Twitter: Gerald McCoy Injured - out for season **merged**

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong.......McCoy has averaged 4-5 sacks over the last few years. If I'm not mistaken, Crawford's average is in the same range. My guess he and Hill will replace McCoy........JMO
Sack number is similar but everything else crawford isn't even close. Last 3 healthy seasons for both guys
McCoy:
5.6 sacks
37.3 tackles
8.6 tackles for loss
19.3 QB hits

Crawford:
4.6 sacks
29.6 tackles
5.3 tackles for loss
10.6 qb hits.

McCoy is still a much more disruptive player.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong.......McCoy has averaged 4-5 sacks over the last few years. If I'm not mistaken, Crawford's average is in the same range. My guess he and Hill will replace McCoy........JMO

Crawford had 5.5 in 2018, 4 in 2017 and 4.5 in 2016. (He had one last year in four games.) During those years, he split time between end and 3-tech.

McCoy had 6 in 2018, 6 in 2017 and 7 in 2016. (He also had five last season).

I don't know how much pressure each put on the QB, but these were their sack numbers.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sack number is similar but everything else crawford isn't even close. Last 3 healthy seasons for both guys
McCoy:
5.6 sacks
37.3 tackles
8.6 tackles for loss
19.3 QB hits

Crawford:
4.6 sacks
29.6 tackles
5.3 tackles for loss
10.6 qb hits.

Thanks for that. Those numbers are more telling, especially the QB hits. I do think Crawford works better from the 3-tech spot than from end, so we'll see what happens there if someone doesn't push him aside for playing time.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’ll make y’all feel better

2019 :

Collins
Crawford
Woods
Hill
Hyder

2020:
Poe
Crawford
Woods
Hill
Gallimore

it’s still an upgrade over 2019. This without mentioning Aldon Smith who has been getting inside looks in 4-3 nickel.

nickle downs

Lawrence - Crawford - Smith- Griffen

Gremell12

Reaction score
Absolutely huge...this guy plays all 3 downs...he was the meat we needed and probably the best pass rusher on the interior that we’ve had in a while...snacks would be a nice add but im not sure how hes feeling.

Maverick84

Reaction score
this only happened because I'm a fan of the team, sorry guys. I'm apparently not allowed to go for too long without some BS happening to my sports teams.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys' McCoy to have season-ending surgery

i

Cowboys defensive tackle Gerald McCoy ruptured his right quadriceps tendon and will undergo season-ending surgery.

Read Full Story

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Those numbers are more telling, especially the QB hits. I do think Crawford works better from the 3-tech spot than from end, so we'll see what happens there if someone doesn't push him aside for playing time.
he sucks at both. thanks.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I keep telling people bad things will happen if they go Vegan.
Sorta great timing as they talked about apparent increased injuries when players go Vegan on one of the youtube videos this weekend.

quickccc

Reaction score

i would not expect Stephen to spill the beans about immediate plans for a vet replacement on the street FA market or trade possibilities.
Don't show your cards hand until you're ready to call the game.

But if he is sincerely talking about just going with what we have at DT, that doesn't sound like a good plan at all, Crawford is not a starter type at either DT or DE, he's a nickel rotational type and its' a matter of time before the battering and pounding gets him his usual injuries (shoulder, hip, etc) and extended stretched of games missed as well.

and then it comes down to rookie Neville Gallimore and Trysten Hill, and as raw, inexperienced and under developed as they are ?

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
McCoy:
5.6 sacks
37.3 tackles
8.6 tackles for loss
19.3 QB hits

Crawford:
4.6 sacks
29.6 tackles
5.3 tackles for loss
10.6 qb hits.

For DT's stats all depend on the scheme.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
While this hurts, I do not want to hear any excuses... It is time for the younger players to step up and make plays.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Last one out hit the lights.
Pull your panties out sweeties. Injuries happen. All teams. We have more depth this year than we've had in a long, long time. Next man up. The young tigers we have just perked their ears up a bunch.