Giants name Geno Smith their starting QB **merged**

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, but you’d have an easier time developing a pizza as your QB than Geno. They will address OL in later rounds.

And fail. For the last decade the NFL has been overdrafting OL year in and year out. This is also a weak class. OL talent becomes more scarce every year.

My point is that any young QB is going ot have no pass protection of a running game.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Last thing the Giants want is a victory. It would kill their draft position. Worst case scenario for the Giants would be to win a couple games with Geno. I'm guessing the Giants would pull Geno for Webb pretty quickly if Geno has them close.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Does this mean they will Un flex the the Un flex from 1 back to 3:30? I mean, Geno Smith playing the Cowboys has to be a ratings bonanza.

rags747

Reaction score
WOW...Giants are in the mode of seeing what they have in Gino and the rookie Webb before having to go all in on the upcoming draft, smart move.

lwehlers

Reaction score
the giants are totally stupid. there are far more problems with the giants offense then eli manning. geno smith give me a break. then again with as bad as the cowboys are on defense smith will probably throw three touchdowns and three hundred yards against us in two weeks.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Haley. I miss Wellington Mara. That's all I will say. This was a non-classy move by John Mara and the Giants. Eli is the bigger man. I am sad and I am mad.
Agreed. This would have been handled differently some yrs ago. I always admired the Giants organization years ago. The FO always were professional and had class.