Get To Know The New Orleans Saints

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
whcarm;1210174 said:
The Saints have the number 1 offense thanks to Brees throwing the ball an ugodly number of times. He has been good and the stats show that. However, the Saints running game is only ranked 21st in the league and they are averaging only 3.6 yards per carry.

On the other hand, the Cowboys have the fourth ranked offense in the NFL. They have the 5th ranked passing offense and the 8th ranked rushing offense. We are a much more balanced team.

The Cowboys also have the second ranked scoring offense in the league compared to the Saints, who have the sixth ranked scoring offense.

Not to mention that the Cowboys have the 8th best turnover differential in the league at plus 7. While the Saints are ranked 27th at minus 6.

How about defense? Well, the Cowboys have the 7th ranked defense in the NFL while the Saints are ranked at 12. The Cowboys have the 4th best rush defense while the Saints are ranked 26th in rush defense. The Cowboys have 12th best pass defense, while the Saints have the 4th, a difference of an average of 18 yards passing per game. But to where it matters most... The Cowboys are ranked 7th in points allowed per game at 18.2, while the Saints are at 18th, allowing 20.9 points per game.

ownage at it's finest

who cares about total O and total D? it's scoring O and D that matters

and balance

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210950 said:
We are not the ones saying it. Listen to the media. The Saints have become the new darlings of the NFL and most of the country will be pulling for us to knock the snot out of Dallas Sunday Night.

America just loves a "feel good" story and you ain't it.

But America still reserves the right to LOVE YOUR CHEERLEADERS!!! Growl.

so you're content w/ the Cinderella tag? nice

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Reality;1210132 said:
Win a playoff game and then you can say it ..

If we played your schedule, we would too ..

Guess who's ahead of Brees in several categories? .. and the only reason he's not ahead in more is because he didn't start until the 7th game.

Against bad or average teams at best ..

He ... could ... go ... all ... the ... what happened? He just kneeled over grabbing his groin .. nevermind ..

He ... could ... go ... all .. the ... what happened? He just tripped over his sprained ankle .. nevermind ..

How about those Ravens? and wasn't that game in New Orleans?

That proves a lot .. I mean the Colts are the worst team in the league at stopping the run .. and .. what's their record again?

He doesn't need much time .. his release is so quick it takes video cameras to prove he even had the ball in his hand.

First of all .. do your homework. Cundiff is the Cowboys former kicker that was cut TWICE. Thank you for wasting an extra roster spot to gain 5 extra yards on kickoffs!

And wouldn't you know it .. Dallas is one of only like 2-3 teams that has a takeaway in every single game this season.

Like I said, win a playoff game before you throw away your "Aint's Fan" brown paper bags you wore on your heads during most of their seasons.

LOL .. Sure you aren't a closet Commanders fan?

Reality called .. it wants you to come back to it!

-Reality sucks, I know :)

LMAO Reality (And Rack) Hilarious stuff to read.

ccb04

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210106 said:
WE ARE NOT YOUR FATHERS SAINTS TEAM.

GRADES
Offense: A+
Defense: C+
Special Teams: B+
Coaching: A+

Yes my friends in Dallas, the Saints are for real. We have the number one offense in the NFL and we are going to take the greatest show on turf to Dallas.

Get to know Drew Brees.
#1 in completions (292)
#1 in yards (3649)
#3 in Comp % (66.2)
#3 in yards per attempt (8.94)
#3 in TDs (20)
#5 in QB rating (97.4)

5 Games in a row passing over 300+ yards - Tied NFL Record.

Brees has been outstanding all season. You guys have a new star in Romo but Brees is a All Pro proven veteran. His pocket presence is uncanny. He rarely gets sacked and throws the best deep ball you will see. He's what makes our offense #1 in the NFL. May prove to be the league MVP. Think Romo could do what Brees has done... in New Orleans of all places? Think again.

Get to know RB Duece McAllister
181 Rushes 790 Yards 4.4 Average. The numbers for Duece may seem average but you must consider that he is spliting time with Bush and coming off a season ending knee injury. The Saints have been smart by not over using him and saving him for the end of the season. He is poised to get over 1000 yards and is getting stronger every game. Duece is a hard punishing runner and wears a team down in the 4th quarter. He is the kind of back that can take over a game. He doesn't fumble.

