Giants-Eagles. who should we want to win?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I bet the gnats come out swinging because their season is on the line. However if the birds rush gets to eli early then that team will fold. They have zero confidence right now and imo will not take much for them to quit.

Sydla

Reaction score
Giants.

Eagles are currently the threat. I don't think the Giants can sustain any consistent success this year with an OL that bad and with OBJ struggling with that ankle problem.

The Eagles, on the other hand, have a legit defense and at least a competent QB. They are the threat at this time. So knock them down a few pegs. Home losses in the division are tough.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Obviously, we're rooting for misery of both teams always.

I'm gonna say it's better for us if the Giants win. Philly already has a win over Washington, we don't need them going 2-0 in the division.

But, the Giants would essentially be cooked with a 0-3 start.

What say you?

I agree, to have them both be 1-2 after the game would be good for us in the standings. On the flip side, I have seen the Giants look like hot garbage early but turn it around and be a contender late, so I think I want them to lose as many as possible now so when/if the light goes on, it's too late to matter. My money would be on Philthy this week.

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree, to have them both be 1-2 after the game would be good for us in the standings. On the flip side, I have seen the Giants look like hot garbage early but turn it around and be a contender late, so I think I want them to lose as many as possible now so when/if the light goes on, it's too late to matter. My money would be on Philthy this week.

I don't think there is any way, barring some magical change along the OL, for the Giants to go on some late season run.

That being said, Philly is going to win and it could be a real blow out.

rwalters31

Reaction score

I'm gonna say it's better for us if the Giants win. Philly already has a win over Washington, we don't need them going 2-0 in the division.

What say you?
The MSN Bring predicts Eagles to win, Washington over Oak, and Dallas over AR.

aria

Reaction score
I hope the injuries win.
You sound worse than a Philly fan or maybe you are a Philly fan. Were you cheering in the crowd when Irvin almost broke his neck in Philly or were you here being a hypocrite and ranting about how classless and disgusting Philthy fans are for cheering an injury?

We obviously want Giants to win but they won't.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should always root for the division team you have a winning record against this season. In this case, we beat the Giants and have not played the Eagles yet, so we should root for the Giants.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of the time in this situation you root for the team that keeps both records below or tied with ours. Regardless of what is in the schedule ahead for all teams....as we know, anything can happen in these games. Did any of us really expect the Denver game to be that way. Some, maybe even most had this game as a loss as soon as the schedule came out. Just didn't think we would play that sloppy. Though a good part of that was Never making us look that way, though we still helped in that regard.

Anyway, Giants here to keep them both at 1-2, Commanders lose to Raiders, and we win. We are atop the NFCE at 2-1.
I understand why some would want NY to go 0-3, basically taking them out, then we just beat Philly when we play them. But as I said, do not look to those future games.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Giants will be in the running for a top 5 pick. I want them to miss out on the top QB's, so every win they get is good in my eyes. Rooting for the giants to get one of their 7 wins this week.
I like your thinking, I thought I was the only one.

Sydla

Reaction score
Home opener for Philly, so their fans will be all lathered up. A bad Giants OL trying to block what has been one of the best front fours thus far this year.

Yeah. This is going to be a thrashing.

The only way this is a game IMO is if the Giants D has one of those shut down games and gets Wentz to turn the ball over a few times, maybe scores a defensive TD too.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Giants. The death blow dealt to the Jints with an 0-3 start would be nice, but it's hard to envision them being contenders regardless with that offense.

Hardline

Reaction score
After what the Broncos did to the Cowboys, I am mostly concerned with a Cowboys win

Them

Reaction score
...I'm torn.. I hate them equally...decisions...decisions...I say let the gnats fall again...bury them in the NFC Easy basement...then clip the iggles!...:)

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Giant's loss puts them 0-3 and basically out of the running with upcoming schedule that they have. We will take care of Philly with time.

popp1234

Reaction score

What say you?

Who do I want to win? Dallas Cowboys.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think there is any way, barring some magical change along the OL, for the Giants to go on some late season run.

That being said, Philly is going to win and it could be a real blow out.

I hear you..but in 2007 they allowed 80 points in the first 2 weeks and their D was a laughing stock...no one was laughing when they beat the Pats because of their Defense. However, I think that had a lot more to do with their Head coach then their players, and he's gone, thank goodness.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You sound worse than a Philly fan or maybe you are a Philly fan. Were you cheering in the crowd when Irvin almost broke his neck in Philly or were you here being a hypocrite and ranting about how classless and disgusting Philthy fans are for cheering an injury?

We obviously want Giants to win but they won't.
:huh:I missed were I said I hope they all break their necks. But let's not let that stop you from overreacting. A case of turf toe will do nicely to keep key players from taking the field when they get to us.... that's what I'm talking about but silly me was too vague and so of course you will assume the worst. :facepalm:

Sydla

Reaction score
Giant's loss puts them 0-3 and basically out of the running with upcoming schedule that they have. We will take care of Philly with time.

We've split with Philly for the last 3-4 years, right?

Give Philly as many divisional losses as possible, including a home loss to maybe the worst team in the division.