Giants only had 1 holding penalty

zeroburrito

Reaction score
that's why there were so many pressures. they never held. good olines hold all the time as you can't call even a quarter of them.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
There's holding on almost every play. We got away with a few no calls, but the holding on the Giants defense was so blatant it makes you wonder how they missed it. Hopefully we don't see that crew again.
The problem is, it's not just that particular officiating crew, it feels like the deck is slightly stacked against the Cowboys in terms of bad calls and no calls.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The problem is, it's not just that particular officiating crew, it feels like the deck is slightly stacked against the Cowboys in terms of bad calls and no calls.

I think there are some teams like the Cowboys that have legitimate complaints with officiating. There are definitely some ref crews worse than others though.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
We sacked Jones 5 times and had more than 20 pressures against him. Yet they were only called for 1 holding penalty.

While We kept Cooper Rush clean with no sacks, and no pressure, and had a total of 3 holding penalties.

The film doesn't lie. Many times Parsons was held but there was no call. Noah Brown was mugged and there was no call.

Yet we get called for ticky tack fouls like a Tyler Smith's call and the personal foul on Wilson.

What is up with these refs calling everything one sided? It's obvious that they aren't giving us any leeway when it comes to penalties.
Unfortunately,it’s been like that for years.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I best the ref who threw the one holding flag against the Giants will be put on suspension by the end of the week for going against league mandate.. "No calls for holding the Cowboys.. ever"

Bagman

Reaction score
Did you notice the Refs seemed to hold court every time a flag was thrown against the Giants? It as if they were voting on the penalty and looking for a majority vote to not pick up the flag.
I even noticed "disappointment" in the referees face after a line judge told him there was encroachment on the Giants D line. He was hoping for illegal motion on Dallas O line.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
There is a reason why they call penalty decisions "the call from New York"

Bagman

Reaction score
Did you see how unhappy the ref was when he had to call intentional grounding on jones? What a piece of garbage.

It’s one thing when we’re mad at the refs when we lose cause people think we’re just making excuses for the loss...

But we won and we’re still saying the same thing about these boss refs. What are we making excuses for now? Exactly the truth will always be the truth regardless if we win or lose.
I said that in another post. These refs almost seemed sad when a Giants penalty occurred.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I've heard countless accusations of the refs being biased against the Cowboys over the decades, & there are, of course, a lot of weird calls that go against our team (just like they go against any team.)

What I've never heard, though, is a good explanation of why the NFL would ever want to be biased against Dallas. You never hear of MLB being prejudiced against the Yankees, for instance, or the NBA being biased against the Lakers. On the contrary, sports leagues generally unfairly favor their marquee, high-profile franchises.

There is no reason why the NFL would not, or should not, want the Cowboys to perform well. The Cowboys have the largest fanbase, draw the most revenue, & command the highest TV ratings. A deep Dallas run in the playoffs would boost the league's visibility. It would make more money for the league, get more eyes watching. The fact that the Cowboys have not even appeared in, let alone won, a Super Bowl in the past 26 years is of no benefit to the league whatsoever. On the contrary, another Cowboys Super Bowl would be an enormous boom to the NFL. The NFL should, in theory, want the Cowboys to do as well as possible.

Bagman

Reaction score
I've heard countless accusations of the refs being biased against the Cowboys over the decades, & there are, of course, a lot of weird calls that go against our team (just like they go against any team.)

What I've never heard, though, is a good explanation of why the NFL would ever want to be biased against Dallas. You never hear of MLB being prejudiced against the Yankees, for instance, or the NBA being biased against the Lakers. On the contrary, sports leagues generally unfairly favor their marquee, high-profile franchises.

There is no reason why the NFL would not, or should not, want the Cowboys to perform well. The Cowboys have the largest fanbase, draw the most revenue, & command the highest TV ratings. A deep Dallas run in the playoffs would boost the league's visibility. It would make more money for the league, get more eyes watching. The fact that the Cowboys have not even appeared in, let alone won, a Super Bowl in the past 26 years is of no benefit to the league whatsoever. On the contrary, another Cowboys Super Bowl would be an enormous boom to the NFL. The NFL should, in theory, want the Cowboys to do as well as possible.
Very simple...Jerry Jones challenged Goodells power and authority and he lost. The Cowboys will never get fair officiating until Jerry is gone.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Well JJ sued the NFL in the 90s and a few years ago I believe he was only owner to vote not to want to keep Goodell as commish

RonnieT24

Reaction score

You actually answered your own question even though you may not realize it. By having the largest fan base and being the largest brand in sports there is a tremendous amount of jealousy towards them.. There is also a ton of resentment built up from their having beaten up on just about every other team in the league for most of their existence. Most of the NFL refs are between 40 and 70 years old. The guys who are in their 60's and 70's watched the Cowboys beat up on their favorite teams during their sports formative years (ages 7-17) .. and the guys in their 40's got to watch the Cowboys beat up on their favorite teams during the those same ages. Things that traumatize you as a kid like that have a way of staying with you throughout your life. For this reason I always reject whole "conspiracy" argument. There doesn't need to be any conspiracy.. Tomorrow morning 7 billion people on the planet will wake up in the morning almost the same way at generally the same time of day. Did they all get together on a Zoom call and plan it? Maybe things just happen organically. 20 years from now I guarantee you most fans and most refs will hate the hell out of the Patriots.. for much the same reasons.