Video: GBag Reports On 2022 Cowboys OTA Practice | GBag Nation

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
this^^^^^ x 100........after what he did with the D last season, why would any fan/posters question his decisions.
The defense wasnt good unless we got turnovers. Terrible on 3rd downs getting off the field. We either gave up points or caused a turnover

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only cowboys fans could watch this and say he was more effective as a 3t than a de. Illinois was a scheme sack with twists across the d line the other dt made the play here to get him free #54. His ints and fumble recoveries at dt he was sitting at the LOS while everyone else was upfield. I didnt see any tackles for loss as a dt unless i missed one. I didnt watch his all 3 years with playing time.
I know it doesnt exist. He had one sack rushing from the dt position his whole college career. Most of the time he was pushed back 3 yards when he lined up inside. Last year he was most effective from the DE position. I think its a dumb move. They are doing it because our interior d line sucks and they tryin to use flex tape on a leak

You're statement: "He had one sack rushing from the dt position his whole college career."

I'm not posting an opinion. I'm posting exactly what the game footage shows.
- He had far more than one sack when "rushing from the dt position".

Golston lined up inside (DT) on these plays that were all sacks.
3:41 Penn St. (2nd 13:57)
6:01 Penn St. (4th 14:13)
8:36 Indiana (4th 6:34)
8:50 Minnesota (2nd 1:32)
9:49 Penn State (1st 12:43)
10:45 Illinois (4th 14:22)
14:11 Nebraska (4th 1:23)

He lined up inside on these plays and he either recovered a fumble or had an INT.
11:10 Fumble recovery
11:38 INT
12:06 Fumble recovery

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You're statement: "He had one sack rushing from the dt position his whole college career."

He lined up inside on these plays and he either recovered a fumble or had an INT.

I was mistaken. But I'm not mistaken about his move to gain 20 more lbs to still be undersized inside. He will ineffective now at de and dt. I liked his upside as a backup lde.

Let's see who's wrong after the season

plasticman

Reaction score
I heard some positive reports on Trystan Hill. I heard some negative reports on Josh Ball.

They were saying that when Trystan hit the pads in practice, it just sounds different. He has got a real punch. I heard Ball doesn't look good at all. Physically, he looks smaller. I heard in practice Waletzko looks much better than Ball.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Holstein can absolutely play inside on certain passing downs. He’ll play on the strong side edge on most downs.

He’s actually a pretty good pass rusher playing inside.

Needs to be better vs run.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And it doesn’t matter who the coaches are.

They’ve been doing it for years.
the NFL does this, Period its not DC thing its an NFL thing. position flex was not invented by the DC coaches lmao..that been said here far too often. Many players who come out of college get used differently in the nfl we have seen QBs became Tes and Wrs, many Lbs moved to safety or vice versa, many Cbs moved to safety. we saw Sanders play Cb, s and WR plus Sts back in the 90s..I guess They should have stuck him at corner because position flex is not allowed. Deebo does he play one position? get real wake up this is how its done if the player is capable. Randy white was moved around util he found his best spot.

so when this happens they learn other positions that will be best for the particular defense they are playing in..that 100% normal int he NFL.. BB over in NE does this more then anyone.`
odd most here laud the coaches for using Parsons everywhere then go full hypocrite when they do the same with other players.

blueblood70

Reaction score

the zoners don't want facts, they like to create narratives lol

pitt33

Reaction score
the NFL does this, Period its not DC thing its an NFL thing. position flex was not invented by the DC coaches lmao..that been said here far too often. Many players who come out of college get used differently in the nfl we have seen QBs became Tes and Wrs, many Lbs moved to safety or vice versa, many Cbs moved to safety. we saw Sanders play Cb, s and WR plus Sts back in the 90s..I guess They should have stuck him at corner because position flex is not allowed. Deebo does he play one position? get real wake up this is how its done if the player is capable. Randy white was moved around util he found his best spot.

so when this happens they learn other positions that will be best for the particular defense they are playing in..that 100% normal int he NFL.. BB over in NE does this more then anyone.`
odd most here laud the coaches for using Parsons everywhere then go full hypocrite when they do the same with other players.
Players get moved…more often than not…because their given position in college does not equate well to the NFL game. Randy White sucked at linebacker. That’s why he was moved. Quarterbacks who become wide outs or tight ends in the NFL can’t play quarterback at the next level. I get that it’s a league wide thing. This team just doesn’t seem to be too good at it over the years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Players get moved…more often than not…because their given position in college does not equate well to the NFL game. Randy White sucked at linebacker. That’s why he was moved. Quarterbacks who become wide outs or tight ends in the NFL can’t play quarterback at the next level. I get that it’s a league wide thing. This team just doesn’t seem to be too good at it over the years.
not accurate some hits, some misses...

also not just a DC thing..

last year Quinn did this all over the defense had many Hybrid positions for LB and safety's crossing over had the DL rotating inside and out etc etc im sure he has plan for Golston as well..Ill trust coaches to get it figured out. the guy was what a late 3rd round rookie so everyone calling him bust is ridiculous. they have time to find how to best utilize him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Chris Jones was available at one point. Yes he is expensive. But is someone that could have made an immediate impact. But every year same story. Cowboys once again failed to make gains on getting a stud on our dline.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Interesting show:

DLaw looks hungry in OTA's
Parsons mostly working with the edge rushers
Sam Williams looks like a freak of nature (long and strong) next to the other 100 guys
McGovern starting over Tyler Smith - won't last
Josh Ball looks weak
Trysten Hill was the quickest off the snap all day
Jalen Tolbert missing time with soft tissue