Giants name Geno Smith their starting QB **merged**

dwreck27

Reaction score
A team that appreciates tanking for a pick....

killing Eli's iron man record as well

EST_1986

Reaction score
Tanking in football has never made a lot of sense to me.

In basketball with 9 man rotations and 15 man rosters sure. You can turnover the roster, change the culture, and still build on what you have.

With 40-45 guys who all play and a 53 man roster you are going to retain a lot of that losing ethic. I do believe in the notion of a team's culture.

I think of the great consistent teams in the NFL like NE, GB, and PItt and what I don't see is tanking. OTOH, I see perennial doormats who pick in the top10 year after year without cessation like Cleveland and Chicago.

I am 100% behind the Giant's tanking.
yea its all cute until they land another franchise QB

dupree89

Reaction score
Geno and Davis Webb are both playing this week. I doubt this is about Geno Smith. They probably don't want the rookie fielding questions this week about being named starter. Davis Webb plays a half this week and probably is named starter for the rest of the season, that's my guess.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
If the Giants gave Eli a decent oline and good ground game to compliment the wrs this would have never happened.

mcmvp

Reaction score
You know your career has reached the end when you're replaced by Geno Smith.

I think they already know that Geno brings nothing...they want to see the other guy. Geno will start in the hope he does something that allows them to get something for him via trade. They already know they can trade Eli and get decent value. I think most knew they were going for a QB this draft...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
7081.jpg