Giants Officially Over-rated

2much2soon

Reaction score
If the Vikes are the worst team in the league, the Giants look like the second worst team.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
i agree, they arent that good....tired of hearing about manning
he is not ready to take them deep into the playoffs...they may not even make it!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
funny how the booth guys, have been sayign the giants D have been doing so good, and then they let the vikes march right down the field and get the FG

calico

Reaction score
I found it funny that they said that the Vikes D created the blueprint to stop the Giants offense....Dallas did alot better job against them than Minny.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
calico said:
I found it funny that they said that the Vikes D created the blueprint to stop the Giants offense....Dallas did alot better job against them than Minny.

You are so right. Just go over to nfl.com and look at the drives (graphics). You will see that the Vikes D just did nothing to stop the Giants. The Giants stoped themselfs.

2much2soon

Reaction score
gints are starting their regularly scheduled 2nd half of the season slide.
and where does this put the deadskins? Bwahahahahah!!!

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Let's not go crazy guys. While I think the Giants are not as good as people believe, this was a game they had no business losing. They are a much better team than the Vikes. Oh sure, I'm ecstatic the Vikes won:D , but any team that throws 4 picks and has one returned for a TD, while also having a punt and a KO returned for a TD against them isn't going to win. They ALMOST won in spite of all of that. Don't take this team lightly, I think their better than the Skins. One thing I will say, they need Eli to be more consistent, he is pretty inaccurate.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
calico said:

Off-topic, but related to what you said... I have the Stl/Sea game. The announcers are saying that teams are copying what Dallas did to the Seattle WRs and having success with it! I like it when teams copy Dallas, rather than Dallas copy teams :) Just reconfirms my belief that Dallas has everything in place on D!

2much2soon

Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
Let's not go crazy guys. While I think the Giants are not as good as people believe, this was a game they had no business losing. They are a much better team than the Vikes. Oh sure, I'm ecstatic the Vikes won:D , but any team that throws 4 picks and has one returned for a TD, while also having a punt and a KO returned for a TD against them isn't going to win. They ALMOST won in spite of all of that. Don't take this team lightly, I think their better than the Skins. One thing I will say, they need Eli to be more consistent, he is pretty inaccurate.

I am not discounting the gints but do like to pile on whenever possible :laugh1:

Still, you have to admit, a "good" team would of closed the deal here and won. And a good team wouldn't of thrown 4 ints and had the special teams collapses. Especially against a team as bad as Minny, with an ancient QB and all the off-field issues.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
2much2soon said:
I am not discounting the gints but do like to pile on whenever possible :laugh1:

Still, you have to admit, a "good" team would of closed the deal here and won. And a good team wouldn't of thrown 4 ints and had the special teams collapses. Especially against a team as bad as Minny, with an ancient QB and all the off-field issues.

It's going to happen once in awhile during a 16 game season.

But I'm done sticking up for the Gints.

Go Cowboys!

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
funny how the booth guys, have been sayign the giants D have been doing so good, and then they let the vikes march right down the field and get the FG

Dallas did the same thing to the Giants after they tied it late - marched down the field with 3 straight clutch passes and a FG to win. And everyone said it was a fluke and how lucky Dallas was. And how unlucky the Giants were to have fumbled at the 5. Then today Manning throws 4 picks, one from the 5. He nearly doubled his season total to 9.

ghst187

Reaction score
calico said:

that's what I was thinking when they said that....apparently during our bye week, everyone forgot that we existed and how we abused the gints and made Eli look foolish.

I did personally enjoy Eli looking like terrible and frustrated.

listen to all the media ankles breaking jumping off of the bandwagon.

Looks like the foreskins will lose....we can take control on Monday if we handle our business.

Spurs21Cowboys22

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
that's what I was thinking when they said that....apparently during our bye week, everyone forgot that we existed and how we abused the gints and made Eli look foolish.

I did personally enjoy Eli looking like terrible and frustrated.

listen to all the media ankles breaking jumping off of the bandwagon.

Looks like the foreskins will lose....we can take control on Monday if we handle our business.

On FOX pregame, Howie Long (or one of their analysts) said Dallas is the most complete team in the division, so not everyone has forgotten about Dallas. Those that have will remember come Monday night! :starspin

baj1dallas

Reaction score
It's just one bad game from Manning is all. No he's not ready to go deep into the playoffs, but it took Peyton a while too, right?

Eskimo

Reaction score
The Giants got some good players and Eli is kind of a role player on this team. The main guys on the O side are Barber, Shockey and Burress who comprise a trio of extremely talented skilled players. The OL has been very solid outside of penalties. The D mainly feeds off the rush ends (Osi and Strahan) and the smarts of Pierce - their secondary is poor.

If Eli could take his QB play to the above average range, the Giants would be tough to deal with this year.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
It's just one bad game from Manning is all. No he's not ready to go deep into the playoffs, but it took Peyton a while too, right?

Peyton hasnt gone deep into the playoffs until this year. The Giants have a struggling defense from using all of their high picks to trade for Eli. IMO give them two years of stocking up on Dlineman and Backers and they will be back in the race for the NFC title from us.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
The Giants are a pretty good team, but were very out of sinc on offense. They will be a tough team for us down the stretch. Lets not get carried away here.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Sports radio in NY was SO over the top this week it wasn't funny.

Today was nice to see.

The Giants have a decent team. No more; no less.