Twitter: Get Jaylon Smith Off This Team

Section446

Reaction score
Jaylon was paid what the Jones family thought he deserved. Fan opinion, has no bearing whatsoever. I would not have given him a dime personally, but like I said, us fans do not write the checks. Jaylon, has made a few plays on the year, you just have to remove the "Jaylon Stinks" blinders, to see them.
Ah there it is... we're going to go the route of insults because we're lacking in any evidence to backup a claim... good talk, kid.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ah there it is... we're going to go the route of insults because we're lacking in any evidence to backup a claim... good talk, kid.

How is that an insult? Sometimes, we can be so set on the negative, that we do not acknowledge anything positive. Maybe, I could have said it in a different tone. By the way, this kid was born in 1964.

RoboQB

Reaction score
This statement, does not line up. The defense is weak, as a whole.

It absolutely lines up.

Anyone who ever coached anything at any level knows to attack the weakest link.
This is also why Smith has so many tackles, along with being on the field more than
any other player.

Nobody is saying it's all on him, but on a bad defense, he's the worst player on the field
and the easiest to expose. Teams can get 8-12 yards every play by throwing to his man.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It absolutely lines up.

Anyone who ever coached anything at any level knows to attack the weakest link.
This is also why Smith has so many tackles, along with being on the field more than
any other player.

Nobody is saying it's all on him, but on a bad defense, he's the worst player on the field
and the easiest to expose. Teams can get 8-12 yards every play by throwing to his man.

It's a wash to cut them this season and if he designated him for next season you don't see anything until next season cap wise.

I do believe a middle round draft pick can give the same production as Smith does or close enough that it doesn't matter but as much as I cannot stand him I'm willing to give Smith one more season and then cut him the following it actually gets savings if he doesn't rebound or improve.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't care about the cap, I legitimately believe Smith drags down this defense. I used to get a ton of crap on here for saying Smith has low football IQ even dating back to college when he couldn't read an offense to save his life, it's unbelievable he is the one out there being the QB for this defense. The only thing he is good at is giving people secondhand embarrassment.

I completely agree. And the worst part is that he is the emotional leader of the defense. Calls the defenses, patts fannies with the opposition, gets buddy buddy with them and goofs off during games. This guy is as soft as soft gets. He sucks. CANT have a guy like that leading your defense.

Heath sucked, but at least he had heart and wasnt a wuss.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don't care about the cap, I legitimately believe Smith drags down this defense. I used to get a ton of crap on here for saying Smith has low football IQ even dating back to college when he couldn't read an offense to save his life, it's unbelievable he is the one out there being the QB for this defense. The only thing he is good at is giving people secondhand embarrassment.

Probably my least favorite player in YEARS. I've never seen anyone in a Cowboys uniform get SO EXCITED on every play the other team has success. Never seen anything like it. How do even Judge Smails and Spaulding like him? I don't get it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What was he rated for the 2020 season?

55.1 or something for whatever that’s worth. For context, the top graded linebackers are shown here w/overall defensive grades in the 80s.

B414-FBDA-3-E28-46-FC-A158-14-F76-D0-B2-C6-F.png

Crad|e

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever said this about a player before but his play and antics are plain embarrassing. How does the coaching staff watch this game in and game out and let him continue to play? What a joke.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Gee what your assessment is and what facts are don't match. Let me say I've never been a big Smith fan and I thought the Cowboys wasted a 2nd round pick on a player with his injury, but this season, Smith ended up at THIRD in the entire league on tackles. That makes me think that at least this season Smith was in the right place more often than not.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Or Chris Jones
When I saw the size of Jones walking onto the stage after the Jaylon pick the first thought in my head was why in the heck didnt Dallas draft this monster. Jones hugged the commissioner and made him look like a little kid.