Get the Speed the Rock!

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I’m absolutely baffled as to why our fastest and most elusive players aren’t getting the ball. Can this offensive mastermind not do anything other than a jet sweep with Turpin? Can we not do anything but run the ball between the tackles with Duece?? Scheme up some plays to get these players the rock in space. An absolute waste of talent.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Because they are tiny babies and are gimmicks. Rico is our only ball carrier that resembles an NFL caliber professional.
And even then he is just a backup. He's not a lead back at all. We have no lead back worthy of an NFL roster. GM malpractice.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why do people keep alluding to Deuce having great speed? He doesn't look like an NFL player to me so far. I do agree on not solely running him in between the tackles every play as he can't get through an arm tackle and I do agree he would be much better in space with his quickness (not necessarily speed) even though he doesn't look nearly as shifty as he did in college. I just don't see how this really helps us much.

Creeper

Reaction score
Between our front office, and coaches, this team has a huge anchor hold it in place or dragging it backwards.

I am sick of them hyping themselves up because they think they got a steal in the 5th round. This team roster is pathetic. Instead of continuing to build it the right way, they let it deteriorate into the mess we have now. We were bad running the football last year, and stopping the run. We are actually worse this year. I don't want to hear about the Giants game. The measuring stick is the Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers. Not the Giants.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Been clamoring for this for two seasons. We don’t have an Andy Reid who can get players involved unfortunately
That’s the thing. It’s not personnel thought does need improvement. The issue is the playbook. For years we have been saying this. You can’t just hitch route people to death and think you will score.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That’s the thing. It’s not personnel thought does need improvement. The issue is the playbook. For years we have been saying this. You can’t just hitch route people to death and think you will score.
They throw swing passes to Turpin all the time that get him 1-1 on a single defender, and he never does anything with it.

Space is created when somebody beats a man.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m absolutely baffled as to why our fastest and most elusive players aren’t getting the ball. Can this offensive mastermind not do anything other than a jet sweep with Turpin? Can we not do anything but run the ball between the tackles with Duece?? Scheme up some plays to get these players the rock in space. An absolute waste of talent.
:popcorn::hammer:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
At some point we just have to admit that these guys aren't very good. They've tried to get the ball to Turpin in space and it hasnt produced anything. Last year they got him 5 targets behind the LOS and it resulted in 3 drops, and his 2 catches only went for a combined 4 yards. This year go back and watch the NO game, they tried to get him some balls schemed to him in the flats, and it didnt work out either. The end arounds at least give you a chance at a big play, he had 2 or 3 of them last year for decent gains, but they are not hitting at great percentages. Ultimately a guy like Turpin has to develop as a more well rounded receiver or this speed he has isnt much to worry about. When you can really scheme guys open and get them in space is when they are actually a threat to beat you in multiple ways, or they can beat their man 1v1. This idea that defenses just get fooled to leave receivers uncovered on a regular basis isnt accurate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They throw swing passes to Turpin all the time that get him 1-1 on a single defender, and he never does anything with it.

Space is created when somebody beats a man.
Turpin is capable of running more than one route but not even talking about him. Tolbert and Cooks run the same curl and hitch routes all game and sometimes they will give Lamb a slant. It’s the most predictable and boring plays you will witness. It’s embarrassing. There’s no separation for a reason.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't you think it's ironic how he was asset by Clarence hill in his yesterday's press conference and he literally double speak over top of it of why we're not using more motion and misdirection and he never even answered the question with a straight answer he's like oh I'm sure we're aware of it or analysts department been telling us and then what I think he runs this offense trying to protect the defense I think he's purposely trying to keep the score down and what's happening is our defense is so bad the score is getting away from us in those two losses that's what happened I think his head's in the wrong spot he should be wide open thinking about outscoring your opponent you just should go into games thinking you need to score 30 and he didn't do that last year till after the San Francisco and after the bye I don't understand it at all..

I know that people keep wanting to blame Jerry in the front office there's absolutely talent on this team that if you utilize correctly could be weapons they're just now figuring out hunter could be used we need a big back that can block last year and then we use hunter hell no the dude hardly saw the field now you bring in zeke and zeke hardly plays 'cause now you realize hunter can do everything that zeke can do but the talent is on the team they're not using it I'm not saying we have like the greatest show on turf but the original poster is 100% correct we all see what you can do with Vaughn and Turpin and they don't do it they need much more misdirection in the rounds hell I would love to see that like the first play of some games or at least in the first series not run run up the middle third and six punt we can call those plays!!!

We're not trying to take the top off defenses we have guys that can do things in open space and we're just running the most average vanilla place I've ever seen without ever adjusting in a game don't you think that when you start looking like this game is about to get away from you that you at least take four shots downfield? Everything is underneath everything is so short and they're telling the players hey catch it and then try to get some yak yards no we need some pressure on the defense to make them back off the line and then we can start running the football a little right now they don't respect the run they don't respect anything deep and they're making us do 15 play drive and then ending in a field goal because you can't push the ball down we should be looking for the end zone inside the 40 not inside the 20 they need to try to take some shots a lot more shots we all see it but somehow a seasoned head coach slash offensive corner doesn't see it and we're sitting here at 500 about to drown we have our head above water and they're not acting like a desperate team...

.Rant over!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At some point we just have to admit that these guys aren't very good. They've tried to get the ball to Turpin in space and it hasnt produced anything. Last year they got him 5 targets behind the LOS and it resulted in 3 drops, and his 2 catches only went for a combined 4 yards. This year go back and watch the NO game, they tried to get him some balls schemed to him in the flats, and it didnt work out either. The end arounds at least give you a chance at a big play, he had 2 or 3 of them last year for decent gains, but they are not hitting at great percentages. Ultimately a guy like Turpin has to develop as a more well rounded receiver or this speed he has isnt much to worry about. When you can really scheme guys open and get them in space is when they are actually a threat to beat you in multiple ways, or they can beat their man 1v1. This idea that defenses just get fooled to leave receivers uncovered on a regular basis isnt accurate.
If you watch other teams play you just see a difference in how the games flow. How teams use motion to get played open…how teams use route that allow for corners to get picked without it being against the rules. It just looks archaic in what they run.

Cooks is what he is at this point but no one can tell me making a 5’10 receiver run hitch routes like he’s a 6’4 possession receiver is smart.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Because they are tiny babies and are gimmicks. Rico is our only ball carrier that resembles an NFL caliber professional.
How well has that dumb ideology worked out? Nothing but caca.

The better coordinators use their fast and twitchy players to the best benefit of the team. This Cowboys coaching staff is among the worst.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Damn near half of the league is off the Shanahan tree in some form or fashion whether they worked with him or worked with someone who’s worked with him. I just don’t understand if that’s where the league is at why are you doing the opposite?