Giants or Eagles?

VACowboy

Reaction score
I can't choose who I root for. It just happens. And I don't see any way I can pull for the Gints.

Here's to a tie ball game after OT, immediately after which a giant sink hole opens up and swallows Lincoln Financial Field.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither. I root for the Cowboys and the Cowboys alone. However, I would add that Dallas should prove to themselves and the rest of the league that they belong in the playoffs by winning enough games to reach the postseason. Like the old saying goes, "If you want to get the job done right, do it yourself." If the team takes care of it's own business, everything else will work out fine.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I guess I'll root for an Eagles loss.

But I wouldn't be upset with a Giants loss either.

aikemirv

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2405183 said:
no, actually that is NOT correct. That is in order for us to FINISH with a better record than the giants. We can ALWAYS win the division via a tiebreaker. Therefore, the giants would have to either lose 3 of their last 7 and we lose 1 or they lose 4 of their last 7 and we lose 2. Far from impossible. Try taking a gander at the Giants schedule why don't ya. I will do the work for you and post it. In my opinion, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO possibility with a healthy Romo that this team loses more than 2 of its remaining games. We are looking at 10-6 or 11-5. More than likely 10-6 but I wont rule out 11-5. This team has proven over the years that it can reel off a 5 game win streak.

Assuming the giants lose sunday which is what the argument is - their remaining games are:

Baltimore
@Arizona
@Washington
Philly
@Dallas
Carolina
@Minnesota

I do not know about you - but to me it does not seem IMPOSSIBLE for the giants to lose 3 or even 4 games from this schedule.

Absolutely ZERO possibility - they lost 2 with Romo healthy. And.... for that matter, the way the Oline has been playing I think it is about a 50/50 chance that Romo does not reinjure or get injured during the 3 game stretch in 12 days.

Doomsday101;2405193 said:
Giants are currently 7-1 if they lose to Philly they are 7-2 we come out of the bye 5-4 2 games back with another meeting with them at Texas Stadium.

kmd24;2405228 said:
The Giants need only lose 3 games of the next 8 for the Cowboys to surpass them. The catch is that they must all be division losses and one of those losses must be to the Cowboys.

Even if the Eagles win on Sunday, Dallas can edge them by beating them in week 17. The Eagles also have to face the Giants again in the Meadowlands.

The Commanders would have to lose at least one other game besides losing to the Cowboys for the Cowboys to surpass them. It would benefit us greatly if that other game was to either the Giants or the Eagles.

To bring this long story to an end, I'm rooting for the Eagles on Sunday.

Ok guys, I understand that the Giants would technically only have to lose 3 games. I knew that when I wrote it but .....

The Giants are 2-0 in the Division and 5-0 in conf compared to us 1-2 and 3-4. So, when I am hoping for who wins I will take the better odds that we come out 6-1 or 5-2 and take a wild card spot than the idea that the beginning of the season will be an opposite of the end for BOTH the Cowboys and the Giants.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;2405302 said:
Neither. I root for the Cowboys and the Cowboys alone. However, I would add that Dallas should prove to themselves and the rest of the league that they belong in the playoffs by winning enough games to reach the postseason. Like the old saying goes, "If you want to get the job done right, do it yourself." If the team takes care of it's own business, everything else will work out fine.

I agree. None of this means anything if the Cowboys don't turn things around. My concern is not with NY, Philly or Wash it is the Cowboys. If the Cowboys can get it going and play as most think they can then we can be where we want to be in the end.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2405360 said:
I agree. None of this means anything if the Cowboys don't turn things around. My concern is not with NY, Philly or Wash it is the Cowboys. If the Cowboys can get it going and play as most think they can then we can be where we want to be in the end.

That is very true. I know, even with the current state of the NFC and wildcard seedings that the Cowboys control their own destiny at this point.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
this is a no brainer...the Giants are the CLASS of the NFL. They will win the division...you want them to knock off as many wild card teams in Dallas way...I hope the ONLY remaining game the Giants lose is to Dallas

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think it's a no brainer as well. Pull for the Eagles to win. They then have a tough game against the Ravens who match up extremely well with them and can beat them no question. In fact the Giants have tough games to close out the year. Tougher than we do. They beat Cinci and Pittsburg narrowly and should have lost both those games. They haven't exactly bowled everyone over. They have chinks in their armor although so far they have risen to the occasion. They will lose some games.

