Get To Know The New Orleans Saints

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
AmadeoV;1211525 said:
Well, the Saints put up 375 yards on the 49ers, who have given up an average of 340 yards per game. The Saints are averaging just over 400 yards per game.

Would you like to point out how this somehow wasn't "high-powered"? Deuce had 26 carries for 136 yards and Reggie Bush had 9 catches for 131 yards and a TD and added 10 carries for 37 yards and 3 TDs.

Dallas had 365 yards of offense against the Giants, who give up an average of 324 per game.

Seems like both teams did pretty well then, right? Think before you blurt.

Are you really trying to compare the Giants to the 49ers?

AmadeoV

Reaction score
superpunk;1211549 said:
Trust me, we're all terribly impressed with your team's performance against the 49ers, and your most excellent use of the word "hubris". What's not impressive, is the attitude you've rolled up in here with attempting to degrade an entire site, which you've had but a small sampling of. You would have no idea what I'm a bastion of, since you have no time here. Some other saints fans have come here and we;ve had some nice give and take. Mostly because they didn't act like pricks.

My apologies for the offensive language.

I was in no way "attempting to degrade an entire site," and it's nice that you can actually show some measure of decorum and respond to a post with anything besides your delightful earlier comment.

I've seen some posts on here which were just entirely without merit and others where people (including one of your moderators) just didn't seem to think at all before they posted (re: the "criminals" comment and the later response accusing racism). I don't think that it was bad of me to post anything that involves statistics to back up opinion, especially when the person that posted the initial post didn't seem to think through what he typed at ALL.

Believe me, I have problems with ANY poster on ANY board who seemingly has no forethought about what he is typing and is unable to utilize any sort of factual basis to support his opinions.

AmadeoV

Reaction score
Doomsday;1211580 said:
Are you really trying to compare the Giants to the 49ers?

Giants:
Passing yards per game - 218.5 (23rd)
Rushing yards per game - 105.0 (11th)
Total Yards per game - 324 (15th)
3rd down % - 46.2% (30th)

49ers:
Passing yards per game - 218.4 (22nd)
Rushing yards per game - 122.0 (21st)
Total Yards per game - 340 (22nd)
3rd down % - 46.5% (31st)

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
AmadeoV;1211611 said:
Giants:
Passing yards per game - 218.5 (23rd)
Rushing yards per game - 105.0 (11th)
Total Yards per game - 324 (15th)
3rd down % - 46.2% (30th)

49ers:
Passing yards per game - 218.4 (22nd)
Rushing yards per game - 122.0 (21st)
Total Yards per game - 340 (22nd)
3rd down % - 46.5% (31st)

Works for me. LOL

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1211345 said:
The Saints are the Cowboys of 2003. Good team with an easy schedule that will make a quick first round exit
I think you are on the right track here.

On balance, I think the Saints are a bit better than the 2003 Cowboys (much better on offense, but not as good on defense), but it isn't like the Saints have much of anything in the way of quality wins.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210106 said:
.....Yes my friends in Dallas, the Saints are for real. We have the number one offense in the NFL and we are going to take the greatest show on turf to Dallas. ......

What's this "we" stuff???? You have ownership stock in the team?

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1211634 said:
What's this "we" stuff???? You have ownership stock in the team?

Nol Texas Tuna, I have naked pictures of Benson and Rick Venturi.
Saints fans will get that.

Aikbach

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1211639 said:
Nol Texas Tuna, I have naked pictures of Benson and Rick Venturi.
Saints fans will get that.
Inside jones among but a handful of people usually will go over the heads of others. I'm glad that all five of you have a sense of humor.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210123 said:
....Peyton is coach of the year.....quote]

Here's to hoping Peyton calls the offensive plays this weekend. He never had a real feel for play calling in clutch situations. That's been his real weakness throughout his coaching career.

AmadeoV

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1211650 said:
SaintsFanMan;1210123 said:
....Peyton is coach of the year.....quote]

Here's to hoping Peyton calls the offensive plays this weekend. He never had a real feel for play calling in clutch situations. That's been his real weakness throughout his coaching career.

I have a feeling that Payton will call the plays this weekend, considering he has all year.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210106 said:
..WE ARE NOT YOUR FATHERS SAINTS TEAM.

Let's hope you're right. "Your father's" Saints team actually made it to the playoffs in the '90s. :lmao2: If your Saints team is different, they will fail.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Talent-wise, we're better than the Saints. But that's been the case the past few times we've played them, and they've beaten us.

For some reason, the Saints have had our number the past 10 years.

I like what the Saints have done. And it's nice to see some "Saints Fans" come to talk.

But if Thomas, Smith, Colston, and Horn are out, then I don't know how the Saints can hope to beat us.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I know the saints have beat us the last 4 times we have played them in the regular season. I would love for that streak to end Sunday.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
If Barber gets most of the carries i believe we win because he will do a good job of keeping the Saints offense of the field and we will mix it up with great PA to our awesome receivers. If Jones gets a lot of carries then it will be a very close game because he just looks slower than bledslow out there and will cause a lot of 3rd and longs

hatch burrito

Reaction score
Whats up all, another Saints fan here, but not quite so cocky this week. You'll be seeing us without our starting receivers and our two best d-linemen. Bush is dinged up too. Our best hope is to slam you with Deuce and throwing it to Devery and hoping he learned how to hold on to the ball. Not sure how thats going to work out. But if the Commanders beat you (ha!) I suppose we can too. Regardless of how this game turns out, hope to mop the floor with you in the playoffs. Cheers

Aikbach

Reaction score
hatch burrito;1211731 said:
Whats up all, another Saints fan here, but not quite so cocky this week. You'll be seeing us without our starting receivers and our two best d-linemen. Bush is dinged up too. Our best hope is to slam you with Deuce and throwing it to Devery and hoping he learned how to hold on to the ball. Not sure how thats going to work out. But if the Commanders beat you (ha!) I suppose we can too. Regardless of how this game turns out, hope to mop the floor with you in the playoffs. Cheers
Pretty cocky, Texas Stadium, Dallas Cowboys, injured Saints, primetime game. Saints will play hard but be overwhelmed by greatness and moxie....Romo style= Texas Style, no beans.

Bizwah

Reaction score
hatch burrito;1211731 said:

Yeah, the Commander game still haunts us.

But, the last year we won the Super Bowl (1995-1996), the Commanders swept us. They didn't even make the playoffs that year, IIRC.

Honestly, with all the injuries you've suffered, combined with the game being at Texas Stadium, points to a Cowboy win.

But stranger things have happened. Games are played for a reason. I think this will be another tough game for us. Every team gets up for the Cowboys. I think Bush and McAllister will be tough to stop...considering our run defense has been spotty lately.

hatch burrito

Reaction score
Yeah I lived in DC half my life so I know as well as ya'll that the outcomes of those games rarely have to do with how good the teams are. Still couldn't resist though.

You have to realize though that at some point Romo's going to have a god awful game. All young QBs do. I'm just hoping it'll be against us.

I'm most worried about whoever your X receiver is. Fred Thomas has been getting toasted all year and either one of your starters can kill him. McKenzie on the other hand has been shutting guys down all year.