Giants fire Columbo

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Judge feels the heat and knows all about the Sabotage Job done to Wade..
Judge maybe pre Sabotage the Sabotage King.

Judge isn't feeling any heat whatsoever in this his first season. He was in college when the alleged "sabotage" happened so I'll wager that has nothing to do with it, either.

He and Colombo had an argument over a consultant being hired. That much is known. The boss wins those arguments.

Otherwise, I think you may be on to something. :rolleyes:

khiladi

Reaction score
Wait, I though Garrett built our OL and RG. Are you telling me it was Callahan all along? The guy this organization lucked into, who Garrett also feuded with.

You know who else Garrett took to the Giants. The WR coach, Dooley.... but you know, Jerry was the guy who forced all these guys on Garrett, per Garrett apologists all these years.

Remember also, Jason Garrett and his family have strong TIES to the Mara family. Otherwise, Garrett wouldn’t even be coaching this year most probably.

This was the guy Romo had to carry...

khiladi

Reaction score
Our OL play has been deteriorating ever since Callahan left, period. The only reason it didn’t fall that dramatically is because Callahan built an all-pro talented line and coached them to set a solid foundation. Look at what that man is doing in Cleveland.

Further, the only reason we ended up with Collins is because he chose us, after the draft. He was an free agent after his pre-draft issues that multiple teams wanted, but Jerry convinced to sign here.

Last year, there were already evidence issues in the run blocking.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know what’s ironic.

Judge had spent more time coaching the line himself in practices in recent weeks, per sources. Adding DeGuglielmo could give the O-line the help it needed from an experienced coach and free Judge up.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0201118-b7d4ydp3pfg6zefrlvhhduw3uy-story.html

This explains why the Giants have now posted four 100 yard rushing games without Barkley and have moved to bottom of the league in rushing in pretty much every category, to around 20-21. The Giants have gone to a ZONE-BLOCKING scheme running the ball, based on what I’ve read.

Garrett’s whole offense was built on man blocking schemes, via Hudson Houck. Columbo also played under this OL. It was only when Callahan changed that to zone blocking schemes and took completely control over it, did we actually start running the ball effectively.

Like I said, Jason Garrett as play caller here had absolutely no clue how to field a running game to save his life. And it seems pretty obvious IMO that Joe Judge himself had to start taking over these duties to compensate for this.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason will be fired soon, if Judge is still around. If the Garrett family wasn’t that tied to the Mara family, he probably wouldn’t have even been hired. He’s probably still here because Judge knows this and is giving it some time. The fact he got rid of Columbo, while he actually took over the start of revamping the RG and blocking and the Giants have improved and sources are saying this are clear indications.

Garrett “the genius play caller” destroyed the career of Romo, who had to carry this whole franchise on his back...

MikeB80

Reaction score
just a matter of time...Jason will be the HC in NY.

probably the opposite. Columbo was I imagine his biggest ally. Him being fired shows the control Judge has and at the end of the season if he doesn't want Garrett around anymore its pretty obvious he wont be. Especially when you throw in Dave Gettleman might be in his last year there.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Columbo always looked like a POW that had been stealing everyone else's food.

cern

Reaction score
judge had recently began working hands on with the ol in ny. then he decided to bring in his old patriots coach to work with columbo. columbo vehemently protested such a move. garrett, as oc, had to be aware of all these goings on. but to date, i haven't heard a single word from garrett. seems he's wise enough to know when to shut up. clearly, judge is in control.

Plankton

Reaction score
judge had recently began working hands on with the ol in ny. then he decided to bring in his old patriots coach to work with columbo. columbo vehemently protested such a move. garrett, as oc, had to be aware of all these goings on. but to date, i haven't heard a single word from garrett. seems he's wise enough to know when to shut up. clearly, judge is in control.

giphy.gif

tico

Reaction score
Judge isn't feeling any heat whatsoever in this his first season. He was in college when the alleged "sabotage" happened so I'll wager that has nothing to do with it, either.

He and Colombo had an argument over a consultant being hired. That much is known. The boss wins those arguments.

Otherwise, I think you may be on to something. :rolleyes:
Good to see you got the sarcasm.... awesome

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Jerry bring this dude back to the ranch. He was a great fit when he was coaching here. We need a fiery coach who won't take any s!@#$%t and can teach the younger guys on the way the game is suppose to be played. Not sure why he was fired in NY, but it doesn't really matter to me. Just found out why he was fired, for kicking boss' ***. Oh well we need someone with heart on this coaching staff!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jerry bring this dude back to the ranch. He was a great fit when he was coaching here. We need a fiery coach who won't take any s!@#$%t and can teach the younger guys on the way the game is suppose to be played. Not sure why he was fired in NY, but it doesn't really matter to me. Just found out why he was fired, for kicking boss' ***. Oh well we need someone with heart on this coaching staff!

hope so.

he’s a good coach.

got to watch the OL practice at camp many times.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Judge and Colombo did not mix well. Judge repeatedly undermined his authority because it was clear that the OL guys loved him. Garrett has no business telling Judge what to do

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Judge and Colombo did not mix well. Judge repeatedly undermined his authority because it was clear that the OL guys loved him. Garrett has no business telling Judge what to do

Judge is going to be Fired. Losing Colombo like this reflects poorly on Judge.

Jason will be the new HC.

bank on it