Gary Hogeboom

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Cowboysguy said:
the league also struck in 1982...maybe that's what he was referring to...

Maybe, but they didn't play any replacement games in 82 so what picket line? I don't know what Cubbie was talking about.

txkid

Reaction score
He played scab ball for the Colts (I lived near Indy at the time). Also was on the Skins in 1990 after two QB's went down in the bodybag game (but stayed on the bench).

EndGame

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
In his profile, he doesn't list football among his favorite sports to play or ANY favorite sports team, much less the Cowboys! Maybe he's just trying to fly under the radar or something.

Hogie's Profile
I watched the show. That's exactly what he's trying to do. He's telling them that he's a landscaper. If they ask his last name, he said he'll tell them it's Hawkins. Probably not a bad idea. If they find out he was a pro athlete, he may have a target on his back. Now, if there is a Cowboys fan there they'll tell everyone he wasn't a GOOD pro athlete, which might help!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I watched it too. I'm rooting for him, but he's delusional if the thinks anyone's going to recognize him. The guy is tall and athletic for an older guy, but he doesn't exactly look like the guy who wore the uniform.

He's coming on too strong early, I think he may not last long unless he settles down.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Looks like he needs a sandwich.

235-652-55323319.jpg

235-835-53441473.jpg

235-652-55323246.jpg

235-215-318039.jpg

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I also watched the show tonight.
Hoogenboom seemed like he may be a strange dude.
First time I ever watched the show and I did not really care for it ,but Since Gary's an ex cowboy i will give it another shot.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I saw the advertisement for that show and didn't even recognize him! God, how long has it been? I actually have a tape at home labeled "Gary Hogeboom's First Start". I think it was a 1984 game against the then, Los Angeles Rams...

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
CalCBFan said:
I saw the advertisement for that show and didn't even recognize him! God, how long has it been? I actually have a tape at home labeled "Gary Hogeboom's First Start". I think it was a 1984 game against the then, Los Angeles Rams...

didnt he start the jan 83 nfc championship game?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
fiveandcounting said:
didnt he start the jan 83 nfc championship game?

Please...not that...The Int for a TD killed me !