Image: Giants lost because Eli can't count

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dallas gave the Giants a few gifts Sunday, it was only fair that they returned the favor.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Omg. This is the best thing ever. Rashad Jennings has zero chill.

We told you last night about Eli Manning suggesting to his running back Rashad Jennings to not get in the endzone at the end of the New York Giants game against the Dallas Cowboysand what a bad decision that proved to be. But we have to bring it up again because look at this glorious New York Post cover this morning:
new-york-post-fron-091515.png

new-york-post-091515.png

Truly spectacular work.

And while we Philadelphia Eagles fans mope around all day about the Birds' loss Monday night in Atlanta, enjoying the ineptitude of our rivals will provide some sort of solace at least.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/new-york-posts-fantastic-eli-manning-dunce-hat-cover

Aven8

Reaction score
And people thought the Dallas media is tough! Not even close!

JDSmith

Reaction score
I seriously have to wonder if Eli was dehydrated or had low blood sugar or something. I can't for the life of me understand how he didn't think to just ask a ref how many timeouts we had. He may look dopey, but he's not a moron - or at least he wasn't until the end of the game Sunday. It's seriously out of character.

Brooksey

Reaction score
What an idiot. Besides the whole throw it on 3rd down instead of run 40 seconds off the playclock, why in the world would Eli tell Rashad not to score twice? Can some one tell me that? Because he can't count timeouts? Timeouts were irrelevant, a TD puts them up by two scores with 1:30 on the clock. Bizarre.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
What an idiot. Besides the whole throw it on 3rd down instead of run 40 seconds off the playclock, why in the world would Eli tell Rashad not to score twice? Can some one tell me that? Because he can't count timeouts? Timeouts were irrelevant, a TD puts them up by two scores with 1:30 on the clock. Bizarre.

My whole thing though... Why put your qb on blast? Like who is Rashad Jennings? WOW

Proximo

Reaction score

Agreed. The number of timeouts we had is less relevant, with the incomplete pass on 3rd and goal being their ultimate blunder, in addition to them "not really trying their hardest" to score a TD.

Some of the worst end-of-game management I've ever seen.

How do you not go up by 10 with less than 2 minutes left? Regardless of how many timeouts are left. Then throwing the ball away on 3rd down to cap it off. Complete blunders.

If Garrett pulled this he'd need to get around the clock security to guard his life.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
My whole thing though... Why put your qb on blast? Like who is Rashad Jennings? WOW

LOL Yeah, talk about throwing a teammate under the bus, Jennings placed him under the tire, then climbed into the driver's seat and put it in drive.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
If Romo did that I'd would have been bombarded on social media; my phone would have exploded, there would have been a power outage and ATM's would have stopped spitting out money in my area. Thankfully, it was the other way around. I have no remorse for Eli's stupidity. I'm just thankful there weren't any riots in the street. :flagwave:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Agreed. The number of timeouts we had is less relevant, with the incomplete pass on 3rd and goal being their ultimate blunder, in addition to them "not really trying their hardest" to score a TD.

Some of the worst end-of-game management I've ever seen.

How do you not go up by 10 with less than 2 minutes left? Regardless of how many timeouts are left. Then throwing the ball away on 3rd down to cap it off. Complete blunders.

If Garrett pulled this he'd need to get around the clock security to guard his life.

But he still had all these stoppages to look at the scoreboard or ask a coach or ref.

The strategy is stupid even if we had one TO instead of 2. You only try not to score and go up by 10 if you can run the clock out.

If he thought that they could run the clock out then he should have taken a knee and not risked a fumble.

And after first down and we stopped the clock, the scoreboard still showed we had one left. How could he miss that?

But even with all that, they should have still ran the ball on third down and tried to score a TD.

None of it makes any sense, even Jennings calling out Eli.