

;) :lmao:

What the heck is Hogeboom doing on tv?!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Just a reminder that former Cowboy QB, Gary Hogeboom, will be on Survivor tonight. Its their season premiere

Normally the name Hogeboom gives me stomach aches....but he was still a Cowboy so I will root for him to win it. :D

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Everson Walls and Gil Brandt were on Cold Pizza this morning talking about Hogeboom.

Walls said the players really liked Gary ... moreso than Danny White. But he said Gary eventually crossed the picket line during the strike in 1987, "so Gary is pretty good at backstabbing," Walls said.

Brandt and Walls thought he would do very well on the show. I've never watched it and don't plan to.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:

Man you don't know how many times I wanted to stick Hogeboom on a deserted island when he was with the Cowboys.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Normally the name Hogeboom gives me stomach aches....but he was still a Cowboy so I will root for him to win it. :D

I agree, I was never a Hogeboom fan.. But as you said, he is a Cowboy... But I hate those reality tv shows...

Maybe Utah at TCU will be a game? One can hope!!

VACowboy

Reaction score
In his profile, he doesn't list football among his favorite sports to play or ANY favorite sports team, much less the Cowboys! Maybe he's just trying to fly under the radar or something.

Hogie's Profile

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VACowboy said:
In his profile, he doesn't list football among his favorite sports to play or ANY favorite sports team, much less the Cowboys! Maybe he's just trying to fly under the radar or something.

Hogie's Profile

I was thinking I heard or read somewhere that he was doing just as you said...trying to fly under the radar and hoping nobody would know he was an NFL QB at one time.

VACowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I was thinking I heard or read somewhere that he was doing just as you said...trying to fly under the radar and hoping nobody would know he was an NFL QB at one time.

Good luck. :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

When was he a QB? LOL

burmafrd

Reaction score
they may have liked Gary better, but Danny was so much the better QB.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Chief said:
Everson Walls and Gil Brandt were on Cold Pizza this morning talking about Hogeboom.

Walls said the players really liked Gary ... moreso than Danny White. But he said Gary eventually crossed the picket line during the strike in 1987, "so Gary is pretty good at backstabbing," Walls said.

Um, he wasn't the only Cowboy to do that. Danny, Dorsett and Randy White were also "backstabbers."

DallasKnight

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Man you don't know how many times I wanted to stick Hogeboom on a deserted island when he was with the Cowboys.

Dude!!!! Now that's funny. I had the exact same reaction when I heard about
him being on survivor. :lmao2: :laugh1: :lmao:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
VACowboy said:

Hogie's Profile

He's listed as an ex-NFL quarterback, and his bio includes his entire NFL career. He probably doesn't play much football anymore, so that wouldn't be listed among his favorite sports to play. And playing for the Cowboys doesn't have to make him a Cowboys fan -- he also played for the Colts, Cardinals and Commanders.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Chief said:

Brandt and Walls thought he would do very well on the show. I've never watched it and don't plan to.

He must have crossed the Colts picket line in 1987, cause he last played for Dallas in 1985.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/HogeGa00.htm

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I just hope when they vote him off that someone writes down Hogenbloom.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
I just hope when they vote him off that someone writes down Hogenbloom.

Landry always had a knack for not pronouncing a players name correctly. LOL