Get to know RB Reggie Bush
Teams have gone the extra mile to stop Bush and many have called him the $60 million dollar decoy. The truth of the matter is that he draws so much attention that everybody else draws single coverage. Watch out here. Pick you poison wisely. Bush 2nd in the league in receptions with 73 and he after last weeks SanFran game, he looking like the light is finally going on. Having Duece McAllister has allowed the coaching staff to bring him along slowly.

Get to know WR Joe Horn
Old crafty veteran may have lost a few steps and pulled his groin last week. May not play but if there is any chance he can, he will. This guy has pleanty left in his tank and has a knack for making the big catch and taking it to the house. He has his share of pro bowl appearances.

Get to know WR Devery Henderson
Super fast. Streaky player that has seen limited action. Joe Horn's replacement. Has only 26 catches but has 5 TDs to his credit. The ultimate deep threat. Can play inside or outside and always creates the mismatch. You have to account for him. Averages 21.5 yards per catch.

Get to know WR Marcus Colston
He may be the rookie of the year. Reminds you of TO without the bad attitude. Tall receiver that catches everything. Yards after the catch. Hard to pull down. The real deal. 54 catches for 869 and 7 TDs. Was leading the lead before he sprained his ankle and hasn't played in the last 3 weeks.

This year no team has stopped the New Orleans Saints. The only reason the Saints have any losses is because of great plays by other teams defenses in forcing turnovers. It should be noted that we do not turn the ball over easily and make few mental mistakes or costly penalties.

Our offensive line has had no injuries. They protect Brees extremely well. We could easily run the football but instead choose to go with the mismatches in the passing game which is allowing us to save our RB for later in the season when you need them fresh... and Deuce is fresh.

Our defense is better than the statistics would suggest. We have an outstanding pass rush (DE Will Smith & DE Charles Grant both former #1 picks) and can stuff the run pretty darn well at the DT position.

Our LBs are smart and alway seem to be around the football. We have been beaten by a few RB/QB(Vick) to the outside for a few big plays but that is not the norm. Our safety position is fine, but we have one really good corner, Mike Mckenzie. Our major weakness is that we only have one corner. Teams have exposed CB Fred Thomas who is average. I expect Dallas to win a few here.

The problem for the Cowboys is that our defensive line was built for knocking the snott out of Mick Vick and we really know how to go after the QB. Romo will not have much time to throw the ball and don't look for your running game to bail you out. If our defense has one big weakness it's that we don't product many turnovers.

Special Teams: The Saints have two kickers on the roster. One for kickoffs and one for field goals PK Karney is one of the leagues all time most accurate in side the 45. He doesn't have the leg for kickoffs any more and recently the Saints resigned another kicker that can easily kick it to the back of the endzone on kickoffs. At kick returner is Michael Lewis and Reggie Bush. While you might think that Bush is the man to stop here, you would be wrong. Lewis has led the league before and if finally back from a nagging injury. He hits the hole faster then Bush and can out run anybody. On punt returns Bush and Lewis split time. I say the threat for a great return is equal here.

The Saints offense is so explosive that the only way to beat them is to create turnovers and not turn the ball over. So far this season, that's the only way we have lost. Recently coach Sean Peyton has taken every step to limit this problem and the result was two impressive wins against Atlanta and San Fran. The Saints are beating the teams they are supposed to beat and beating some teams we never thought we would. It's been a great season and we fully expect to be the New America's Team!!! :eek:

The Saints are well coached and haven't made stupid mistakes that have plagued our sad history for 40+ years. This team is for real and I'm sure that this will be as good a game as it gets for Dallas fans. Wish I could be there drinking beer with you guys!

See you in the NFC Championship game. Hey I can wish huh?

Did Ricky Williams rub off on old Iron Mike or has he got it right?

Saints Superbowl!!

While you are the top offense yardage wise ... you are not the top when it comes to scoring offense. In that category, you are 5th and we are 2nd. And even in total yards, we are 4th. In any event, I'll take points on the board and you can have the yards.

