Get to know the three Zone members we're sending to TO's camp

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't say it is a chance of a lifetime.......but it is a rare opportunity. Make the most of it. Memories are forever.

icyhot

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Dawgs0916 and Cowboyeric8 took the time to tell us a little about themselves. Each of their bios is in the Members Zone.

Feel free to take a look and get to know who's going to rep the Zone for TO. :)

Dawgs0916
http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55883http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=871057#post871057

Cowboyeric8
http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55884
This is why I love there zone. We just don't report it but we go inside the huddle for in depth information

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Don't want to rain on the 'this is a terriffic idea' parade, but sending kids to a TO camp is a bad idea IMO.

TO is no hero I want my kid looking up to now or at any time.

Why not send them to a camp being run by a player who is a good teammate or by a player who signs a contract and honors it or by a player who doesn't use ESPN to ruin his teams season or by a player who isn't the most self centered sports figure on the planet.

There are plenty of football camps in the Dallas area, Jay Novacek runs one every year - link, that don't have the name Terrell Owens in the title yet no one wanted to send them to one of those camps.

How quickly we forget what TO is all about once he signed up to be a Dallas Cowboy. Not only do you want them to attend this camp, but then you want them to report back about how great it was once they return from the camp.

TO is a hero, TO is a hero, TO is a hero will ring out in the streets...

Until he shows his true colors sometime during this season.

Just my opinion and I hope it is respected by my fellow Dallas Cowboy fans.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic said:
Don't want to rain on the 'this is a terriffic idea' parade, but sending kids to a TO camp to me is a bad idea.

Why not send them to a camp being run by a player who is a good teammate or by a player who signs a contract and honors it or by a player who doesn't use ESPN to ruin his teams season or by a player who isn't the most self centered sports figure on the planet.

There are plenty of football camps in the Dallas area, Jay Novacek runs one every year - link, that don't have the name Terrell Owens in the title yet no one wanted to send them to one of those camps.

How quickly we forget what TO is all about once he signed up to be a Dallas Cowboy. Not only do you want them to attend this camp, but then you want them to report back about how great it was once they return from the camp.

:)

http://img127.*************/img127/706/wahburger8cv.jpg

Hiero

Reaction score
right... worthless post, I think it's a great idea. seems like this guy juts wants to promote his own site.

dcfanatic said:
Don't want to rain on the 'this is a terriffic idea' parade, but sending kids to a TO camp is a bad idea IMO.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BigD,

That's all you got for me. How about a response that makes me take a different view on this whole idea.

Guess my little 'cry' was right on point and all you had was some cheesy, pun intended, jpeg of a burger and fries.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hiero said:
right... worthless post, I think it's a great idea. seems like this guy juts wants to promote his own site.

The hell with my site. What I was trying to promote was teaching our kids to be something other than a 'TO'. Your probably one of those guys that hated him as an Eagle and a 49er because he was a moron, but now that he's a Cowboy you want your kids looking up to this schmuck.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic said:
BigD,

That's all you got for me. How about a response that makes me take a different view on this whole idea.

Guess my little 'cry' was right on point and all you had was some cheesy, pun intended, jpeg of a burger and fries.

Why should anyone respond? Don't pretend you are open to taking a different view because we all know thats BS, your mind is made up and there will be no way to change it. So continue to whine. The people of this site done a GREAT thing for 3 lucky young men, and you have to come on here and spew anti TO BS. Do us all a favor and delete your post and save it for a relevant TO thread

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Why should anyone respond? Don't pretend you are open to taking a different view because we all know thats BS, your mind is made up and there will be no way to change it. So continue to whine. The people of this site done a GREAT thing for 3 lucky young men, and you have to come on here and spew anti TO BS. Do us all a favor and delete your post and save it for a relevant TO thread

So TO is the only game in town as far as football camps go huh?

Maybe you should think bigger picture sintead of getting your jollies off the three text lines your gonna read about when these kids get back and start talking about how great the camp was because it was 'TO camp'.

Why not send them to Novaceks camp. He was a Cowboy for a lot longer than TO who hasn't even put the helmet on yet. Oh, maybe it's because your already duped into the 'i love TO because he's on ESPN all day everyday'.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic said:
So TO is the only game in town as far as football camps go huh?

Maybe you should think bigger picture sintead of getting your jollies off the three text lines your gonna read about when these kids get back and start talking about how great the camp was because it was 'TO camp'.

Why not send them to Novaceks camp. He was a Cowboy for a lot longer than TO who hasn't even put the helmet on yet. Oh, maybe it's because your already duped into the 'i love TO because he's on ESPN all day everyday'.

