Giants havent won nothing yet

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
playmakers;2428279 said:
Yomick, you could of said the same thing about us last year at this time.

This thread wasnt intended for us catching the Giants but how similar the roads will be for us this year as opposed to the Giants last year. I agree we must worry abut the 49ers first.

Yes it is weirdo... like Bizzaro weird how its almost like last year with the teams reversed....

I hope that we can do what they did.

Imagine the #6 seed Cowboys vs. the undefeated Titans in da SupaBowl.... WOW!!

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I had commented on this a couple of weeks ago. The giants are looking like goliath right now. The season is long and they are bound to lose a couple more. They have a fairly hard schedule to finish the season off. Think if they lose three before then and the end. We could be finishing right there with them. That is why I said a while ago that the Giants game is the most important one left on the schedule. I can't wait to see how it plays out and what both teams are looking like going into that final game with the giants.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2428446 said:
I had commented on this a couple of weeks ago. The giants are looking like goliath right now. The season is long and they are bound to lose a couple more. They have a fairly hard schedule to finish the season off. Think if they lose three before then and the end. We could be finishing right there with them. That is why I said a while ago that the Giants game is the most important one left on the schedule. I can't wait to see how it plays out and what both teams are looking like going into that final game with the giants.

It only has meaning if we take care of business now. I do agree that anything can happen and facing division rivals one after the other is going to be a tough stretch for any team. For the Cowboys though every game is the most important game on the schedule

AbeBeta

Reaction score
YoMick;2427655 said:
The Giants havent won nothing yet...

EXCEPT just about EVERY game.

They are the team to beat in NFC. Hands down.

Don't forget that they won the superbowl last year after winning three playoff games on the road

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I think Arizona could end up with homefield advantage.

Also, I think the Bears might win the Norh. I know they just got destroyed, but the Packers have a tougher schedule, and they must travel to Chicago.

I think the Panthers might be in for a big tumble. I'm not sold on them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldn't care less how good the Giants are right now or in the weeks to come. My only concern is how good we are. If we can simply play our best football week-in week-out, everything else will fall in place, but we can't settle on playing "just good enough". That's simply a recipe for disaster.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
One would think the league is salivating over the prospect of a Cowboys/Giants NFC title game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2427627 said:
If Dallas takes care of their business we will get to post season. However I do agree that nothing is cast in stone. No one knows how the Giants will finish or what type of critical injuries they may have to deal with that could have a major drop off in their play in the meantime they have games with division rivials Washington, Philly and Dallas as well as the division leading Cards.

Not to mention Car and Minn. Esp Car. Neither Car or TB are getting a lot of props. TB is 7-3 and they aren't even leading that division. The South has got some players for the WC. Heck the Saints have the same record as does MN, GB, and the Bears.

It's just very hard to look that far ahead. But the Giants and Cowboys have perhaps the #1-2 most difficult schedules. We gotta go. Hard.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jobberone;2428623 said:
Not to mention Car and Minn. Esp Car. Neither Car or TB are getting a lot of props. TB is 7-3 and they aren't even leading that division. The South has got some players for the WC. Heck the Saints have the same record as does MN, GB, and the Bears.

It's just very hard to look that far ahead. But the Giants and Cowboys have perhaps the #1-2 most difficult schedules. We gotta go. Hard.

I agree. NY has to play these games they don't get a pass on them and they have some hard games coming up with playoff caliber teams with 4 games on the road and 2 at home, I don't know what they will do. In the meantime Dallas has to take care of their own business and look no further than the game in front of them, if we don't then it does not matter what any other team does.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2428619 said:
One would think the league is salivating over the prospect of a Cowboys/Giants NFC title game.

Yeah...

Which ever way it falls... I would like to knock Giants out of playoffs.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Aikbach;2427507 said:
Even if Dallas finishes 12-4 it would take a melt down for them to wrestle the division title from the Giants.

I figure the Giants will finish 13-3 and Dallas will be 11-5 or 10-6.

no, it would not take a melt down, just 3/4 more losses most importantly a loss in Texas stadium would seal it.

I pick Arizona to beat the giants, Us, and Philly, it would be nice to see AD run over them again this season which would put the giants at 11-5, and yes with us finishing undefeated or no more than 1 more loss, we would have the division again.

but if not the division, so what the Lombardi trumps everything else.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's not inconceivable they could fall to 11-5 or even 10-6 esp if they get injuries like we did. They have the toughest schedule to finish in the league. Right ahead of us.