Sunday, 11/9 8:15 PM ET NBC @ Philadelphia
Sunday, 11/16 1:00 PM ET* CBS Baltimore
Sunday, 11/23 4:15 PM ET* FOX @ Arizona
Sunday, 11/30 1:00 PM ET* FOX @ Washington
Sunday, 12/7 1:00 PM ET* FOX Philadelphia
Sunday, 12/14 8:15 PM ET* NBC @ Dallas
Sunday, 12/21 1:00 PM ET* FOX Carolina
Sunday, 12/28 1:00 PM ET* FOX @Minnesota

Cleveland beat them to the same tune as we lost to them. 35-14.

I hope the Giants lose out. We have a good chance to catch them.

I've not conceded the division crown by any means.

kmd24

Reaction score
aikemirv;2405354 said:
The Giants are 2-0 in the Division and 5-0 in conf compared to us 1-2 and 3-4. So, when I am hoping for who wins I will take the better odds that we come out 6-1 or 5-2 and take a wild card spot than the idea that the beginning of the season will be an opposite of the end for BOTH the Cowboys and the Giants.

That's silly. We don't need any help from the Giants to pass the Eagles. And even if the Eagles lose on Sunday, we will probably still have to beat them in Week 17 to avoid losing a tiebreaker to them.

Why give up on the division before it's absolutely necessary?

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
dstew60105;2405111 said:
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but who you root for this Sunday night? My belief is that the Giants are too far out in front for us to catch, so an Eagles loss would be better for our playoff situation. Any thoughts?

how so? we still play them. if they lose this game and faulter on another game down the road. look out....pressure bursts pipes.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
jobberone;2405442 said:
I think it's a no brainer as well. Pull for the Eagles to win. I've not conceded the division crown by any means.

Agreed -- for those of you who are pulling for the Giants because "they've already won the division," I have no respect for you. Pitiful.

I want to see the Eagles beat the Giants in the same way they beat the Steelers. And I want to see Eli cry. This division hasn't been decided yet.

Remember the Meadowlands!! Those bleepers are going to get what's coming to them. Newflash: They're just not that good. It's the NY media hyping them as world-beaters, that's it.

It's time to spank that asss.:spanking:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2405827 said:
Remember the Meadowlands!! Those bleepers are going to get what's coming to them. Newflash: They're just not that good. It's the NY media hyping them as world-beaters, that's it.
I bet you a nickel they have a year a lot like we did last year: Tons of wins early, all the hype, peaking too soon... And a disappointing playoff loss.

BeachCityBoyzFan

Reaction score
jobberone;2405442 said:
I've not conceded the division crown by any means.

That's what I'm talking about. This is far from over. Just look at the Giant's upcoming schedule....it's downright brutal. I can see them losing 4 of those remaining games, one of them being to us, of course.

This year's Giants team is pretty good, but they ain't all that. The Cowboys are getting extremely healthy at the right time, and once we get rolling, especially offensively...watch out.

Dec. 14, Sunday night, Giants (10-3) @ Dallas (9-4)...is it possible? Better believe it. :starspin

Hoofbite

Reaction score
GIANTS

Dallas cannot catch the Giants. The Eagles need to lose in order to keep the Wildcard in check.

It Philly wins, it helps not one bit.

Decleater101

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2405183 said:
no, actually that is NOT correct. That is in order for us to FINISH with a better record than the giants. We can ALWAYS win the division via a tiebreaker. Therefore, the giants would have to either lose 3 of their last 7 and we lose 1 or they lose 4 of their last 7 and we lose 2. Far from impossible. Try taking a gander at the Giants schedule why don't ya. I will do the work for you and post it. In my opinion, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO possibility with a healthy Romo that this team loses more than 2 of its remaining games. We are looking at 10-6 or 11-5. More than likely 10-6 but I wont rule out 11-5. This team has proven over the years that it can reel off a 5 game win streak.

Assuming the giants lose sunday which is what the argument is - their remaining games are:

Baltimore
@Arizona
@Washington
Philly
@Dallas
Carolina
@Minnesota

I do not know about you - but to me it does not seem IMPOSSIBLE for the giants to lose 3 or even 4 games from this schedule.

I agree. Not out of the realm of possibility at all.

:)