Twitter: Get Jaylon Smith Off This Team

Aven8

Reaction score
I have literally never seen a player celebrate a tackle after a 10-yard gain, and Jaylon Smith does it regularly. He also runs around like he's on fire, takes bad angles, jumps on top of his teammates needlessly, and half ***** it.

He is so unlikable. His interviews are forced and fake. Whoever thinks he's well-spoken doesn't know what they're talking about. He's a dope.

You don't give people like this $67 million. He is a shining example that shows Jerry Jones has no idea what he's doing. None.

I get the feeling that Jaylon is one of those athletes that speaks in the third person a lot!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if I have EVER begged for someone to get booted to the curb.

Well....first time for everything. Er...most things.

He seriously runs like I do and I have bad arthritis in my hip. Doc took an x-ya and said "You're in pain huh"?

I think he's late to tackles because he can't plant and turn and accelerate properly. I don't care if he gives gansta interviews or dollar signs on 10 yard tackles or whatever. He's injured maybe permanently.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect Jaylon will be left untouched by the FO, until such time as his contract runs out. He was awarded his big contract foolishly by Jerry. It was like he awarded big contracts to Zeke and Jaylon, out of spite for Dak asking for too much. o_O

Last edited:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jaylon stinks, but is the leading tackler on the team. No matter if he is tackling 10, 20, or 30 yards down the field. How many other players on the team are being run by to get to Jaylon? Where are the other defensive players that are supposed to stop the ball carrier? For all his ineptitude, he is better than the all other tacklers on the field. He sideswipes tackles, attacks the wrong gaps, gets blown up by blockers, and is burnt by RB's, TE's, QB's, and receivers, but is still the leading tackler on the team. What has happened to this team?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Jaylon stinks, but is the leading tackler on the team. No matter if he is tackling 10, 20, or 30 yards down the field. How many other players on the team are being run by to get to Jaylon? Where are the other defensive players that are supposed to stop the ball carrier? For all his ineptitude, he is better than the all other tacklers on the field. He sideswipes tackles, attacks the wrong gaps, gets blown up by blockers, and is burnt by RB's, TE's, QB's, and receivers, but is still the leading tackler on the team. What has happened to this team?

He's a LB, he should lead in tackles.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Smith plays LB like a Make A Wish kid pretending to be a WWE Superstar.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Moving him around isn't going to make him a better player or somehow instantly elevate his football I.Q.

He's trash and always will be.
Maybe but just telling him to just go in a straight line where he doesnt have to make reads might help

RoboQB

Reaction score

You may not know this, but offenses attack weaknesses.
Sure, Jaylon can tackle the TE or RB after a 10-12 yard catch, but they're always open.
In the run game, he's a speed bump that gets plowed over by guards and tackles.
He runs like a pirate... peg leg. No lower body strength. Couldn't move a tackling dummy.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Red States, Blue States.
:rolleyes:

Yea. Sean Lee has never been criticized for staying injured...nor LVE. 80% of the team has immutable characteristics and have received lucrative extensions. The fact the players arent good is not their fault, though, it was the person evaluating and paying them

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You may not know this, but offenses attack weaknesses.
Sure, Jaylon can tackle the TE or RB after a 10-12 yard catch, but they're always open.
In the run game, he's a speed bump that gets plowed over by guards and tackles.
He runs like a pirate... peg leg. No lower body strength. Couldn't move a tackling dummy.

This statement, does not line up. The defense is weak, as a whole.

Section446

Reaction score
Interior lineman, safeties, defensive backs, other linebackers??????
Okay, fair... but are any of those positions the highest paid player in the league at their position? Can you think of a handful of plays that Smith made that were "special" or reflective of a guy who's the highest paid player at his position?

Just for fun, I Youtubed "Jaylon Smith Highlights 2020", I'm not finding any highlights"... maybe I'm missing something?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, fair... but are any of those positions the highest paid player in the league at their position? Can you think of a handful of plays that Smith made that were "special" or reflective of a guy who's the highest paid player at his position?

Just for fun, I Youtubed "Jaylon Smith Highlights 2020", I'm not finding any highlights"... maybe I'm missing something?

Jaylon was paid what the Jones family thought he deserved. Fan opinion, has no bearing whatsoever. I would not have given him a dime personally, but like I said, us fans do not write the checks. Jaylon, has made a few plays on the year, you just have to remove the "Jaylon Stinks" blinders, to see them.