George: Cowboys are more likely to pursue Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel **UPDATE: Both off Market now**

RS12

Reaction score
Although the Cowboys have been linked to Griffin and Manziel in national reports, Dallas is more likely to pursue Texas prep products Colt McCoy or Chase Daniel in free agency as a veteran backup for Tony Romo.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...ccoy-chase-daniel-rather-rgiii-johnny-manziel

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Colt will be brought in :(
He's obviously the guy getting the audition.
Dad is a long-time Texas High School coach with ties galore.

Not exactly exacting.

Chase is a Texas kid as well, from Southlake Carroll.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Colt will be brought in :(
He's obviously the guy getting the audition.
Dad is a long-time Texas High School coach with ties galore.

Not exactly exacting.

Chase is a Texas kid as well, from Southlake Carroll.

you're looking at it wrong, Colt and Chase would make a better #3 QB than Moore :)

plymkr

Reaction score
Who is Chase Daniel? Who did he play for? is he any good?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

meh...a less skinny Kellen Moore. Sat behind Drew Brees for a few years. Colt is better than Moore, but Chase is likely about the same to be honest.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Won a state title with Southlake Carroll then went on to be really good for Missou.
Spread system guy and never more than pro back up but he's been considered a plus back up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Note that this is just some writer's speculation that McCoy & Daniel are "more likely" than RGIII and Manziel. Not much of a stretch and not sourced at all to the Cowboys' organization.

Actually this has rumbled on the radio for a while. It is likely true and likely comes from those in the know.

The national guys suggesting RG3 or someone big-name is the made up crap or was released by that player's agent.

Colt and Chase know peopel in this organizationa dn their parents know people... this is very likely accurate.... but hardly exciting.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Note that this is just some writer's speculation that McCoy & Daniel are "more likely" than RGIII and Manziel. Not much of a stretch and not sourced at all to the Cowboys' organization.

you know, after hearing for months now how inevitable that RG3 and Manziel end up in Dallas...I'll take it.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I have no problem with Colt. would some of y'all really rather go into next season having to trade picks away to find a backup again because we didn't take backup QB serious at all? McCoy or Daniels shouldnt keep you front draft a QB at 4 but if we don't then at least we will have a decent backup for the time being.

RS12

Reaction score
This is more likely. McCoy and Daniel are in the 3 million a year range based on what I have read.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colt and Chase were the two I thought made sense previously. Of the two, I like Chase better. There's even talk that he was pushing Smith up in KC. If he hits the market and doesn't get a chance to compete for a starting job outright, Dallas might make a lot of sense for him.

I thought he'd be somebody Peterson in PHI would have interest in, but the Bradford extension probably put an end to that.

rpntex

Reaction score
Just draft a Qb :facepalm:

Uh, that article says they are likely to pursue Daniel's or McCoy, it says nothing about Dallas NOT drafting a QB, too. One scenario doesn't preclude the other. In fact, the smears thing to do would be BOTH. A rookie draft choice would not be ready to see the field this fall, so it would be ideal to sign a vet regardless.

Califan007

Reaction score
Three of the four QBs named were on the Commanders roster at one point lol...