GBN Posted Latest Mock Draft by Jim Coyle

Hiero

Reaction score
kartr said:
I'd rather have Claude Wrotten in the first, I would like our d-line to be able to generate a pass rush using just the front four like Chicago. There are plenty of good RT in the draft so we don't need one in the first.
point 3: why try and build a team around Bledsoe who's iffy at best;that was the mistake that the Jets made last year. Pick up Steve McNair after he's released;he'll make our OL better. Then get Jennings in the second and Todd Watkins of BYU in the 3rd as our speed WR, the RT in the 4th and DJ Shockley in the 5th as McNair's backup. Then in 2007 draft Omar Jacobs as our qb of the future.
Claude Wroten? He doesnt have the size to play NT and we dont need any DE's. Why in the world would we get him? We dont play a 4-3 like the Bears do. not sure if you noticed we play 3-4 here now.

Hiero

Reaction score
wick said:
Blalock is reminicient of Vernon Carey, who was a tackle/guard swing prospect projected to settle in at guard for the long haul. I don't think Blalock's longterm future is at tackle.

If you're going to draft based on need, there's no question the pick must be a tackle. The other positions of critical need (safety, linebacker, and wide receiver) can be upgraded via free agency. You almost never see a top-flight tackle hit the open market.
Carey is starting at RT for the Dolphins. I think Blalock could play RT in the pros also. I would not mind getting him for our RT inlike 3rd rd.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
D'Brickashaw Ferguson is the consensus best OT in the draft.

I would love to get this guy but he is a LT.

High quality character and has started since he was a freshman.

BP is close with the UVA coach too but we would HAVE to trade up for him. Way up.
Too bad.

No, it isn't... if Ferguson can't prove to the NFL that he can put on 15-20 pounds and keep them on, he'll never amount to anything in the NFL... he's currently listed at 295, he NEEDS to get to 310-315 to have any realistic chance of making an impact in the league...

This coming from a huge UVa fan...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
take one of the top OTs in the 1st, and MLB D'Qwell Jackson in the 2nd

You think a 225 pounder has enough size to play MLB in the NFL??

I sure don't...