Giants acquiring TE Darren Waller for a 3rd round pick

CWR

Reaction score
I think Waller has played 5 games in the last two years and maybe 12 in the last 3. Or something that ridiculous.

You're right, he's likely on the downside of his career @30, and with a hefty contract.

I didn't initially think he was so old because he only blew up 3 or 4 years ago. He has a story though.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're right, he's likely on the downside of his career @30, and with a hefty contract.

I didn't initially think he was so old because he only blew up 3 or 4 years ago. He has a story though.
Giants appear to be going for it and I think they are making all bad decisions. Going for it being one of them.

Jones, Barkley, Waller? Barkley and Waller are on the all injury team. All 3 are on the overpaid team.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. Waller is 30
2. Waller had 1,100 yard seasons in 2019-2020
3. Last 2 seasons, 2021-2022, Waller hasn’t played much more than Tyron Smith. 10 games per

We shall see if he can stay healthy.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Damn, that's a great addition. Why weren't we in on this?

EDIT: nm, I saw his contract and age. Now I know why we weren't in on it.
I’m not opening up the bubbly stuff yet…..he is 30 and has not been healthy the last two years. Plus, we always seem to be in the top 5 of teams with players losing games.

But, on the more optimistic side of the coin……thinking about the possibility of him being healthy thus makes this trade ….Toney for Waller and a 6th round pick. I can live with that.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Giants' good news: they're getting Darren Waller.

Giants' bad news: they think Daniel Jones is great after one season in which he wasn't horrible.
I was on the fence last year about Jones…..but he showed me enough to be on his bandwagon….especially considering the lack of talent they surrounded him with. Do you believe our best WR was a guy we poached off of the Bills PS after game 4? I will be interested in seeing him have a few more toys to play with…..like Waller and I’m hearing NY is going after Jeudy. Plus, I absolutely love Jones’ athleticism and that he is able to run for 1st downs on 3rd down plays with no one open. Hopefully with a healthy Waller and possibly Jeudy, he won’t have to do that as often. I can hope, can’t I? Lol

Kumbaya

Reaction score
1. Waller is 30
2. Waller had 1,100 yard seasons in 2019-2020
3. Last 2 seasons, 2021-2022, Waller hasn’t played much more than Tyron Smith. 10 games per

We shall see if he can stay healthy.
100% agree….not a given…….

Kumbaya

Reaction score
yes, Waller is a beast to have to contend with.
Dude can really manuever and move with athleticism and size.

Don't understand why Daniels is giving up on him.
He's gonna do a Chuckie Gruden and get rid of all leftovers and it will eventually cost him his job.
Maybe because Has only played 14 games the last 2 years…..or maybe because his salary is 11 M.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys/Washington battling for 3rd next year.
Have no fear by May the homers here will have us winning the division and Superbowl bound.
Love what they're doing on defense so far but the problem of our offensive woes will continue to keep us underachieving......:facepalm:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Have no fear by May the homers here will have us winning the division and Superbowl bound.
Love what they're doing on defense so far but the problem of our offensive woes will continue to keep us underachieving......:facepalm:
The defense was fine last year.

It's the offense that's the problem.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Gilmore is exactly, to the month, 2 years older than TE Darren Waller. Our fans just love what they don’t have and moan about what they do have.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hide under the bed?

I welcome the failure for the Cowboys. A few last place years would be best for this organization.
You are slipping brother, it's never all doom and gloom.
Jump back in the game my friend, its entertaining at least.