Giants And Lavar Not On Same Page

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
GIANTS AND LAVAR
NOT ON SAME PAGE

By PAUL SCHWARTZ
NY Post

April 6, 2006 -- Given his pedigree, it was not likely linebacker LaVar Arrington would make it into the month of April without hooking on with a new team. But that is the case, a sure sign the player is seeking more money than anyone is willing to spend.
The Giants have real interest in Arrington but have engaged in no real substantive talks with his agents since making an offer three weeks ago.

Arrington and his family paid a visit to the Giants in the second week of March, dined with coach Tom Coughlin, GM Ernie Accorsi and linebacker Antonio Pierce, Arrington's former teammate with the Commanders.

Arrington met the Giant coaching staff but did not take a physical or work out for the team. After the visit, the framework of a contract proposal was presented to Arrington's agents, Carl and Kevin Poston. It was considerably less money than what the Postons were seeking.

Since then, little has changed, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Reports that a deal with the Giants is close or even imminent are not accurate.

The Giants have not announced they have ceased negotiations or taken their offer off the table - a statement they made last year with Plaxico Burress before he eventually signed - but the difference in the contract offered and sought is so great that there is not much to talk about. The Dolphins, Jaguars and Bengals are also interested, but not at Arrington's price.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Does it not seem that every NFCE team except for the Boys.. Are having all types of craziness happening (in a negative way) during this offseason? Just goes to show you that America's Team is the classiest organization in our conference.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Arrington is another play like T.O., if you don't pay him enough to make him happy then you will encounter huge problems.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
wesleyc288 said:
He's Not going to get the money he wants.....The Postons are ignorant
Yep, Poston clients never get what they want:laugh2:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Funxva said:
Does it not seem that every NFCE team except for the Boys.. Are having all types of craziness happening (in a negative way) during this offseason? Just goes to show you that America's Team is the classiest organization in our conference.

Now, how in the world does the fact that the Giants do not want to pay Arrington what he wants make them a classless organization?

And how does the Cowboys signing a guy like TO make them a Classy Organization?

Funxva

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Now, how in the world does the fact that the Giants do not want to pay Arrington what he wants make them a classless organization?

I should have clarified myself more.

A) I didn't say that the giants weren't classy. I said that every team in our conference seems to have issues with people not wanting to play there except us, or are having over-rated self-worth issues.

B) Any particular signing doesn't make a team Classy. But how many players have destroyed our team from within? Or caused huge labor disputes and problems? Not many, while it seems like it happens often for our other conference mates. Players that play for our team seem to respect the :starspin more it seems to me.

Plus, I'm slightly homeristic about the boys, what else do you want from me?

:p: :p:

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
Funxva said:
I should have clarified myself more.

A) I didn't say that the giants weren't classy. I said that every team in our conference seems to have issues with people not wanting to play there except us, or are having over-rated self-worth issues.

B) Any particular signing doesn't make a team Classy. But how many players have destroyed our team from within? Or caused huge labor disputes and problems? Not many, while it seems like it happens often for our other conference mates. Players that play for our team seem to respect the :starspin more it seems to me.

Plus, I'm slightly homeristic about the boys, what else do you want from me?

:p: :p:

That's a bunch of nonsense. The Boys made the most classless move of the offseason of any team in the NFL.

aikemirv

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
That's a bunch of nonsense. The Boys made the most classless move of the offseason of any team in the NFL.

But all that matters is that you win:rolleyes: - Maybe you have not figured that out yet;)

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

And yet, unfortunately, they couldn't manage to acquire any criminals. How disappointed they must be, that none of their players have the privilege of being under trial for a felony. :(

1fisher

Reaction score
aikemirv said:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

Funxva

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

What number on the skins is number 26? I forgot... Was it the cross dressing running back? Or the gun toting, lying, spit slinging, jailbait? :confused:

Falcon

Reaction score
I understand where Funxva is coming from. AS a Cowboys fan I too see everything through blue and silver shaded glasses.

I was thinking that the statement was hard to justify. I don't balme the Giants for not overpaying Arrington and I didn't blame the Eagles for playing hardball with TO. I am cautious about TO as a Cowboy, but I think year 1 will be good, after that the contract allows us to dump him without much problem.

But there was nothing classless (or Commander like) in signing TO. It is a calculated risk that Commander fans would be all over if they had signed him.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Funxva said:
Please keep slamming your head against the wall. That gives me warm and fuzzies.

i cant believe you actually posted such a comment.

you made my day!

Funxva

Reaction score
riggo said:
i cant believe you actually posted such a comment.

you made my day!

My pleasure! Anything I can do to make you make me happy.

And I do realize that you take pleasure in your own pain, which makes me even happier.

Of course you DO have to be masochistic to be a skins fan in the first place.. So I understand.