Giants 4th overall pick in the draft

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Jumbo075, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Jumbo075

Jumbo075 Well-Known Member

1,476 Messages
    3,544 Likes Received
    There is a better than 50% chance that the Giants first pick of the Garrett OC era will be a Left Tackle, just like his first pick as HC in Dallas was LT Tyron Smith.

2. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

7,549 Messages
    10,767 Likes Received
    followed up by a pedestrian coaching career. Go Giants

ghst187, cowboy_ron and Robbieac like this.
  3. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

19,460 Messages
    45,357 Likes Received
    It's crazy, but seeing Garrett with the Giants almost makes me sad for them. NOT :laugh:

ghst187 and LACowboysFan1 like this.
  4. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

4,455 Messages
    5,245 Likes Received
    I think the Giants will surprise many people for sure they will be better

Northern_Cowboy and Techsass like this.
  5. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

4,336 Messages
    2,716 Likes Received
    Well it's hard to do worse than 4-12! Though the Browns arguably did worse than anybody, from one win to none, lol.

I won't be surprised, with Barkley, if he doesn't repeat injury-wise as your running back and Jones they have the basis for success. Defense was 8th overall last year. They've been down the last few years, are due for some good years....

daboyzruleperiod and The Fonz like this.
  6. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

1,125 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    Crazy that they made Nate Solder the highest paid tackle in the league and now there trying to move on from him.

That's why I laugh when people try to cry about Tyron, in our division alone you have Solder whose the most over-paid player in the NFL, Peters whose super banged up/careers probably done, and Trent Williams who refused to play for the team this year (Yeah Tyron is the one whose "over-rated" :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

95,851 Messages
    21,818 Likes Received
    He is not HC and with a Giants and given they gave up the 3rd worst in points allowed I would not be surprised to see them go defense

8. bb721

bb721 Well-Known Member

825 Messages
    1,068 Likes Received
    That’s what they said when they hired McAdoo. They said it again when they hired Shurmer.

9. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Cowboys Fan since 1949. Zone Supporter

17,771 Messages
    17,711 Likes Received
    I can see them going WR. I can see Garrett pounding the table for Jeudy

10. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

4,455 Messages
    5,245 Likes Received
    True but at this stage as we have a chance to be better they also have the same chance.
    Until the season start we won't know for sure.

11. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member

1,891 Messages
    4,465 Likes Received
    Oddly, I have no feelings one way or the other.

Sure, I thought Garrett was a poor HC and, at best, an average OC. The NFL is notorious for re-cycling it's coaches, so it is no major surprise that he secured another job.

To be honest, I am looking forward to seeing him clapping on the Giant's sidelines.

Buzzbait likes this.
  12. LACowboysFan1

4,336 Messages
    2,716 Likes Received
    Since Garretts so new to the Giants I don't know how much input he'll have on draft picks...

13. mardwin

mardwin Well-Known Member

2,941 Messages
    4,377 Likes Received
    Giants have issues on both sides of the football. Their approach will be BPA doubt they would reach for an OL unless his grade is top 10.

14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

95,851 Messages
    21,818 Likes Received
    Yeah and so is Joe Judge the HC. I'm sure Giants will draft an OL but it may be 2nd rd. I think they will want to being in an impact player on defense like a Chase Young if he is there or top WR for Jones.

15. LACowboysFan1

4,336 Messages
    2,716 Likes Received
    Chase Young isn't likely to be there at no. 4, Redskins were 27th overall in defense and the worst in the league in 3rd downs given up, where pressure on the quarterback is so important. I think maybe Judge and Garrett will be greatly influenced by Gettlemen, the Giants 2019 draft was rated no. 4 by PFF (which most people here see as the holy grail of NFL evaluators, though I don't), so the new guys may let Gettlemen take the heat if they botch the draft, these days coaches don't get a lot of slack, one or two bad seasons and they're out the door.

As always, though, the draft will have a few surprises, but then again if there's always surprises that in itself means you can't count of anything being as we think!

Techsass likes this.
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

22,836 Messages
    9,183 Likes Received
    The Giants would be stupid to actually make a pick at #4 and not trade down.

17. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆

19,460 Messages
    45,357 Likes Received
    Give him time. He will be.

18. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

28,663 Messages
    21,150 Likes Received
    No way Giants take a tackle that high.

19. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

10,596 Messages
    5,565 Likes Received
    when you hit rock bottom, no where to go but up....
    But with JG, they will never be better than .500