Giants ready to spend in free agency

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak sure is a bargain! lol
If you look at what the Giants are paying Jones for having one above average season and then consider what guys like Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, and Jalen Hurts are going to demand, yes, Dak will be a bargain.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys sit on their hands again this free agency looking for cheap low to mid tier free agents, the Giants are likely to move ahead of them just like Philly did last year. Signing jags isn’t going to improve the team.

Big_D

Reaction score
If you look at what the Giants are paying Jones for having one above average season and then consider what guys like Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, and Jalen Hurts are going to demand, yes, Dak will be a bargain.

That team was a mess his first 3 years and he's on his 3rd HC. And an offense that really has very few weapons and they still won a road playoff game just like this one. We'll see how they stack up as that roster improves. But the Judge/Garrett years were nothing short of garbage. Hard to blame the QB for that one.

75boyz

Reaction score
The opportunity would present itself in those situations, but Jerry Jones has not pulled that trigger historically. The only occasion that kinda matches the circumstances was 2001.

However, Dallas did not have a first round pick that offseason and used its second round pick on Quincy Carter. It should also be noted Jones pulled that trigger after losing Troy Aikman AND acquiring Tony Banks to ensure Carter would receive more time in assuming the starter role. Of course, Jones ditched Banks at his earliest opportunity. He is a professional football mastermind.

Opportunity is one thing. Hoping Jones will cash in an opportunity is totally different.
Maybe and even probably so.

I'd still hope a new high draft pick and future jersey sales leader could change Jerry's mind if Dak the bed with a poor w/l record.

The public perception of him as Dallas's QB could change. Then Jerry could cope by moving in a new
direction with his shiny new marketing toy.

Again, not saying probable but I'm practically grasping at straws for any plans that would limit Dak's remaining stay as a Cowboy for as short a time as possible.

These are desperate times.
It calls for desperate measures.

Last edited by a moderator:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Daniel Jones is a 19M cap hit for the Giants this year. They have a 1 year window. After that, no chance at a SB appearance. But teams are ok with this.
How so, in 2024 they've still got nearly $50m more CAP than ourselves.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
In 2024 he'll be a 45M cap hit. I don't care how much space they have, they're not winning with him at a 45M cap hit.
They probably arent going to win, however, if you've got the CAP then it's all about the supporting roster.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

If I was a Giants fan I would apply the same rule I throw at the feet of Jerry every time he says something...****.

If this is your strategy fine, but when has it been value-added to revel one's strategy in a highly competitive environment such as the NFL.

Shut up and go do your job.

On another note I am interested in seeing how this plays out now he has drew his line in the sand.

75boyz

Reaction score
That team was a mess his first 3 years and he's on his 3rd HC. And an offense that really has very few weapons and they still won a road playoff game just like this one. We'll see how they stack up as that roster improves. But the Judge/Garrett years were nothing short of garbage. Hard to blame the QB for that one.
Excellent post. I can tell when someone else watches other division teams with an unbiased eye. My best friend is a Giants fan so I'm pretty in tune with that team as well. I kinda keep up with a lot of what Philly does too.

I haven't had much need to follow Washington but times may be changing there too so ya just never know.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

The Shegals passed us last year, and I could see the Midgets passing us next year as well.
When you have an amatuer GM, that's what happens...
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Joe Schoen? General manager? It's not John Mara? Did Schoen marry into the family? What's the connection? There's no connection? Schoen was hired after a job search? What the heck is that? Schoen had 20 years of NFL experience before getting the job, including front office experience? This doesn't track. You don't just buy a team and give yourself the title of GM? Wait. What's that sound? Is... is that The Twilight Zone theme I hear?
The whole above concept sounds totally illogical and foreign to me.
I have been soaking my brain in the Cowboy's way for toooo long.

Bigdog

Reaction score
We do the same thing except we shop at Dollar General