Who cares what football camps are out there? It is THIS ONE that was chosen, just because YOU don;t like it is no reason to come into this thread and start spewing garbage. Who cares what 3 lines they bring back? It is a GREAT thing for THEM. Not YOU not ME, but THEM. They wanted to do this and the board responded and sent them. Again there is no need for you to come into this thread and start your anti TO BS, honestly nobody cares about your feelings on him, and nobody cares how you feel about the board sending these kids to the footbal camp. This is a GOOD thing the people of this board did for those young men, and your nonsense shouldnt be injected into it.

As for being "duped" I was the first on this board to wear a button in my sig saying "Say no to TO", but we signed him and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I will not sit here and whine because the men in charge of the team did what they thought was best for the TEAM. So again save your ridiculous TO is the devil rants for a relevant thread instead of trying to put a black mark on a GOOD thing that was done by the people on this board.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I am sorry to have visited your message board BigD. I guess I asumed since I was a member I could post my opinion like everyone else does. I didn't know you were the 'law' around here.

After I stated my opinion you responded with drivel in the form of a corny picture. Why respond to my post at all if this wasn't about YOU? Why not just read my post and then move on. I guess because you wanted to state your opinion on my opinion. They call that the 'pot calling the kettle black'.

You act as if I said the idea of sending kids to a football camp was a bad idea. That wasnt the case whatsoever. I posted an opinion about maybe sending them to a camp being run by someone who was seen in a more positive light by society as a whole. I even posted a sentence at the end asking that my post be respected, which you obviously didn't, because you tried to belittle me with your wahburger.

My point being that I would rather these kids be looking up to someone who they might learn something from that could help them be better people down the line in life. You kinda missed the point.

I am done with this thread. Go send your kids to 'TO camps' and when they turn out like a TO somewhere later in life have fun interacting with them.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
dcfanatic said:
I am done with this thread. Go send your kids to 'TO camps' and when they turn out like a TO somewhere later in life have fun interacting with them.

:rolleyes:

Some people just love to twist anything.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dcfanatic said:
I am sorry to have visited your message board BigD. I guess I asumed since I was a member I could post my opinion like everyone else does. I didn't know you were the 'law' around here.

Nobody said you weren't allowed an opinion just to post it in a relevant thread instead of trying to marr a good thing the members of the community have done. So lets add drama queen to your title now.

After I stated my opinion you responded with drivel in the form of a corny picture. Why respond to my post at all if this wasn't about YOU? Why not just read my post and then move on. I guess because you wanted to state your opinion on my opinion. They call that the 'pot calling the kettle black'.

I put the picture because it was an accurate portrayal of your post. This thread was not about TO, it was not about you, it was not about me. This thread is about those 3 young men. Yet you came in and have attemted to ruin it.

You act as if I said the idea of sending kids to a football camp was a bad idea. That wasnt the case whatsoever. I posted an opinion about maybe sending them to a camp being run by someone who was seen in a more positive light by society as a whole. I even posted a sentence at the end asking that my post be respected, which you obviously didn't, because you tried to belittle me with your wahburger.

This was not the thread for you to input your opinion of TO, how hard is that to understand? This thread is about the three members of the board. As I have said repeatedly put your post in any other anti TO thread or Pro TO thread and I gloss over it. You had no reason to make your post other than to denigrate TO and in turn denigrate what the members of the board did for the 3 boys by sponsoring them, Other than that and to try and hock your website your post was worthless.

My point being that I would rather these kids be looking up to someone who they might learn something from that could help them be better people down the line in life. You kinda missed the point.

It's not a life camp, its a football camp, do you think that TO will be talking about contracts and relationships with QBs?? Football camp is not about being a better person its about football.

More drama queen stuff. So am I reading right you think a day or 2 at football camp will shape these guys for the rest of their lives? Are you really so gullible that you think TO speaking to these young men will ruin them forever? If that is what you believe I tru;y feel sorry for you.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Hey just to put some light into this conversation.

I want to thank all of the people who sponsored us.

But anyway, I know without even meeting the 2 other men I will be attending this camp with that we are old enough and smart enough to not follow the example that TO has set previously in the NFL.

Trust me, I don't like TO, but I'll give him a chance and see what happens. And does anybody really know what TO is like away from all the media and the NFL.

We are mainly going to better our "football" skills and maybe pick-up a few friends from it.

I know I am going to act in life, and nobody can sway me either way, exspecially the the self-obsessed TO.

