Get Your Chin Off The Floor

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
OK, Barber is out. But that is not a deal breaker.

This game comes down to a few small aspects.

I don't care about their vaunted defense. We are very close in defensive power. We lead the league in sacks or are second.

This comes down to offense.

They have a porous offensive line that will be susceptible to sacks. Our line has proven to be a better line. Rothlesberger has twice the sacks as Romo. Romo Is ellusive. Big Ben will go down.

Their running game - even though there are those that are trembling - will not gin on this day. So that puts us even. Because we will stop that part of their game.

Look for Garrett to keep a TE in for blocking and running crossing routes. I suspect he will also use a bunch formation with the WR and try to confuse them.

This comes down to protecting Romo and giving him time to pass. In the big scheme of things, we have the advantage.

We will get to Big Ben.
We will protect Romo.
We have a running game at some point.
Screw the snow.
Screw the field.
Screw the talking heads.
Screw the Steelers.

We are going to win this game because we have the better offense.

BigR

Reaction score
i really dont see us winning without barber and jones...having to rely on a 3rd string rb

the good news however...i really believe the next 3 games are wins=11-5 rercord and a playoff spot

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
As long as Garrett doesn't abandon the run game, we'll be fine. If we become one dimensional though, we lose by 10+. The defense is going to have to create turnovers tomorrow for us to win.

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2464154 said:

I don't care about their vaunted defense. We are very close in defensive power. We lead the league in sacks or are second.

They have a porous offensive line that will be susceptible to sacks. Our line has proven to be a better line. Rothlesberger has twice the sacks as Romo. Romo Is ellusive. Big Ben will go down.

Their running game - even though there are those that are trembling - will not gin on this day. So that puts us even. Because we will stop that part of their game.

Look for Garrett to keep a TE in for blocking and running crossing routes. I suspect he will also use a bunch formation with the WR and try to confuse them.

This comes down to protecting Romo and giving him time to pass. In the big scheme of things, we have the advantage.

We will get to Big Ben.
We will protect Romo.
Screw the snow.
Screw the field.
Screw the talking heads.
Screw the Steelers.

Wow! There are some smart people on this board! Great post!

Mansta54

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2464154 said:

We will get to Big Ben.
We will protect Romo.
Screw the snow.
Screw the field.
Screw the talking heads.
Screw the Steelers.

Excellent post!!!!! I've been saying this all week. They will not move the ball against our D and we will be all over Ben. Romo will slide and buy time as our recievers get open... Our run game will be better then theirs even with TC starting cause their oline is terrible and Parker and Moore will have nowhere to run.. We're gonna win this game..

Kevinicus

Reaction score
masomenos85;2464184 said:
As long as Garrett doesn't abandon the run game, we'll be fine. If we become one dimensional though, we lose by 10+. The defense is going to have to create turnovers tomorrow for us to win.

I disagree. I kind of see this game going a lot like that Chicago game last year. Don't worry about the run early, focus on pass protection and just let Romo free.

Once we get up on them, then we can turn the pass rush loose on Ben and eat some clock with the run mixed in, but we'll stay on their throat.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
BigR;2464166 said:
i really dont see us winning without barber and jones...having to rely on a 3rd string rb

the good news however...i really believe the next 3 games are wins=11-5 rercord and a playoff spot

3rd string a a relative term... He has yet to prove to you that he is noting less than a serviceable rookie RB with a great future in Dallas.

Hell, how many RBs can call themselves anything more than 3rd string with the likes of Felix and MB3 filing out the rest of the position..

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2464154 said:

We will get to Big Ben.
We will protect Romo.
Screw the snow.
Screw the field.
Screw the talking heads.
Screw the Steelers.

Cowboys are 2nd and Steelers first If I am not mistaken. You would think with so many threads about how much our defense sucks we would be having so many sacks. It's going to be hard fought game and with MB out it's going to be that much tougher. Choice better come out on fire against the number 1 defense otherwise there will be a lot of bust threads.

Mansta54

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2464224 said:
I disagree. I kind of see this game going a lot like that Chicago game last year. Don't worry about the run early, focus on pass protection and just let Romo free.

Once we get up on them, then we can turn the pass rush loose on Ben and eat some clock with the run mixed in, but we'll stay on their throat.

This is exactly what our game plan will be. We will throw early and often also while the field is still in good shape. We'll get up on them then start running the ball as we go after statue Ben....

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Mansta54;2464233 said:
This is exactly what our game plan will be. We will throw early and often also while the field is still in good shape. We'll get up on them then start running the ball as we go after statue Ben....

I have only seen one steeler game this season but wasn't moving around the pocket and being hard to bring down his strength? Is he that hurt or just getting old or ?

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2464224 said:

The difference is, Chicago had a bad defense last year, Pitt. has the best D in the league.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Walker;2464239 said:
I have only seen one steeler game this season but wasn't moving around the pocket and being hard to bring down his strength? Is he that hurt or just getting old or ?

No, he isn't getting old, his oline is terrible. He's one of, if not, the most sacked QB in the league but nobody is talking about that.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
jwhardin;2464266 said:
I think the difference in the game could be Bennett

You know, I could definitely see that happening. Tomlin wasn't lying when he said that Harrison and Woodley were "squatty, try hard guys". They could really struggle against someone as athletic as Bennett. I definitely feel more comfortable having Bennett instead of Fasano.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Mansta54;2464254 said:
No, he isn't getting old, his oline is terrible. He's one of, if not, the most sacked QB in the league but nobody is talking about that.

He also holds on to the football a little too long.

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
I dont understand why some folks are putting down Choice, his pedigree is the same as Barber's, both were 4th rd picks and both came from big time programs, you can argue Choice played against tougher competition than Barber. He isn't some street free agent.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;2464184 said:

I highly doubt their offense is good enough to blow us out. No matter what we do on offense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;2464224 said:

I was going to post this exact thought, but then didn't b/c of the way the season turned out for Chicago last year after week (3, was it?). I remember prior to that game, Miami's front 7 talking about how elusive Romo was in week 2, and that Zach Thomas (I think) commented to Urlacher (I think) something to the effect of 'good luck bringing that QB down.' The quote came out after the game, when the Bears were in disbelief that Romo negated much of their rush and kept the drives alive singlehandedly.

Having a QB who can basically eliminate the first free passrusher is a huge benefit in this game. As long as he's careful with the ball, too.