GGG vs Canelo?

robbieruff

Reaction score
lol. Interesting fight. Will be a good one. Take the bigger guy. Sometimes its not who is the best pitcher but who is the best catcher. Take the Russian.
Yeah...I think Alvarez's defense is suspect and I think he's going to get caught with some vicious counters once GGG figures out his timing. Canelo has the advantage of being the younger fighter though so that may give him a punchers chance if GGG somehow acts his age.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Tell you what...GGG and Alverez sparred together before and know each others basic styles. GGG has a good chin and will try to keep Canelo on the ropes. Yes, the advantage in age is worth considering. Alvarez will have to outbox and outthink the Russian to win and that's possible...but difficult considering his rough and tough style. No matter what, these boys will come to fight and the fans are in for a great show. I am a Canelo fan...just don't like him in this matchup.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Has Canelo's chin ever really been tested? I don't frankly know...have you ever seen him take any type of hard shot?
He has been in with some decent hitters. Not bigger boys like the Russian. I see where he has bulked up...big mistake..will make him stiff and slower. He needs speed and smarts to win. Too much bulk is a big mistake.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Here you go, my friend :)

Thx sharing trouty!!!! I suppose from the video u can see canelo exchanging some blows with Kirkland. I recall that fight but I don’t remember a moment where I thot Kirkland really caught him (I.e., to test his chin). And yes the GGG fight against Kell Brook saw GGG taking some shots and keep coming forward - albeit from a smaller man in Brook. It’ll be very interesting for me to see who is able to sustain the big blows in this bout. I too believe it’ll be GGG but I think canelo will be a game fighter and try to go for the knockout...which will likely be a mistake. Lol. My money’s on GGG - I’m glad he is finally getting his well deserved big payday.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I got GGG, he is the better fighter and has more power. He is also a master at cutting off the right and getting his opponents stuck on the ropes.

It will be interesting to see how the extra bulk Canelo put on effects his performance as well.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Man I'm getting so pumped for this fight. Should be an all-timer. These guys are made for each other. GGG wants to stalk; Canelo wants to draw him in. GGG will launch thunderous jabs that snap his opponent's head back; Canelo is among the best in the sport at slipping the jab and countering.

So hard to pick a winner. I'm going to against the crowd in this thread. If I have to pick, I'll go with Canelo. I think there's always an advantage in letting the other guy be the aggressor. Then again, wouldn't surprise me in the least to see GGG score the knock out.

One way or another, I think we're in for a real treat tonight gents. Hope you enjoy it as much as I will.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Man I'm getting so pumped for this fight. Should be an all-timer. These guys are made for each other. GGG wants to stalk; Canelo wants to draw him in. GGG will launch thunderous jabs that snap his opponent's head back; Canelo is among the best in the sport at slipping the jab and countering.

So hard to pick a winner. I'm going to against the crowd in this thread. If I have to pick, I'll go with Canelo. I think there's always an advantage in letting the other guy be the aggressor. Then again, wouldn't surprise me in the least to see GGG score the knock out.

One way or another, I think we're in for a real treat tonight gents. Hope you enjoy it as much as I will.
The Russian will be on Alvarez like a chicken on a junebug....

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Styles make fights..and these boys match up perfectly..it will be a dandy. Alvarez needs to be a little quicker and outsmart the Russian. I don't like the fact he bulked up....

Even having bulked up I see him having the advantage in quickness. GGG is a little flat-footed. Meanwhile, I guess Canelo feels he needs the extra bulk in light of GGG's chin.

khiladi

Reaction score

tenor.gif

That's how pumped we are..