BHendri5

Reaction score
the giants always have a slide in their season, the season is not over yet and there are still enough games for them to slide back to the pack, and they have real tough part of their schedule looming starting sunday.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Aren't they still Super Bowl champs? 9-1? Steam rolling over the likes of the Ravens? Dude, they're good at what they do.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think we're headed for a complete reversal of fortune just like in the first part of the OP's post. Giants dominate the division, lock up everything early, have everyone tell them how great they are, lose some momentum -- because it's simply impossible to keep it maxed out all year -- and then their play slips.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they beat us at our place and then face the Giants in the playoffs... And they hear all the same stuff about how hard it is to beat a good team three times in a year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
YoMick;2428657 said:
Yeah...

Which ever way it falls... I would like to knock Giants out of playoffs.

Most scenarios would have them being our 2nd game if we made it that far

Ender

Reaction score
playmakers;2427491 said:
Isnt it a weird irony that last season we were 9-1 too and flying high as a kite until December rolled around. After this we went from a good team to an average one. Also, isnt it kinda ironic that the Giants were fighting for their lives week to week last season and was probably a game away from firing the coach and tanking the rest of the season. And, isnt it ironic that the Commanders had the opporunity to tko both of our teams and just didnt have enough ammo to do so. Ok, the tail of two seasons could turn out to be really similar. I dont want to jump ahead but I think we will make a wildcard and be a 6th seed. Look who might be lurking in round 1??????? The Tampa Bay Bucs. Youre have the

Giants #1
Arizona #2 (easier schedule down stretch)
TB #3 (easier schedule down stretch than Car)
GB # 4
Car #5
Dallas #6

We beat TB in round one and look who we got in round 2????????? The Giants. Paybacks...................... Roles are reversed and we win. Then we go to GB for the championship game as I have them beating Arizona in the other game. Wow.......... This scenario is not a dream either, it is one of many unique possibilties.

In addition, I wouldnt give the Giants the division just yet.

At Arizona (1st place)
At Washington (will be fighting for their lives there)
vs Philly (similar to them beating us last season at around the same time)
at Dallas revenge
vs Carolina ( they always give anybody a tough game regardless of records)
at Minnesota ( Its hard to win in Minnesota)

Lets let the season play out some more before we concede anything. It will be tough but its far from over. opinions

I have one problem with this thread. THe Giants have won something, they are the Super Bowl Champs for one and secondly, theres probaby no way they lose the division

BHendri5

Reaction score
I have no problem with this thread. The super bowl was last feb. the giants won, true. but they cannot hang their hat on that now at this time of the season, we are on the verge to crowning a new champ.

personally, i am not impressed with the giants, not one bit, so I really do not care what they have done so far, they still have to play us with a fully loaded squad this next game, and they can hang it up dec. 14, 7:15pm.

They will lose in arizona, and they will lose at least 2 more games after that, at least, as i said they have slide coming, they always have one every season, either early, middle or late, and since it did not come early or in the middle it will be late.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
playmakers;2427491 said:
Isnt it a weird irony that last season we were 9-1 too and flying high as a kite until December rolled around. After this we went from a good team to an average one. Also, isnt it kinda ironic that the Giants were fighting for their lives week to week last season and was probably a game away from firing the coach and tanking the rest of the season. And, isnt it ironic that the Commanders had the opporunity to tko both of our teams and just didnt have enough ammo to do so. Ok, the tail of two seasons could turn out to be really similar. I dont want to jump ahead but I think we will make a wildcard and be a 6th seed. Look who might be lurking in round 1??????? The Tampa Bay Bucs. Youre have the

Giants #1
Arizona #2 (easier schedule down stretch)
TB #3 (easier schedule down stretch than Car)
GB # 4
Car #5
Dallas #6

We beat TB in round one and look who we got in round 2????????? The Giants. Paybacks...................... Roles are reversed and we win. Then we go to GB for the championship game as I have them beating Arizona in the other game. Wow.......... This scenario is not a dream either, it is one of many unique possibilties.

In addition, I wouldnt give the Giants the division just yet.

At Arizona (1st place)
At Washington (will be fighting for their lives there)
vs Philly (similar to them beating us last season at around the same time)
at Dallas revenge
vs Carolina ( they always give anybody a tough game regardless of records)
at Minnesota ( Its hard to win in Minnesota)

Lets let the season play out some more before we concede anything. It will be tough but its far from over. opinions
And Tennessee will be in the superbowl, undefeated, until we beat them and shock the world.