Get Your Chin Off The Floor

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Ok, Barber's out. Yes, we must play well on the o-line, pick up the blitz, the defense must make Big Dumb miserable, and we absolutley must be solid in special teams.

But above all else, we have #9. I believe very much in our quarterback, especially tomorrow. And that is why we will win this game.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I want to get back to last year where we used the passing game extensively to wear down the opposing defenses, then keep spreading them out and run draws and quick hitters to Choice.

BTW, I don't think that if we lose it will be the end to our playoff hopes, but when we win tomorrow I feel it will get the adrenaline rushing and motivate the team to hand it to the Giants, Eagles and Ravens.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2464765 said:
Now, THAT is an amazing statistic.

Is that for reals?

Tony Romo 9 games 8 sacks
Brad John. 3 games 8 sacks
Ben Roeth. 12 games 33 sacks

Considering Brad Johnson is no Ben Roeth. he still would have one less sack under the cowboys o-line. The steelers weakness is in their o-line. Tony Romo gets the ball out quick, avoids the sack, takes chances, even though there are a lot of complaints about his turnovers. That was of course until he was injured and everyone was "sorry."

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The weather definitely takes a bullet out of the chamber, but if Garrett is to make his mark as an offensive mind, its games like this that vault you into higher status.

Inclement weather slows down the game, and not having Barber possibly, or hobbled is bad news, but it doesn't have to be totally defeating.

Starting a rookie Choice and practice squad coleman is even more reason. Neither can be relied upon or expected to be as profcient picking up the blocking assignments in the backfield, as well as MB3
had provided.

An adjustment is in order Sunday, and its not something this offense hasn't been using successfully the last few weeks either.

Give the Steelers tough D a nice healthy dose of our 2 TE set, all day long.

Witten has been lining up in the backfield and moving around well since they started using this set, and thats why I really feel that using 2TE is the right call. I just trust Witten a bit more than Choice/Coleman on passing downs.

Bennett has proven to be a worthy and competent component when paired with our all pro Witten.

This might be the best 2 TE set in the entire league, and it will be the perfect storm,,, no pun intended,, to really open it up.

Ball control and T.O.P. , solid play from the D, and an occasional deep toss after Romo has sucked up the safeties, could be the right call from Garrett.