Get me a lb with power and violence

Jarntt

Reaction score
I prefer what we are doing with our safeties in this department.

A guy like Bell is making plays because of this.
Yeah, but our safeties (and even our current LBs TBH) can't hold up against OL getting to the next level and get pushed all over the place on run downs and easily sealed off. I have no issue with them playing hybrid roles on passing downs or even some run downs but when you do it as a base D you are going to get beat by the run more often

Rayman70

Reaction score
we did. His name is Rashad Evans. Hes not very old either and has high production.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hope he is but if he was why would he have not already been signed by another team? Seems odd.
ah yes, the Mickey Spagnola school of thought...well, it isn't always the case. Sometimes guys just don't get signed.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
ah yes, the Mickey Spagnola school of thought...well, it isn't always the case. Sometimes guys just don't get signed.
Well I hope we found us a gem but there are alot of talent starved teams out there and I’m just surprised he wasn’t gobbled up already.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well I hope we found us a gem but there are alot of talent starved teams out there and I’m just surprised he wasn’t gobbled up already.
Agree. I admit, I was shocked he went unsigned. He was a hot commodity then went unsigned. Glad we have him.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If you don't think this team could use a tackling machine, run downs LB you've paid zero attention to the Cowboys. I'm not saying there is one out there, but one would make us way better
Look at the Whiners big physical LBers.

We could definitely use one. Maybe Evans will help stuff the run.

Beaker42

Reaction score
You guys want lumbering linebackers, fullbacks, RBs that get 3 yards a carry, and spend premium picks on Nose Tackles..

It’s like you’ve paid 0 attention to the modernNFL.
Who said anything about lumbering LB’s??? Put C.J. Moseley on this this squad and we’re SB contenders.

plasticman

Reaction score
Power and violence?

What does that even look like in today's NFL?

I think rule changes has taken away the Dick Butkus/Willie Lanier/Jack Lambert type linebacker.

Power and violence brings pain and that used to include helmet to helmet, slamming to the ground, high density impact, mid-air collisions. Intimidation and creating fear was part of the "skill set". Nobody pretended that they didn't realize the sport was so violent and dangerous.

In fact, I think most people recognized that the players were being paid far better than most white collar jobs in order to compensate them for physical risks they were taking. They certainly wasn't being paid that amount simply because they were really good playing a kid's game with it's funny oblong shaped ball. Recall that this was during the same era American soldiers in Vietnam were being paid $219 twice a month.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I wonder if Rolando McClain has finished drinking sizzup yet?

Man I loved watching that dude run around smashing people, one of my favorite things to watch over the last 20 years.

Carson

Reaction score
I hope he is but if he was why would he have not already been signed by another team? Seems odd.
Could be numerous things. He likely thought he was worth more than minimal market and was waiting for starter money.

He signed with Philly, saw no path through Nakobe Dean and decided to ask for his release. With LVE out, there is a clear path to starter snaps.

You also have to remember, Veteran players with over two years of experience will make a minimum of $16,100 per week or $289,800 for 18 weeks, and a maximum of $20,600 per week or $370,800 for 18 weeks.

To the average joe, that could be life changing money. Evans has made over $15 million in contract alone. He possibly just wanted to best fit and he found it.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
I wonder if Rolando McClain has finished drinking sizzup yet?

Man I loved watching that dude run around smashing people, one of my favorite things to watch over the last 20 years.

That was the guy right there, the “PURPLE DRINKER”.