The Saints could well be for real ... and I respect the offensive talent. OTOH, who have you beaten? Your 8 wins: Atlanta 2x, the Bucs 2x, the Packers, the Browns, the Eagles, and the 49'ers. Not exactly what I would call overly impressive.

Don't make the mistake of comparing Romo and Vick. ... Vick is more of a RB; Romo knows how to avoid pressure by side-stepping, rolling out, stepping up, ect. They are vastly different. Also, we have faced some other pretty good DE tandems: Peppers & Rucker (who beat you), Osi & Kiwanuka, and Freeney & Mathis. Romo has beaten each of those tandems.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
WOW......did that take like an hour to type???

After reading that it sounds like we are playing the second coming of Lombardi's Packers.

Lets take a look at those stats you seem so high about.

Total offense: Saints #1, Dallas #4

Total Defense: Saints #12, Dallas #7

So your "greatest show on turf" gains only about 25 ypg more than us. However, our defense gives up about 25 ypg less than you guys.

Matchup looks pretty even to me, you are defiently not Lombardi's Packers coming into town, regardless of your thesis.:)

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Stats don't do it for me. The game is played on scheme, talent, emotion, and pure adrenaline. Any given Sunday.

Both teams will be ready to play, and this will be the game of the year for NBC's Football Night in America.

I expect nothing but a dogfight.

DeathToTheSkinS

Reaction score
ur LBs dnt scare me one bit at all they are a fluke this year, they would be back ups on most teams with winning records.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AmadeoV;1211493 said:
Racist comments aren't allowed, but you're claiming that New Orleanians are all criminals?

Only a complete moron would think I implied ALL people from New Orleans are criminals.

After reading some of your posts... it doesn't surprise me.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyJeff;1211634 said:
What's this "we" stuff???? You have ownership stock in the team?

C'mon man. Every fan says "We" when they're talking about their favorite football team. I bet the majority of us Cowboys fans says "WE" when we're talking about Cowboys.

mambo

Reaction score
Romo lighting up the 29th Ranked Cardinals, 24th ranked Commanders, 23rd ranked Giants, 21st ranked Bucs doesn't impress me. I'll give him the Panthers and Colts games, he did look good.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
mambo;1212553 said:
Romo lighting up the 29th Ranked Cardinals, 24th ranked Commanders, 23rd ranked Giants, 21st ranked Bucs doesn't impress me. I'll give him the Panthers and Colts games, he did look good.

well your supposta light up the bad teams and still beat the good teams :)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
mambo;1212553 said:

At least Romo has actually beaten a team with a winning record. The Saints are the West Virginia of the NFL......go play somebody will ya....jeez

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Saints fans talking trash.......this is hilarious :laugh1:

superpunk

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1212255 said:
WOW......did that take like an hour to type???

After reading that it sounds like we are playing the second coming of Lombardi's Packers.

Lets take a look at those stats you seem so high about.

Total offense: Saints #1, Dallas #4

Total Defense: Saints #12, Dallas #7

So your "greatest show on turf" gains only about 25 ypg more than us. However, our defense gives up about 25 ypg less than you guys.

Matchup looks pretty even to me, you are defiently not Lombardi's Packers coming into town, regardless of your thesis.:)

Since yardage doesn't win games - here's the points breakdown

Points scored - Dallas #2 (27.7) New Orleans #5(25.8)

Points allowed - Dallas #7 (18.2) New Orleans #17 (20.9)

New Orleans defense has allowed that total while only going up against two teams in the top 10 in scoring - Philly and Cincinatti. They allowed both to meet or exceed their season average in scoring for the game.

Dallas has acquired that ranking by playing 3 teams in the top 10 four times. They slipped up against Philly and New York early, but we're all aware that this team is much different than the Bledsoe team. Since Romo's taken control of the offense (helping the defense) we've allowed 20 points only twice, and have held Indy to about half their season average.

Football outsiders came out with their new comprehensive statistical rankings today - Dallas is the #1 team, with the #5 offense and the #4 defense. New Orleans is ranked 11th, with the #7 defense and the #24 offense. This should be a laugher.