So thanks again for all of you that are sponsoring us.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Nobody said you weren't allowed an opinion just to post it in a relevant thread instead of trying to marr a good thing the members of the community have done. So lets add drama queen to your title now.

Who are you to tell me where to post anything? Drama queen? How about I saw a topic which I didn't think was such a 'good thing' which I thought was ok since it's my opinion. You must be one of those thick headed people who say 'well it's just my opinion, but I am correct in my opinion', lol.

I put the picture because it was an accurate portrayal of your post. This thread was not about TO, it was not about you, it was not about me. This thread is about those 3 young men. Yet you came in and have attemted to ruin it.

Accurate in your pea headed mind I guess. Three young men who are going to a TO sponsored football camp, duh. I bet the exact thought that went through your mind was 'it's just a football camp dude'.

This was not the thread for you to input your opinion of TO, how hard is that to understand? This thread is about the three members of the board. As I have said repeatedly put your post in any other anti TO thread or Pro TO thread and I gloss over it. You had no reason to make your post other than to denigrate TO and in turn denigrate what the members of the board did for the 3 boys by sponsoring them, Other than that and to try and hock your website your post was worthless.

My opinion was about the idea of people sponsoring them to a TO camp rather than a "Jay Novacek type' camp. What, it wouldn't be just as good of a notion if the kids went to a Novacek camp? Get off the hock my webiste BS, if that was the case I would have 40,000 posts on here like you. Instead I have less than 100. Do the math.

It's not a life camp, its a football camp, do you think that TO will be talking about contracts and relationships with QBs?? Football camp is not about being a better person its about football.

Anything 15 year old kids do shapes them in life. Especially when they get to interact with people in society that we put on pedestals. How many 15 year olds do you have? How many do you even know? Your 28 so I am guessing none unless your a teacher or a youth counselor. i doubt either one of them is on your resume.

More drama queen stuff. So am I reading right you think a day or 2 at football camp will shape these guys for the rest of their lives? Are you really so gullible that you think TO speaking to these young men will ruin them forever? If that is what you believe I truly feel sorry for you.

How gullible are you that two 15 year olds getting to go to a 'TO Camp' is going to make a huge impression on them. Have you ever gone to one? Every kid walking out of there will want to be Terrell Owens. This isn't the local yocal camp at the community rec center bro.

As far as me trying to ruin it for anyone, that was far from the case. In the first place it's up to the parents to decide if they are allowed to go. if they say yes then these kids can go live with TO for all I care.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:

But anyway, I know without even meeting the 2 other men I will be attending this camp with that we are old enough and smart enough to not follow the example that TO has set previously in the NFL.

Trust me, I don't like TO, but I'll give him a chance and see what happens. And does anybody really know what TO is like away from all the media and the NFL.

We are mainly going to better our "football" skills and maybe pick-up a few friends from it.

I know I am going to act in life, and nobody can sway me either way, exspecially the the self-obsessed TO.

Have fun, we all know you will.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:

Hey,

I was not trying to ruin the chance for you to go to a football camp by any means. I was just stating that I wouldn't want kids looking up to a 'TO type'. I am happy to hear that you don't want to be like him. Be you bro.

As far as you saying that the other two guys are smart enough to know not to be a TO, well I hope that's the case. If not then try to sway them in your way of thinking. Have fun and I hope you get some good football knowledge from this opportunity.

Maybe we can even work on something where we also send you guys to the Jay Novacek camp and have you compare the two. Now that's a huge if and it's only one man's thought, but we can see if the idea floats. Have to see if the schedules conflict and all that good stuff.

Again, hope I didn't seem like I was trying to ruin the opportunity for you to go to a football camp.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
My son is one of the three that the Zoners were kind enough to sponsor. (Thank you SO much!)

Understand a couple of things...1) We are a military family. That means we don't usually have the kind of bread it takes to do all the things we'd like to do. The fact that the Zone sponsored my boy to ANY football camp is an almost unbelievable honor. (I guess I'm trying to say that beggars can't be choosers)

2) My son is a great kid. I can't tell you how many times people that have met him have later remarked to me "Wow, your son has such good manners." or "He's a very polite young man...I bet you are proud." Yes, I am.

He is an A student in school and he goes out of his way to help his teammates and other people. He wants football knowledge from guys who know. He knows I think TO is a jerk but I told him just be respectful and learn all you can. Being exposed to Owens for two days will NOT change the fiber of my son.

Again, thank you Zoners. My boy wouldn't have an opportunity to attend any kind of camp but for the generosity you have shown.