Twitter: Giants plan on bringing back HC Judge and QB Jones next year

817Gill

Reaction score
Nope. New Jersey family here. When he was little he fell in love with the Cowboys logo and Tony Romo. His brother and I are Giants fans and he is a Cowboys fan. @Ranching and @daboyzruleperiod @waldoputty will tell you all about it. I don't frequent this board but before an important game for Cowboys, I keep browsing.
Ahh ok interesting stuff. Always cool to find out how families have multiple NFC East allegiances. Appreciate the insight!

khiladi

Reaction score
They aren’t going to fire Joe, when Garrett was the Mara choice. They definitely aren’t getting rid of Jones, after Garrett proved himself incompetent once again.

Everybody in NY wanted Garrett gone. This wasn’t Dallas.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They aren’t going to fire Joe, when Garrett was the Mara choice. They definitely aren’t getting rid of Jones, after Garrett proved himself incompetent once again.

Everybody in NY wanted Garrett gone. This wasn’t Dallas.
Garrett and Judge speak the same PC language that the Maras want to hear.

Only problem is it's no longer 1995.

PC may be the wrong choice of description. But you know what I mean.

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett and Judge speak the same PC language that the Maras want to hear.

Only problem is it's no longer 1995.

I’m not sure about JJ, but Mara and Garrett family go way back. They wanted Garrett here, it wasn’t JJ. I believe he was made OC before Joe even came, similar to the Wade situation here. Joe fired Columbo five weeks into the first season that Garrett as calling plays and Columbo was brought in by Garrett.

The reality is Garrett was getting trashed by the NY media the first season and this year as well. Players were calling him out last year.

It makes no sense for them to ‘give up’ on Jones, after the Garrett experiment, at lease for one more contract year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m not sure about JJ, but Mara and Garrett family go way back. They wanted Garrett here, it wasn’t JJ. I believe he was made OC before Joe even came, similar to the Wade situation here. Joe fired Columbo five weeks into the first season that Garrett as calling plays and Columbo was brought in by Garrett.

The reality is Garrett was getting trashed by the NY media the first season and this year as well. Players were calling him out last year.

It makes no sense for them to ‘give up’ on Jones, after the Garrett experiment, at lease for one more contract year.
Judge was hired first, for sure.

His press conference reminded me of Garrett speak.

This was during the time of the Garrett limbo here.

Sure enough, Gettleman and Judge sealed their own fate by signing off on Garrett.

They now have a year to fix it. Good luck.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They’ll bring in competition for Daniel Jones.

khiladi

Reaction score
Judge was hired first, for sure.

His press conference reminded me of Garrett speak.

This was during the time of the Garrett limbo here.

Sure enough, Gettleman and Judge sealed their own fate by signing off on Garrett.

They now have a year to fix it. Good luck.

agree, this is a make it break deal. But given the context, it makes sense to give JJ another year, and Jones as well, considering how bad Garrett was. It is no surprise at all this was the direction the FO decided.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Nope. New Jersey family here. When he was little he fell in love with the Cowboys logo and Tony Romo. His brother and I are Giants fans and he is a Cowboys fan. @Ranching and @daboyzruleperiod @waldoputty will tell you all about it. I don't frequent this board but before an important game for Cowboys, I keep browsing.
Merry belated Christmas sweetheart. Wish the Giants would have defeated those depleted Egals. Now we have to listen how they're playoff bound. :laugh:

Shout out to @Ranching AGAIN. Waldo is in stealth mode. ;)
How’d he become a Cowboys fan? Do y’all live in the DFW area?
o_O

They have two high first round picks next year. I wonder if one is gonna be traded for Russell Wilson. Like it or not that at least makes them decent
Doesn't matter. They're 0-9 vs Dak!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We can only hope they spend a first round pick on a QB and then time to get some popcorn and prop your feet up.

I'm hoping they don't spend a first-round pick on a QB and continue to think Jones is the answer. The longer they do that, the longer they'll just be so-so.

NickZepp

Reaction score
It's good to see that the Giants like losing a lot of game every year.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I don’t know why but I think Judge and Jones have potential. I think Garrett and Gettlemen were the real problems: Jones suffered from Garrett’s offense and Judge from the terrible drafting and trading Gettlemen did. Time will tell soon enough.